Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: (SG) Adventures of a Drow: Sins of the Daughter - Interest check.  (Read 8332 times)

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2014, 02:03:20 pm »

((No one else wanting to give input? Its more fun if more than one person is commenting.

Update within the next 3 hours. Housework comes first :) ))

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2014, 03:23:47 pm »

Not much to comment on, you know?
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2014, 06:35:40 pm »

((You could maybe give me an idea of what i could improve in my writing. I will always accept input from seasoned forumites with a thank you. It might make the game more attractive, or in fact make future games i make better. Always looking for advice :)

Also, people could give different courses of action. I always try to make it so that there are multiple pathways to a destination.))


You approach the iron wagon, with the intent of helping any way you can. As you come upon the front of the wagon, you call out a greeting.

"Ho there! Do you need......" You stop mid sentence. The leg you saw was in fact severed. 'By the goddess....' You think, shocked. Examining the scene, you see that there is quite a bit of blood. You draw your sword on reflex, looking around trying to see what could have done this.

You notice the blood is still wet, which means it could not have happened long ago. You edge towards the wagon and check inside the covering. More blood and the naked, exposed bodies of a woman and a girl who bears a striking resemblance to her. Mother and daughter.

Your sharp hearing picks up shallow breathing and footsteps obviously of a group trying to be stealthy. Biding your time, pretending you hadn't heard them, you wait until one gets close before you spin round and grab a mucky looking human man with a huge beard by the neck, holding your sword blade to him.

You keep your back to the wagon, making sure noone can stab from from that angle. You take in the scene. There are roughly four armed and dangerous men looking at you. One is a halfling, another a half dwarf judging from his features.

"Stay back or I slit this mans throat." You threaten.

***

What do you do? Cut and run? Stay and fight? Interrogate your hostage bandit? Other?


((Sorry for a short update. Tired. Been a long day.))

Aseaheru

  • Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2014, 09:05:53 pm »

Interrogate. Try to capture the assholes for sentencing in the city.
Logged
Voted SpearBreakers Meatpieologist by Mr Frog
DADeathinacan has Videos
Thanks to Towerdude for the avatar.
An Indeterminate Arms Race, where the players choose to be cults with technological artifacts alone in the world.

Warning, may appear to be angrier than intended

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2014, 06:24:44 pm »

((Update tomorrow after i get back from work. Busy weekend.))

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2014, 06:54:36 pm »

((During this, remember that just because i said you were 'good' aligned (at the moment) doesnt mean you cant be rough or ruthless))

Making sure to man-handle him as much as possible, as a way of getting him off guard, you start your interrogation.

"So, what do we have here? A group of scoundrels picking on innocents?..." You dig your sword in a little further. "With respect to politeness, what is your name?"

"Dont tell her, Pike!" The halfling pipes up.

"AAAH, Pike, is it? Commoners name. Soldiers bastard?" Your hostage grimaces. "Thought so. Now, Pike, would you mind telling me just what you were doing here?"

"Aint telling you nuthin, bitch!" Your hostage spits. You dig your sword in a bit further, just enough for you to feel the blade biting into his neck.

"That wasn't nice" You say, moving slightly in response to the Half Dwarf trying to move into a more advantageous position. Your annoyance shows through, turning what could have been n interrogation into a threatening conversation. "Would you like to know why I am providing you with the courtesy of conversation instead of just cutting you down? I want what is best for you, after all, i am a nice person and i do not like to see people suffering. You can tell me your crimes and i can escort you to the next village as my prisoners, with the possibility of leniency later or a deal, which could save your life....." You smile menacingly. "Or you can refuse my offer and i castrate you and your little friends before slitting your throats." You pause, letting that sink in.

"Any takers?"

The bandits look at one another, then back at you, then back at each other, smiling. 'Don't be stupid....' You think to yourself. They charge you from all sides. 'Now that was stupid....*sigh*'

You only just manage to dodge their attacks. In one smooth motion you did succeed in severing the hostages head with your sword, though. The Halfling attacks your knees and hips viciously. Fortunately your armour takes most of the damage however you do come away with a rather nasty cut to your lower right thigh.

You counter with you sword, pressing him back, only to be attacked from your left by the half dwarf. He was clumsy, however, and came at you flailing, no tact at all. You part his sword arm from his torso, followed by a slash across his exposed back.

No time to rest however as that damn halfling is back on you, his natural agility making him almost impossible to hit, even for your elven reflexes.

Now the two other humans join in, attacking in unison. They are obviously trained. Parrying attacks from three different combatants starts to take its toll on your body and armour. You receive a gash across your body armour, and a deep cut on your left arm.

You respond in kind, breaking one of the humans legs with a well placed kick and cutting off one of the other humans hands. Instead of being knocked out the fight, as you hoped, the one handed man comes at you again.

"Grrr." You growl, your rage getting the better of you. "Die deserters!". You go on the attack, pressing forward. You catch the halfling off guard again, this time you manage to plant a hit on his crotch. His high pitched scream indicates you hit something precious.

He goes down like a sack of spuds, screaming. You shut him up by stamping on his head. Blood slowly pools around where his right ear should be on the ground. He is most likely dead, or dying.

You unleash a flurry of powerful attacks on the one handed man. He parries very well for a human, especially one crippled like he is, but you eventually break his guard and cleave him from shoulder to hip, his body falling to the ground in two parts. You finish up by driving your sword through the face of the last bandit alive, the one with the broken leg.

Surveying your work, you clean your sword and return it to its sheath. Sighing, you walk to the wagon and cover the bodies of the innocents, whilst chanting the Walk of the Dead, a Drow death song. You burn the wagon and pile the bandits bodies next to it. They dont get the right of cremation (an honour for the Drow).

"These bandits were most likely deserters from the city.... how quickly honourable men can become savages...." You muse.

You realise that your wounds are a bit more serious than the adrenaline of battle would have you believe. The cut on your thigh is fairly light, but your left arm is bleeding profusely, and you just realise you didn't grab any medical supplies from the city.

***

What do you do? You have a wound that is bleeding nastily, staining your clothes and traveling cloak. You could carry on, hoping your wound closes on its own and rick infection and blood loss. You could head back to the city, however the delay may mean problems later. Or you could forage for medical herbs in the forest that could help with blood clotting. You already have cloth at hand to make bandages, after all, some of the bandits clothing was actually very clean.....


Injuries:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:58:32 pm by kahn1234 »
Logged

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2014, 04:53:45 pm »

((First call for suggestions))

Dorsidwarf

  • Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2014, 05:13:47 pm »

Bandage wounds, press onwards!
Logged
Quote from: LW
One of these days we will succeed in deporting all Scandinavians back to Somalia
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2014, 05:13:32 pm »

((Sorry, again, long day at work. Too tired to update. Will try and do a nice long one tomorrow.

I've also got to find my dice....

I dropped them and they scattered.)).

Aseaheru

  • Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2014, 06:00:49 pm »

Random.org my good GM, random.org .
Logged
Voted SpearBreakers Meatpieologist by Mr Frog
DADeathinacan has Videos
Thanks to Towerdude for the avatar.
An Indeterminate Arms Race, where the players choose to be cults with technological artifacts alone in the world.

Warning, may appear to be angrier than intended

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2014, 03:57:01 pm »

((Found my dice and i am all powered up! Update sometime later tonight.))

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2014, 07:38:05 pm »

Quickly tearing the cleanest parts of the bandits clothing, you improvise several bandages. You wad up the spare material and secure it against the wound to hopefully soak up blood and put pressure on the wounds so that they close. You make spares, just in case.

Afterwards, you carry on along the road, towards the capital. You travel for many hours, passing through many sleepy hamlets and farming complexes. Nothing interesting happens on your journey through these areas, mainly because you dont see anyone.

As it is getting closer to dusk, you spot a village in the distance. It seems like quite a large village, at least you think so as your memories of places like it are still vague.

You approach. It has a palisade wall and a guarded gate. There is a single, very bored looking guard standing outside.

***

What do you do?

Carry on through? Find an Inn to stay for the night? Look around (after all you never know what you may find....)?

((Sorry for lack of encounters. I use a die as an encounter die, and it didn't come up with anything :( ))
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 07:27:52 am by kahn1234 »
Logged

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2014, 03:55:33 pm »

((First Call for input.


And dont forget, if you think i could improve this in any way, i am open to criticism and advice.))

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2014, 03:17:00 pm »

((Second call for input. If it gets to three, it ends.))

Aseaheru

  • Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2014, 04:48:32 pm »

Grab an inn room.
Logged
Voted SpearBreakers Meatpieologist by Mr Frog
DADeathinacan has Videos
Thanks to Towerdude for the avatar.
An Indeterminate Arms Race, where the players choose to be cults with technological artifacts alone in the world.

Warning, may appear to be angrier than intended
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10