Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 166500 times)

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1230 on: February 20, 2014, 11:16:19 am »

What are the requirements for the slade bullet spell? My overlord has a bone staff, but will not ever cast. He just pummels everything to death. Does he require a quiver as well?
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1231 on: February 20, 2014, 11:17:31 am »

It should work instantly, as soon as he equips them, but I think there might be something wrong with itemsyndrome. Putnam has to be the judge of that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: February 20, 2014, 11:29:08 am »

Speaking of stuff not working. I tried loading one of those chem dispenser things with the "Rotting Acid" stuff. Had a Human walk over it, then in the combat log it said that he got hit by 2 of the acid vials, which bruised him a little. Watched him for a while, but no rotting happened. He didnt die, hell, he didnt show any sign of the acid hurting him, other than the bruising from the vials hitting him.

Is rotting acid supposed to be so...lame? I feel like filling a weapon trap with 10 weapons would be infinitely more efficient, and much less hassle considering you need to keep producing acid to refill the traps.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1233 on: February 20, 2014, 11:41:51 am »

The vial itself doesnt do any damage (or only bruises), but there should have been a large cloud of acid. 10 tiles, like a miasma cloud. The vials that hit just add a self-targetted interaction to the target, who then releases this cloud.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: February 20, 2014, 11:46:54 am »

I didnt see any cloud. Maybe because i had the trap in a pit covered by floor hatches the cloud doesnt appear when inside? Ill give it another try when i can. Maybe it was just a dud.

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: February 20, 2014, 02:35:19 pm »

What are the requirements for the slade bullet spell? My overlord has a bone staff, but will not ever cast. He just pummels everything to death. Does he require a quiver as well?

Shots don't appear in the reports unless they hit or atleast close enough to warrant. Similar with range arrows and bolts. I just don't know what governs accuracy here. Is it a skill or a spell setting?
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1236 on: February 20, 2014, 04:10:52 pm »

Its THROWING and another one, but I would have to look it up.  Maybe ranged-combat, or misc object user, not sure.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1237 on: February 20, 2014, 04:31:50 pm »

Its THROWING and another one, but I would have to look it up.  Maybe ranged-combat, or misc object user, not sure.

THROW and RANGED_COMBAT for interaction missile accuracy

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: February 21, 2014, 01:08:39 pm »

The Necromatic Altar. I'm having some trouble with it. I've used it in this fort before to raise a warlock (2 years ago) and bring back some skeletons. All of a sudden its not working. I have two dead warlocks. One, died from going insane. The overlord died from natural causes by an insane skeleton miner. Neither will resurrect. No burrows. Corpses go in a ring shaped pile around the altar.

If I put coffins around the altar, will warlocks resurrect from those? (something I'm considering trying for the next fort)

Ghouls. Thematically, I like the rotting. In practice, I'm in favor of removing it as any ghoul that gets a scratch will end up in the hospital and never ever leave due to the need remove all the rotting flesh. I locked the doors and let them all starve to death, since I couldn't get them to leave, even after removing the hospital and dismantling the tables they were on. He had a broken finger.

Pylons. Once set on fire, they will never stop burning if the damage isn't fatal.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1239 on: February 21, 2014, 01:16:49 pm »

I will have a look at the altar, I got two reports already that they dont always work.

Ghoul rotting can easily be removed, I wasnt aware that they get stuck in hospital because of that.

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: February 21, 2014, 01:47:49 pm »

You mean "Its a feature"?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1241 on: February 21, 2014, 02:00:07 pm »

Totally. Absolutely planned to be a feature, from the very beginning.

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: February 21, 2014, 03:24:06 pm »

This make me laugh. I'm sigging it.

Blazebase

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: February 21, 2014, 04:55:48 pm »

Hey guys, I just noticed something a bit weird about the undead feature in this.

The undead and those who posses the [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] tag are very buggy and twitchy for some apparent reason....

And when I say buggy and twitchy, I mean that these zombies and undead are very selective about who they kill and or attempt to anyways.

I enabled [EXTRAVISION] on my zombies from the level 2 nerco. alter, so they will bumrush some of the living from a long distance, even without direct vision, this is intended.
What is NOT intended is when they are in the middle of chasing down a pack of 10 dingos, they catch about 4 of them, and then just stop.

They just stood there, derping around like they had nothing better to do after slaughtering a small portion of the dingos!
Now I thought this was just an isolated problem due to my tweaking, so i rearranged the raws, removed and added a few tags.... No change.

At this point I was convinced I thoroughly messed up this unit due to my constant editing. I was wrong.

I embarked in an evil region with my warlocks and the first units I see are a pack of living river otters and asp and a pack of wild undead pit vipers.
I said to myself "Oh my, these snakes are going to do my dirty work!" Well that was a quarter of the way true. They brutalized about 3 out of the 4 asp, and then... it happened.

They suddenly didn't want to attack any of the living otters, or kill of that last asp that crossed the river!
To make matters worse, they slithered right past the otters. I mean like they were all in the face, and just kept trucking off.

I fumbled for answers on why this could be happening.... then it dawned on me.
The gnomes were integrated with the patch I had, so I suspected that the gnomes many interactions with the animals may be the cause for this.... problem.
What is one to do?
Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure.  ~Author Unknown

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1244 on: February 21, 2014, 05:09:28 pm »

Several people reported that. I saw it myself in test games. But I have no idea why.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 110