Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: (SG) Adventures of a Drow: Sins of the Daughter - Interest check.  (Read 8415 times)

Aseaheru

  • Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #90 on: December 25, 2013, 08:19:13 pm »

What we can do to help spread the world?
Logged
Voted SpearBreakers Meatpieologist by Mr Frog
DADeathinacan has Videos
An Indeterminate Arms Race, where the players choose to be cults with technological artifacts alone in the world.

Warning, may appear to be angrier than intended

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2013, 07:51:00 pm »

What we can do to help spread the world?

"How could i help spread the word of what has happened here? Is there anywhere i can go to get help about this type of thing?" You ask, curious as well as serious.

Mirinth thinks for a moment before answering. "If you think you can move fast enough, you could try reaching the city north before the necromancers get there. You could also try alerting the capital of the Republic by going east. That may lead to a larger or more powerful force heading the necromancers off in their travels north, and it may also aid in the reconstruction here. We need supplies, food and fresh water here."

She smiles. "I didn't think you would volunteer."

You smile.

In the distance, you hear a door open and close, followed by footsteps of several people slowly approaching your room. You have time for one more question, you think, if this is Valathron and the rest of the elves.

What do you ask?

Aseaheru

  • Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2013, 08:04:02 pm »

Well, lets see if we can get gear for the trip, then off to the capital.
Logged
Voted SpearBreakers Meatpieologist by Mr Frog
DADeathinacan has Videos
An Indeterminate Arms Race, where the players choose to be cults with technological artifacts alone in the world.

Warning, may appear to be angrier than intended

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2013, 06:36:26 pm »

((Update tomorrow, family things events got in the way today))

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2013, 05:53:25 pm »

Well, lets see if we can get gear for the trip, then off to the capital.

"Where can i get supplies? I only have my clothes, armour and weapons, nothing else. I dont have any water, food or other travel supplies, which i will need. The capital of this land is far, if i remember correctly." You say to Mirinth.

"Hmmm. There are plenty of abandoned carts in the streets where you could get food and supplies from. Try the market district. I doubt anyone would care if you requisitioned what you needed from there. Water will be more problematic. The few wells that weren't sullied by the horde or filled with corpses are ruthlessly guarded. As a Drow, with no gold or other goods to trade for water, you will have a tough time." She thinks for a second. "There is a well in the 'Nolver district' of the city that is in the hands of an upstart gang who took advantage of the situation to become a major power player. You wouldn't have any diplomatic route to getting water, though. It would be fighting all the way as they are highly xenophobic. You could try going to one of the closer wells, but getting water would take a skilled silver tongue."

You take that in, as the door to the area you are resting in opens, followed by a group of four high elves, led by Valathor. As soon as he sees you sitting free by the fire, he frowns. "Mirinth, what is the Drow doing sitting by the fire unrestrained?"

"Valathor, please, listen to her side of things. I do not believe she was with the necromancers. Her reaction to their carnage proves as much and during her telling of the events that led her here, i did not detect any lies or deceit. Please, listen to her, and if not her then me!" Mirinth pleads on your behalf.

Valathron holds your gaze for a few minutes before nodding. "Very Well" He says, taking a seat on a damaged chair. "Tell me."

You tell him what you told Mirinth earlier. He seems skeptical, but your passionate and truthful telling seems to win him over. You can tell he does not trust you, but you are thankful he is giving you the benefit of the doubt.

"What do you plan to do now, Arin?" He asks.

"I was planning on trying to alert the Republic of the dangers threatening their provinces, and to try and get help for this stricken city." You say, truthfully.

He smiles. "Good. Take this." He hands you his ring, before grabbing a small piece of paper and preparing to write using a high elven writing implement. "Give a Republican Official that ring and this letter. It will prove you are telling the truth and will most likely help you in your endeavour. Do not lose them. The chances of the Republicans believing you, especially a young Drow maiden like yourself, is small without my word backing you." He says, handing you the now finished letter in a makeshift envelope.

You nod and smile. "Thank you. I will try my best to not let you down."

"Do not betray us, Arin." You do not fail to pick up on the unspoken threat in his voice.

You return his gaze and nod in acceptance.

Grabbing your weapons and thanking Mirinth for the tea, you head out of the ruined building the High Elves are using as a refuge.

***

What do you do now? According to Mirinth, getting food and travel supplies shouldn't be that hard. A bit of looting...no, 'requisitioning' of the abandoned shops and wagons in the market district should be easy enough. But what to do about water? Do you go to a near well and try to talk them into giving you water? or do you fight your way to the well in the Nolver district and take what you want through force of arms?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 06:10:13 pm by kahn1234 »
Logged

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2013, 07:52:55 pm »

Whatever happened to the streams and such from outside town?
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

  • Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2013, 09:11:43 pm »

Who knows. Anyways, to market district.
Logged
Voted SpearBreakers Meatpieologist by Mr Frog
DADeathinacan has Videos
An Indeterminate Arms Race, where the players choose to be cults with technological artifacts alone in the world.

Warning, may appear to be angrier than intended

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2013, 11:34:25 am »

Whatever happened to the streams and such from outside town?

((You could go stream hunting. As far as i can see, i never mentioned any major waterways, but stream hunting is always an option.

Remember, i am not giving you ALL the options. I would like my readers/contributors etc to think up their own ways of doing things.

There are some ground rules (which can be worn away slowly through repeated breaking/bending of them), but the character can do whatever you want her to if you think it is easier/better.))
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 11:37:25 am by kahn1234 »
Logged

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2013, 12:26:37 pm »

Seems odd that the elf didn't think of that, but eh.

Look for...requisitionable goods.
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2013, 06:49:34 pm »

((Update tomorrow. Have writing block today, and a bit of a headache. Sorry))

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2013, 08:45:22 pm »

You walk to the market district, which takes you some time. You see the High Elf Mirinth was not lying, wagons, carts and stalls fill the huge section of the city, piled high with goods. It was obviously a very wealthy part of the city before it got mostly annihilated.

Searching through several carts, you slowly but surely find the tools and goods you'd need for traveling on the road.

You rummage around in what seems to have been a convoy of ilitary supply wagons. In them, you find a nice, sturdy, tough tent and survival equipment, tucked away and brand new. You can even see that the makers marks are crystal clear. 'Lucky find' You think to yourself.

You raid several abandoned butchers, general stores and grocers, finding an interesting assortment of dried and salted meats, smoked fish and pickled vegetables. You could have yourself a very nice feast each night on the road with the amount you found. 'Better keep them safe on the road. Don't want any bears coming along and taking it all....'.

Afterwards, you examine a few wrecked tailors. You find many new, sturdy traveling clothes and a nice, new cloak, which you pack away in your new bag, which seems to be bigger on the inside than on the outside. You also find several new large water skins hanging up on racks. Thinking having several as opposed to just one would be useful, you grab three more.

You find several other pieces of equipment that would help, and pack them away. Most of your new acquisitions already fit in the pouches on your clothing and armour. You shoulder your new pack that whilst large would not hinder your movements in a fight. It is filled with your new stuff, but still does not hinder you. 'Perfect' You smile.

It took you longer than you'd have thought, with the goods you needed being rather spread out. In fact, it seems to have taken you all night as you can see the first rays of the sun tickling the sky. Strangely enough, you dont feel tired in any way, and you sated your hunger on food you could not take with you in the shops.

Your 'shopping' now done, you turn your mind to the problem of water. As far as you can see, you have four options. Either you can leave and hope to find wild water sources in the wilderness between cities, hope to get to a village before you get too thirsty, fill up your water skins in the city by fighting through the gang or finally hope to talk your way into getting water in the less dangerous parts of the city.

Which option do you take? or can you think of something else?

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2013, 10:27:45 pm »

Let's look for a stream in the wilderness. Unless we're in a small patch of forest in a desert or the undead army drank all the streams, there are going to be streams, springs, and such--and animal trails leading to them.
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2014, 06:18:43 pm »

((Sorry, no update today. Still feeling crap from new years eve. Update tomorrow (when i get back from work))

kahn1234

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2014, 12:49:44 pm »

Let's look for a stream in the wilderness. Unless we're in a small patch of forest in a desert or the undead army drank all the streams, there are going to be streams, springs, and such--and animal trails leading to them.

Checking you have everything, especially the note and ring Valathron gave you, you set off on your journey through what was left of the Eastern gatehouse, heading out into the wilderness. A long road stretches out before you, forest on either side, although somewhat sparser than on the other side of the city. You think about getting water from the city, however after weighing up your options, you decide that it would be easier to forage for a source out in the wilderness. You start walking at a brisk pace.

After walking for what seems to be an hour or so, you decide to scout for water. Turning off of the road, you walk into the forest, using your sharp hearing and sense of smell to check for signs of flowing liquid. You weave through trees and bushes, searching. You eventually have the luck to come across a clean looking beck flowing merrily along the forest floor. Smiling, you fill all four of your water-skins and make your way back to the road. All in all, the little escapade was uneventful.

You continue on your way, occasionally taking sips from your first water-skin. The sun is high in the sky when you come across an interesting scene. There is a strange iron wagon by the side of the road missing one of its wheels. It is jacked up using some sort of device that you do not recognise. It is fully covered. You think you can see someone standing at the front, although you only see their foot and lower leg.

As you approach, you start to feel uneasy. Something is not right, but you cannot tell just what it is. No one is moving. Your left hand moves subconsciously to the pommel of your longsword as you draw nearer.

***

What do you do? Do you circumvent it? Go and see what the problem is? See if you can help? Try to allay that strange feeling? Something else?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:52:42 pm by kahn1234 »
Logged

Aseaheru

  • Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of a Drow (And a cliche dodging GM)
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2014, 01:45:11 pm »

Try to help!
Logged
Voted SpearBreakers Meatpieologist by Mr Frog
DADeathinacan has Videos
An Indeterminate Arms Race, where the players choose to be cults with technological artifacts alone in the world.

Warning, may appear to be angrier than intended
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10