Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: (SG) Adventures of a Drow: Sins of the Daughter - Interest check.  (Read 12544 times)

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Deft Drow
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2013, 07:34:35 pm »

You decide to cripple their movements.

Pulling another arrow, you chant the empowerment for ice. "Sha'lo Hesh!". The arrow glows a deep blue colour. As you release it, it leaves a faint trait of ice as it sails through the air, shattering on the ground around the feet of the bunched together undead.

The ice quickly expands across the ground, eventually encompassing and completely covering most of the remaining enemies, until the only moving hostile left if a single skeleton.

"That went well" you say to yourself.

You shatter the iced enemies with an explosive arrow. You use another to destroy the skeleton remaining.

The sound of battle has now disappeared. You dont really know what that means, however you fear the worst. What you do know, however, is that you are safe, for now at least.

What do you do now?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2013, 07:36:39 pm »

Time to start heading ANYWHERE from here. Those humans are going to be fine. Probably. And if not, they breed like rabbits so there's plenty more where they came from.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2013, 08:03:42 pm »

You think about heading to someplace that is very far away from the big scary necro-monsters.

However, you then realise that you dont actually know, or remember, where you are, exactly. All you know is that you are somewhere in the Yellow Banner Republic, which you remember being on the continent of Feritul. Other than that, nothing.

You try to think of someplace to go, however you realise that the only way you could get to another location is by finding out your current location.

Which would mean going into the city that has just been attacked by an undead horde.

You head slowly back to the road, keeping an eye out for the undead, hellspawn or necromancers. You do not see or sense any nearby. 'Odd...' You absentmindedly think.

As you get onto the road, bow ready, you look both ways. There is nothing on the road, at all. The wagons are gone. As you look towards the city, you see hundreds of bodies. Piles of re-dead undead, hellspawn and even a few of the legendary creatures are lying in pools of their own blood, motionless.

Interspersed there is a carpet of dead humans. You can see city guards, holy warriors, mages and clerics. Even a few non-combatants armed with bows or workshop equipment. You shake your head. "They didn't stand a chance against them" you murmur, mourning the needless loss of innocent life.

You peer further down the road. On the ruins of the walls, there are even more bodies, and you can see that there was heavy fighting in the area immediately behind the walls. Any more, you cannot see. You still cannot feel any necromantic signs or power.

What do you do? Do you approach the city? Do you decide to go around and try and wing it on the road (with no supplies)? or do you try something else?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2013, 08:33:06 pm »

Investigate the town. Keep a clear route with which to flee the town at all times.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2013, 09:20:24 pm »

You decide that entering the town is a sound course of action.

Keeping your bow ready and your wits about you, you walk towards the city. As you walk you try not to step on fallen weapons, armour or bodies as you dont want to make a sound. Springing from one 'clearing' to another, you silently arrive at what is left of the shattered gatehouse.

You pause for a moment, extending your senses, trying to detect any hint of possible hostiles. You think you feel something for a moment, however it disappears quickly.

Re-assured that there does not seem to be a significant threat on the other side of the gatehouse, you carry on, up the rubble and bodies. Finally you emerge at the top.

From your slightly higher point, you can see the extent of the damage in the immediate vicinity. The horde did heavy damage to the city as a whole, but the part you are in seems to have been hit hardest. The streets are littered with more bodies. The entire district looks like something you would find in the underworld.

You progress down the other side carefully, trying not to slip or fall. You cannot see any civilians. You do see a sign hanging from the city side of the gatehouse. Valskara. Memories come back to you. You remember that city is in the Dorvokrad region of the Yellow Banner Republic ((YBR)), close to the coast in roughly the Western Central regions of the YBR. If you could get to the coast, you could possibly get on a ship through the Cadian Archipelago to the Elven lands across the Hawk Ocean. If you headed north, you could make your way to one of the many entrances to the Darklands in the Ramannon Emperium.

You can make your plans later, however. You proceed down what appears to be a main road, with shops, workshops and stalls on both sides. Abandoned carts and wagons littered the wide causeway, crumbled buildings on both sides flanking you, the dead littering the ground at your feet. The scene gives you the chills.

Even amongst all this carnage, you find it strange that there seems to be no activity what so ever in a city of this size. Even using your sharp Drow hearing, the entire city seems to be silent. Even if an undead horde did pass through, you would expect there to be at least some survivors.

"Something isn't right..." You mutter.

"You are most certainly correct" Came another voice, from right behind you.

You spin on your heel, yet even you are not fast enough, as someone wrenches your arm, causing you to drop your bow. Another grabs you from behind and holds a blade to your neck. You look around. Then you see them. A small group of surface elves, accompanied by a mixture of warriors from the city emerge from hiding spots along the road and walk towards you.

The one who spoke is standing much closer. A Faradun (or High) Elf, his Silver eyes fixed firmly on you, seems to be regarding you with a mixture of disdain and curiosity.

"Restrain her, Avilar. We dont want this one to get away like her four brethren and their vile creations" He walks closer and leans in until he is only a few inches away from your face. "You will tell us where you were heading, or things will get very uncomfortable for you, very quickly." You gulp. High Elves are renowned for being calm and collected even in the most extreme of situations. Something terrible must have happened to have riled up this elf so much.

What do you do?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 09:22:05 pm by kahn1234 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2013, 10:01:33 pm »

Tell the truth.

"I don't know where they were going. I was travelling on my own when I came to the city and met them just outside the gates, right before they attacked."

(The truth is implausible, but so is any lie we could tell.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2013, 07:44:47 am »

Tell the truth.

"I don't know where they were going. I was travelling on my own when I came to the city and met them just outside the gates, right before they attacked."

(The truth is implausible, but so is any lie we could tell.)

As they say, the truth will set you free.

As the Drow say, the Truth may set you free, but more than likely get you killed.

You decide to tell the truth anyway.

Looking up at the high elf defiantly, you say in what you hope is a clear voice:

The High Elf turns. "So you were on the same road? Why didn't they kill you? Your equipment looks expensive and powerful, and necromancers are greedy slimes. They would have killed you and then stripped you naked." He says, his voice unnervingly threatening.

Your Answer?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2013, 09:50:03 am »

As the Drow say, the Truth may set you free, but more than likely get you killed.
We're not among drow, now are we? (And it's not like we have any decent lies available.)

Again, the truth. "I don't know. I don't remember much before waking up in the forest."
Again, it's as good as any lie we could tell.
Sig

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2013, 01:31:45 pm »

We're not among drow, now are we? (And it's not like we have any decent lies available.)

Again, the truth. "I don't know. I don't remember much before waking up in the forest."
Again, it's as good as any lie we could tell.

"I dont know! I dont remember much before waking up in the forest!" You say, hoping he will see the truth in your words.

He looks at you suspiciously as he studies your for a few moments.

"Avilar, take her to the Citadel and keep an eye on her until i have finished my search. I will analyse her story later. Mirinth, you go with him. Take the Drow's weapons and keep them somewhere safe." He regards you again. "And make sure to keep her from the survivors of this massacre. We dont want our only possible witness to be pummeled to death by an angry mob."

Without saying another word, he turns on his heels and motions for the rest of his group, plus the city guards, to follow him. You see that all the elves present are in fact High Elves. 'Unusual. High elves rarely leave their homelands, and when they do it is usually in small groups of two or three..... For this many high elves to be present at a relatively unimportant city like this must mean something is afoot. But what? What are they searching for? The Necromancers?" You ponder silently as you are stripped, again, of your weapons and forced through the streets.

As you walk, you see that you were wrong in your first assumption. The area immediately behind the gate was not the worst hit. Far from it. The entire city is one big ruin. It seems there may have been preparations for some sort of festival, and as you enter the city square that precedes the Citadel's causeway, you see a sight you will not forget any time soon.

In the middle of the corpse strewn square, with piles of dead dotted around stands a mountain of dead. As you approach, your guards silently bow their heads. You see the woman who took your weapons seems to be crying. You see why. The huge pile of corpses, at least a dozen metres high, is made up of children.

At the very top, there is a truly horrifying mockery of a tree, made out of mutilated corpses, with severed heads on the end of each 'branch'. A long spear holds the centre piece together, with twisted swords and other weapons making up the centre of the 'branches'. At the very top, impaled on top of the spear head, is a young girl, barely six or seven years old by your reckoning, with her face cut to resemble a twisted smile.

You cant take this anymore. Your knees buckle and you vomit on the ground in front of you.

The one called Avilar just watches you, but the one named Mirinth knees beside you.

"You were not with them, where you?" She asks softly. All you can do is shake your head as you hurl again. Your entire body is shaking. All you can feel is sorrow, disgust and anger. Killing warriors and magic users was one thing. They had a chance to protect themselves, but children? That is something you could never forgive.

"Avilar, untie her hands. I think our friend here needs a good drink and something to eat by the fire, not a cell in the dungeon"

He does as told and you unsteadily get to your feet.

Looking away from the square, you walk as fast as you can towards the Citadel, trying to get as far away as possible. You pass through the ruins of the citadel, passing only a few hundred survivors. Many are just gazing off into their own little worlds. Some are trying to continue their lives, doing simple jobs. Others are tending fires or cooking meals. No one pays attention to your group.

You are guided by Mirinth to an area more isolated than the rest of the refugee camp. Here you recognise high elven worked products. Armour, weapons, tools and camping gear. There is a small fire going in the centre of the room, with another High Elf sat there, stirring something in a pot. Avilar moves to a window and stares out, keeping one eye on you. Mirinth sits down by the fire after putting your weapons near their own, motioning for you to do the same.

You sit, and take the offered cup. You take a sip. Palaveer Tea, strong and tasteful. You smile as it flows down your parched throat.

"So, how about we start from the beginning?" Mirinth says, smiling. "Who are you? Where do you come from?"

What do you do? Answer her questions? Dodge them and ask some of your own? or something else?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:42:27 pm by kahn1234 »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2013, 08:05:51 pm »

((First call for actions))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2013, 10:59:12 pm »

'Unusual. High elves rarely leave their homelands, and when they do it is usually in small groups of two or three..... For this many high elves to be present at a relatively unimportant city like this must mean something is afoot.
In case the giant army of (surprisingly fragile) undead, demons, and monsters didn't clue you off...
Geez, our character's kinda slow.

Answer the questions as best as we can.
Sig

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2013, 02:37:24 pm »

'Unusual. High elves rarely leave their homelands, and when they do it is usually in small groups of two or three..... For this many high elves to be present at a relatively unimportant city like this must mean something is afoot.
In case the giant army of (surprisingly fragile) undead, demons, and monsters didn't clue you off...
Geez, our character's kinda slow.

Answer the questions as best as we can.

((Arin was more commenting on the 'coincidence' of there being a larger than usual group of High Elves in a city at the same time necromancers decided to go full necro and level it using an undead horde. And the undead weren't that weak, they did manage to level a large city and massacre the defenders.))

Taking anther sip of your tea, you ponder how to answer.

"My name is Arin Winterlocks. Other than my name a selection of scattered memories of my past i have no recollection of where i came from, where i was going, where i grew up or whether i have any family or friends that would know. I woke up on the road leading to this city, a bump on my head and my weapons missing." You pause, to take another sip of your tea and think about what you are going to say. "I think i may have been traveling with the necromancers, however i do not think i was on the same side as them. I remember that i am the daughter of a high priestess of Calithari, and they are staunchly opposed to the evil doings of the Evil Ones and the Drow houses who sided with them. I must have been biding my time until i could eliminate them, however they must have found out about me. I do not know why they did not kill me, or take everything i had instead of just my weapons."

You pull your cloak tighter around you and finish your drink. You hope you dont look as vulnerable as you feel and sound. It isnt good to show weakness, especially in this world.

Mirinth had listened intently to your story, seeming to write some of it down. Avilar, stoic as ever, just holds you in his gaze, betraying no emotion.

"Rest here until Valathron returns." Mirinth says, giving you a small smile. "He will be interested in what you have to say. I did not detect any lies or trickery as one from the ranks of the betrayers would have used, which is good." Her smile broadens slightly. "You have convinced me of your innocence, and that will help convince Valathron. He holds my opinion in high regard..." She giggles and winks, taking you by surprise. You have never seen High elves be so open with their emotions. Usually they are similar to Avilar, in varying degrees.

What do you do now? Mirinth, at least, seems like she would be open to a few questions. You could, however, just wait until Valathron returns....

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 24, 2013, 03:01:47 pm »

Ask what the hell happened after the shit happened
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2013, 07:20:26 pm »

((Next update tomorrow night.))

((Its Xmas! Merry Xmas Everybody! Happy New Year!))

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 25, 2013, 08:12:24 pm »

Ask what the hell happened after the shit happened

"Mirinth, if i may ask, just what happened during the fight at the gatehouse and afterwards?" You ask.

Mirinth looks downcast. "It was horrible. Our group, led by Valathron, had only just arrived at the city a few hours before when we felt the mages magics and clerics powers. Then we heard the fighting as we hurried towards the source of the commotion. People were running through the streets away from the Southern entrance to the city and when questioned would just mention the undead rising from the ground, and a terrible Monster was leading an army." She shakes her head.

"The guards put up a good fight and, aided by the holy warriors, and managed to hold the undead back for quite some time, despite the Angel and other abominations being there. The clerics targeted those netherworld abominations however there were just too many for them to handle, especially the Angel of Nekrum. Some of the abominations fell, but the majority broke through, possessing or twisting the clerics to their will on their way, slaughtering citizens when they didn't have anyone to fight." She sips her tea, frowning.

"The mages were the last ones to put up serious resistance. They did tremendous damage and without a doubt inflicted the most casualties to the undead, but by this time the ranks of the horde were being bolstered by the massacred civilians, the dead guards, the slaughtered holy warriors and the possessed clerics. The most they could do was try and hold back the horde as what remained of the guards and holy warriors retreated to a better spot, however as you can see from our walk, even that failed."

She sighs, a tear trickling down her cheek.

"We tried to help all the way. We lost three of our number fighting the undead, another two died when the clerics turned. We were reduced to just under half our strength then the mages fell and the majority of the garrison survivors were massacred in the square. We could only watch the horde go about its terrifying business as we hid with the few survivors we could protect. All those children....crying, and...." She trails off, crying. You seem to feel as if this is the first time you have seen any elf cry, let alone a High Elf, in your entire life.

"Where did the horde eventually go?" You ask quietly.

"The underworld denizens eventually returned to their domains with their new mortal toys. The undead followed the four Necromancers out of the North gate, towards the city of Dorunghabal. It is unlikely news of the events here have reached any other parts of the Republic, let alone the world at large. The city will be a sitting duck unless prepared..." She pauses for a second. "I will need to ask Valathron to send someone to warn them."

You return to silence again, the fire crackling happily in the centre of the room. Avilar dozing by the window, Mirinth lost in thought.

You feel as though you have a pretty good idea of what happened to the city.

Do you have anything else to ask? Valathron may return soon, and question time will most likely end as soon as he walks through the door.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10