Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: DayZ Standalone, Alpher is here.  (Read 18081 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
DayZ Standalone, Alpher is here.
« on: December 18, 2013, 06:47:58 am »

The worlds most famous, or infamous, zombie and player killing game is out on steam.

So, if you have played the mod, there are a few things different than before. It looks like there is less loot, less PVP. I have heard many stories about robberies, and very few about being shot. Some of the stuff is kinda derpy, like the zombies are still buggy. It is still set in Chernarus, but now with more buildings, and every single one is open, as in it has rooms. So now, instead of going into the hospital lobby to get medical loot, you have to search hospital rooms. If you want, you can look up more things yourself. I like the new inventory system, and lack of loot. Hopefully they removed snipers from the game, but I don't know yet.

So, anyways, I'm going to pick this up over the winter sale, because rumors have it that it will go down to 10$ then. Anyone interested in teaming up, to survive the virtual apocalypse?

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: DayZ Standalone, Alpher is here.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 06:59:55 am »

I want it fairly badly, but haven't played DayZ as the mod or the standalone yet. I'd have figured they would be a bit further along for how long its taken to get the alpha pushed out... but right now I'm playing Rust and enjoying it for its alpha gloriness.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 08:20:18 am »

I want it fairly badly, but haven't played DayZ as the mod or the standalone yet. I'd have figured they would be a bit further along for how long its taken to get the alpha pushed out... but right now I'm playing Rust and enjoying it for its alpha gloriness.

The mod was brilliant IMO. It probably had more to do with the base game itself, but the mod itself was definitely a fun addition/.

Personally, I intend to wait a while to buy the game. It might be more expensive by the beta or even release, but it'll probably be worth the wait. Let's just home it isn't reminiscent of another similar game that I won't mention.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:04:25 pm »

What game Azated?  Werty, how do you know it's going to dip down to 10 bucks?  If it is I'm totally in to play this.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 01:15:32 pm »

I'm guessing he means..
The WarZ. I think that's it's title, anyway.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 01:17:32 pm »

OH!  Ugh that game is horrible.  I hear they're trying to money grub with a newer version where the zombies are replaced by aliens.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 01:47:26 pm »

OH!  Ugh that game is horrible.  I hear they're trying to money grub with a newer version where the zombies are replaced by aliens.

You can't be serious? Do you have a link?
Feeling down? Click Here!

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 01:53:45 pm »

What game Azated?  Werty, how do you know it's going to dip down to 10 bucks?  If it is I'm totally in to play this.

I just read it on Reddit. So not a very reliable source, so that's why I said rumor.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 02:07:21 pm »

I'm guessing he means..
The WarZ. I think that's it's title, anyway.
What?  How did you make that leap, I don't even...
DayZ was a mod for ARMA 2, which was a great and very detail oriented mixed unit combat sim.

The WarZ was a cash grab by a Russian company by modding their assets for one of their older titles.  They even released screens of WarZ during the high swing of DayZ's popularity and all of them were just screens of posed zombie models and they claimed that WarZ had been in development for a long time before then.

So, DayZ has nothing to do with WarZ.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 02:17:34 pm »

I don't think anyone even said War Z was good.  Azated said that he's hoping it won't turn out that way.

EDIT:  Nether is the game I was thinking of.  I thought the devs were the same but I can't find any info on that.  Just people saying that the (so far) unnamed devs of Nether live in the same city.  There's alot of evidence though showing that the UI and microtransactions of Nether is the same as War Z.

Check this video out to see the similarities:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24CIoELgaIA
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:33:28 pm by Tnx »

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 02:31:57 pm »

You can't be serious? Do you have a link?

I suspect he means Nether, which to my knowledge has nothing to do with the guys who made WarZ.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 03:01:42 pm »

Nether looks hardly anything like War Z  ::)
Feeling down? Click Here!

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 03:07:47 pm »

The 2:00 to 4:00 minute mark is what reminds me most of War Z.  Character slots with time cooldowns on respawns and in game cash shop advantages on top of paying for the game.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 03:25:06 pm »

My girlfriend is buying me this for Christmas. This, and legos.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 07:15:40 pm »

My girlfriend is buying me this for Christmas. This, and legos.
Some things are too good to be true, look out buddy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13