Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 168436 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 1
« Reply #195 on: January 02, 2014, 10:33:23 am »

So... The only option is to make massive amounts of wealth before the migration waves in order to get as many as possible? Can't you add some massively time consuming and irritating way to get more which uses large amounts of resources?

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 02, 2014, 10:36:05 am »

Those two migration waves: are there only warlocks in them or is it mixed with skeletons and ghouls etc?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #197 on: January 02, 2014, 10:43:29 am »

Mixed.

There is of course another way: The Emissary can run "force migrants", which is the same as the dwarven embassy. You should be able to get more migrant waves that way.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 02, 2014, 10:44:17 am »

Oh thank god.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 02, 2014, 10:45:24 am »

So... The only option is to make massive amounts of wealth before the migration waves in order to get as many as possible? Can't you add some massively time consuming and irritating way to get more which uses large amounts of resources?
The first two waves are not affected by your wealth anyway.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 02, 2014, 11:51:12 am »

M'kay. Starting work on the torture raiding framework now. Unfortunately, you'll have to do the fussy 'needs prisoner' part yourself - I'll just add them like items, then you can copypaste the solution in. Note - it is just a framework. Changes, rewrites or fiddling with is encouraged and probably needed.
Octobomb is pretending to be a ghost modder. He enjoys modding, being useful and cats for their lovableness. Beware his abysmal balancing.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #201 on: January 02, 2014, 01:34:48 pm »

Dev Log - Day 2

Today I laid the basics and foundation. I added weapons, armors, clothing, tools and instruments, ammo and trapparts to the entity file. Did a few test runs. More modding on entity file, creature file, reactions, inorganics, buildings, the entire thing.

A lot of time was spent on forum support, fixing a bug in MDF, getting two fixes scripts sent to me (spawnunit and itemsyndrome both had minor issues), and being excited about the progress that is being made on a script for powered workshops.

I ported a few workshop directly from the dwarves, the most basic of reactions. Kiln. Clay Oven. Kitchen, Smelter, Tanner, Still, Soapmaker, Quern, Millstone, Craftsman. I added the Crematory, the Slag  Pit, the brazier, fireplace and candelabra.

I also rewrote parts, made new designs for, and changed balance of reactions for these new workshops:
Scullions Sink. => Cleans jugs, pots, barrels, buckets. Useful if you do a lot of alchemy/chemistry.
Tailor. => Same idea as before, but makes warlock-specific clothing and armor, like robes, hoods and masks.
Basic Workshops. => Stonecutter, Gemcutter, Woodcrafter and Bonecarver got new designs.
Engineers Quarters => All new. See pic below for info. Makes all thing trap/siege related.
Bonemill => Mills all kinds of bony things to flux. Will be expanded upon for alchemy/chemistry system.
Corrupted Forge => Makes Ironbone and Bloodsteel and Dreadnought, which is a new upgrade. Its a metal that gives 50% damage reduction, it slightly better than steel, heavier, and requires bloodsteel and souls to be made. Expensive, but worth it.

I also wrote the manual entries for all of these.

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 2
« Reply #202 on: January 02, 2014, 02:58:11 pm »

Well this adds a reason for my orcs to trade with the warlocks. That Dreadnought stuff sounds just wonderful.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 02, 2014, 03:00:55 pm »

I like the engineers quarters. I'm currently bashing my head on workshop design (your libraries are a miracle of engineering - even on a 3x3 scale it's maddening) so I'll drop that and just get on with it. I'm thinking 3 different torture chambers, one sacrificial altar and one other special thing. Too much?
Sig

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #204 on: January 02, 2014, 08:23:47 pm »

I like the engineers quarters. I'm currently bashing my head on workshop design (your libraries are a miracle of engineering - even on a 3x3 scale it's maddening) so I'll drop that and just get on with it. I'm thinking 3 different torture chambers, one sacrificial altar and one other special thing. Too much?
Do as you see fit. Thats 5 workshops in total? The sacrifical altar I can probably absorb into another building, because some sort of this will exist anyway. And whats the "one other special thing"? :)

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 02, 2014, 08:48:49 pm »

Here are the 7 playable clans from VtM:B

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 02, 2014, 09:18:04 pm »

Do as you see fit. Thats 5 workshops in total? The sacrifical altar I can probably absorb into another building, because some sort of this will exist anyway. And whats the "one other special thing"? :)
That special thing has a couple ideas floating around it at the moment. These include the suitably evil experimentation - prehaps finding new ways to inflict pain and improve themselves, or the much more entertaining humiliation chamber, the idea it's something you place in dining halls and such because it provides long term benefits, like increased skill gain say. 'Tortures' basically involve humiliating the prisoner for the warlock's amusement.
Another issue I've been thinking about is raiding progression - I will probably try and set it up to be as follows:
Start off with kidnapping, basic torture devices and so on. Gain maps and info, do bigger raids, discover new torture devices and methods and so on. So you can't just jump straight to the top. Now, because I am a lendgendary procrastinator with very little knowledge on the technical aspects (how to make sure prisoner is nearby to the device, how to even make them spawn, etc.) who knows how long it'll take. But I'll keep trundling on, and as soon as you reach the point I'm at you're welcome to take over.
Sig

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 03, 2014, 12:10:25 am »

Thanks for the clan info, I totally blanked on putting that up due to other forts I am trying to play through.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #208 on: January 03, 2014, 08:30:02 am »

Clan Brujah
Strengths: Fierce warriors.
Weaknesses: Quick to anger, prone to frenzy.

Clan Gangrel
Strengths: Shapeshifters
Weakneses: ??? => Low Intelligence/Patients

Clan Malkavian
Strengths: Seers and oracles
Weaknesses: Insanity. Varying forms of insanity.

Clan Nosferatu
Strengths: Stealth and espionage
Weaknesses: Hideous, hideous looks.

Clan Toreador
Strengths: Art and socializing
Weaknesses: Obsession with beauty; pretty much subpar with everything else.

Clan Tremere
Strengths: Mastery of blood magic(Thaumatology)
Weaknesses: ??? => Self-Control/Weak Physical Form

Clan Ventrue
Strengths: Mastery of politics
Weaknesses: ??? => Vanity/Hybris

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #209 on: January 03, 2014, 08:54:38 am »

Have you ever considered the possibility of cross-race secret reactions?

That is, a race that is able to make use of a workshop that they cannot build themselves.  Only reclaim forts could use them.  You could simply copy/paste the reactions from one race to another... or even make special reactions that could ONLY be used by a cross-race reclaim.
I can't imagine spending too much time on them, but they could be nice as an easter egg.  I was just thinking that dwarves should probably be able to make some use of all these workshops - even the Corrupted Forge...
And what would Necromancers do if they took over a fortress that had Altars of Armok waiting there?  Would they use them for their own rituals?  Or would they desecrate the altar, bringing curses down upon themselves?
Could be fun.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 110