Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 168298 times)

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 7 - Alpha V0.1 Download
« Reply #285 on: January 08, 2014, 02:56:12 am »

to make them leave: hurt them. Any injury of a trader will lead to them leaving.

About the changes that would have affect crossraces. Why not change the launcher so you can choose which race to play (with a drowdown) Then depending on that choice, certain adjustments could be made. So if you select warlocks you do not only make them palyable (and disable the others) but also disable elven guards.
Problem is, that multiple races reclaims would be impossible that way :(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #286 on: January 08, 2014, 02:57:50 am »

I cant injure people with interactions. Maybe enough bleeding or coughing blood or blisters/pain is enough.

And yes, multiple race worlds should be still possible. Otherwise I would have written 4 different Dwarf Fortress.exe, 4 different sets of raws (lol, for each race), and 4 different embark texts, so your Warlocks dont "Strike the Earth".
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 08, 2014, 03:06:46 am »

Meph, does changing the 'caravan guards' token require a regen of the world? If not then you might be able to set up dfhack or something to change it for you based on the race you embark as.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #288 on: January 08, 2014, 03:25:31 am »

Yes, needs a regen.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 08, 2014, 03:26:04 am »

Damnit.

AshFire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 08, 2014, 07:43:25 am »

Isn't The Darkpact too candy? You can have anything you want just by fair trade with fair demons, no risk at all.
I think there should be at least 10% chance to spawn hostile demon during the process. That represents demons using loopholes in pacts to summon themselves into your tower.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #291 on: January 08, 2014, 07:52:31 am »

Currently it has a fair chance of crashing the game, the ultimate price you pay. :P

But no, in the end it will have a small chance for the wish, a small chance for something bad, and of course a cost to pay in the first place. I just put it in, because I wanted to know if it crashes for other people as well.

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 08, 2014, 10:34:06 am »

Hey, having a little trouble with the mod. Warlocks are not playable civilization for me, and I cannot find masterwork.exe sorry for my ignorance!

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 08, 2014, 10:37:16 am »

Hey, having a little trouble with the mod. Warlocks are not playable civilization for me, and I cannot find masterwork.exe sorry for my ignorance!

I think you just have to start dwarffortress.exe and play.

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 08, 2014, 10:38:02 am »

Well, I found the .exe masterwork file but its like a blank sheet of paper and is asking me to use another program to open it with.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #295 on: January 08, 2014, 11:03:31 am »

Buel: I dont even.... You did download the alpha, unpacked the 7-zip, and then ran the Dwarf Fortress.exe ? Because thats how you do it.

If anyone checks my brower history for today, they will be very confused. Demon summoning and deomonology, as well as how to get visas for ghana and gambia. Apparently its easier to summon satan than getting a visa to Ghana. Anyway, I wanted to base some rituals on real life stuff, but so far its difficult to translate into DF. But I came up with a new building design that I like a lot:

Try reading it backwards. Or upside down. Or both. Its a text-based magic square palindrome, which was used in magic and religion a lot.

Tomorrow I will be going around to some consulates with my new passport I got today, so probably not much time for modding.

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 08, 2014, 11:09:16 am »

Where would the df.exe file be?  and how would I run it? i'm typing it in the search engine and not finding it. Also, yes I did infact dl the warlock tower alpha and all that good stuff and unzipped it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:14:45 am by Buel »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #297 on: January 08, 2014, 11:18:29 am »

Its exactly where it always is, both in the original game and the mod. In the Dwarf Fortress folder. What do you mean "how would I run it?" Its an .exe, a executable, you can double click on it (or press enter) just like any other .exe on your PC. :) Its all preinstalled, there is nothing extra you need to install.

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 08, 2014, 11:26:32 am »

Well see, I did that. I found Masterwork.exe like you told me to do so, I hit enter on it and its asking me to use a file to open it up with.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #299 on: January 08, 2014, 11:27:47 am »

I did not mention any Masterwork.exes. I did say "dwarf fortress.exe".
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 110