Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 167865 times)

Kiefatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1500 on: April 15, 2014, 08:04:03 pm »

Bah... just lost my latest fort to a bug of some sort, no clue why, but it keeps crashing on me.

I have the save and then I get a forgotten beast, a kobold caravan and then a small invasion in that order. Shortly afterwards, the game crashes.

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: April 16, 2014, 02:46:36 am »

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: April 16, 2014, 08:32:04 am »

The more reports and suggestions I get till then, the more I can do. :)
Ghouls disgusted by miasma/embarassed by being naked and skeletons wearing clothes - that's annoying.

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: April 16, 2014, 09:06:02 am »

Couple of other bits

--

Grind mithril bars reaction bugged ([REACTION:BAR_MAKE_MITHRIL_WARLOCK] reagent should be explicit mithril bar, not bar of mithril reacton class)
Several other of the grind bar reactions are also incorrect (same issue as mithril or just bad bar reagent).

blood wolf children do not grow up (have 5 year old pups)

butchering: Partial skelletons & hands can be butchered, but don't seem to produce anything and are not consumed. This mean they lock up your butchering workshops.

I have large ammounts of gem furniture (partically ruby fireplaces) from the arceologist. A way of breaking they up into rough or cut gems would be useful.

Dungeon cell: Feed prisioners. Will feed them 5 souls as they count as plants!
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1504 on: April 16, 2014, 12:45:26 pm »

the prisoners I will replace with tools (caged prisoner) The current system doesnt work well enough, the interactions are unrelyable.

I cant make ghouls/skeletons think different about clothing than warlocks. Its hardcoded.

drayth: Good bugreports, thanks. The gem furniture is the same in dwarf mode though, they cant break it down either.

Unfortunately I dont know the source of the endless-bodypart-butchering. And I cant fix it if I dont know whats wrong with it. Butchering is hardcoded, there isnt even a reaction I could look at.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: April 16, 2014, 01:21:20 pm »

About bugs, just wanted to point again at Vampires: "Curing" them from vampirism needs first a little update in the raws, and afterwards the new "warlock" or "witch" still is vampire buffed and sucking blood. It seems, that this reaction only changes the caste, not touching the vampirism at all.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1506 on: April 16, 2014, 01:24:04 pm »

I saw the report. If removing BLOODSUCKER isnt enough, I might have to do away with the vampires...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: April 16, 2014, 01:28:14 pm »

Hm... I think I read somewhere that letting vampires drink blood or bloodwine manually doesn't lessen their bloodthirst and they kill sucking blood anyway. Is it possible to code the vampire warlocks like they are only able to drink blood and bloodwine and not water or any other drink but remove this "killing blood thirst"?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1508 on: April 16, 2014, 01:31:47 pm »

SPECIFIC_FOOD exists, but I never tested it on drinks or civ members. Its for pandas and their baamboo grass. Good idea though and worth a try.

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: April 16, 2014, 01:49:22 pm »

Drinking bloodwine manually does seem to work, I've had a pair of vamp for a few years drink via Bloodwinery reaction and for a few years after that just drinking from bloodwine barrels and have not had any unexpected bloodsucker deaths. Tips; Using workflow to keep a good supply of blood/bloodwine helps prevent accidents; Allocating vamps to a squad and producing them some waterskins tocarry around bloodwine in lessens the chance they can't get to a barrel and end up drinking water instead. If you are feeding them manually select the vamp and in dfhack use 'showunitsyndromes selected showeffects' to see how much longer the bloodwine effect will last.

On the vampires->warlock issues, could you give them a Reborn syndrome that is just the opposite of the vampire one (x2 material force multiplier, -100% stats, -NOTIRE etc).
Would mean even if you go vamp->warlock->vamp->warlock etc. the final abilities would be correct. Alternativly if you are adding a means to recuit new warlocks just don't allow a vamp->warlock conversion, once a vamp always a vamp, if the overseer doesn't like it kill them off.

The butchery stuff is a bit of a pain, was wondering if there was a way to have a manual reaction on another workshop that explicitly takes just the dodgy items, and converts to a small stack of bone. Not sure if it is possible to reaction target the bad items though. Othere than that the only workaround i could think of wasa dfhack script that periodically nukes bad items by name matches. (e.g. "* partial skelleton")
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:52:49 pm by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1510 on: April 16, 2014, 02:25:31 pm »

Unfortunately I dont know the source of the endless-bodypart-butchering. And I cant fix it if I dont know whats wrong with it. Butchering is hardcoded, there isnt even a reaction I could look at.

Could it be a side effect of the bonestacks mod?

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: April 16, 2014, 02:37:43 pm »

Aren't kobolds also SPECIFIC_FOOD, as they just can eat meat?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: April 16, 2014, 02:42:38 pm »

Aren't kobolds also SPECIFIC_FOOD, as they just can eat meat?

No, kobolds are BONECARN.

There are carnivore tags that can be used to prevent creatures from eating plants.

SPECIFIC_FOOD is for very specific things, like individual plants or creatures.

Dorenabel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: April 16, 2014, 06:23:09 pm »

The butchery stuff is a bit of a pain, was wondering if there was a way to have a manual reaction on another workshop that explicitly takes just the dodgy items, and converts to a small stack of bone. Not sure if it is possible to reaction target the bad items though. Othere than that the only workaround i could think of wasa dfhack script that periodically nukes bad items by name matches. (e.g. "* partial skelleton")
Not all races have same unbutcherable bodyparts, some have unbutcherable tights but hands butcherable, some have only left hands unbutcherable while everything fine with right etc. Only partial skeletons really same for all.
 I use something like this, it reduce amount of micromanagement almost to zero, but you need to set it up and keep eye because sometimes something goes wrong..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: April 17, 2014, 12:57:10 am »

About the endless butchering, I think it might happen when the corpse in question is a historical figure. I say this because I tend to "farm" restless walkers a lot so I've had a lot of bodies to do butchery science with. The pattern typically goes as such: whenever a walker was killed by a farm-trap, they'd butchered normally and finitely; but if they survived and managed to kill something, I'd usually get them back as a named corpse- and the named corpses always leave a partial skeleton after being butchered, which is then prioritized for infinite butcherings as the closest corpse available.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 110