Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: (SG) Adventures of a Drow: Sins of the Daughter - Interest check.  (Read 12356 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Adventures of an Amnesiac Drow
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2013, 06:12:21 pm »

((I will give you this little tid-bit of information. There are many reasons the Drow magic users took Arins weapons. There are three main reasons, though. The first being practical. She cannot harm them easily without her weapons, and they expected to be far away from her by the time she woke up. As you saw with the bear incident, she cannot protect herself easily against the thousands of possible ways to die in the wilderness in this world and the alst reason is it is a great dishonour for a Calithari Huntress to lose her weapons to her enemy. If it turns out she lost her weapons in a particularly pathetic way, she would be exiled.
So they wanted her dead, or at least gone, but they couldn't kill her. Hm...

((Even if it also binds the soul to the corpse, all that means it's a practical (And economical!) means of capital punishment if you animate the corpse (Can't see a way of making a ghost artificially, and having it actually be servile at the same time. Thus, they'd generally appear in ancestor-worship areas rather then conventional necromancy.
What if necromancy requires a bargain with some other power? That makes sense. The King of the Underworld isn't going to let his serfs out for free, you know.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2013, 06:20:32 pm »

((You'd probably start looking a little dead in that case though GWG :P))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2013, 06:21:12 pm »

So they wanted her dead, or at least gone, but they couldn't kill her. Hm...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2013, 06:48:38 pm »

You turn on your heel, planning on leading them away from the Guards.

'Five powerful magic users with unknown limits and five trainees. They'd make mince meat of those guards before the cities Mage guild and Cleric order managed to make it here. I need to.....' Your train of thought was cut off as you are hit in the stomach by an invisibly hand with incredible force. It doubles you over, causing you to drop your bow.

You are still gasping for breath as you are snatched through the air backwards towards to Drow magic users.

You land, surprisingly unhurt, in front of the one who was arguing with the guard. The magic user smiles a wicked, chilling smile, before holding out his hand above you. You pivot upwards, your neck fitting right into his grasp. He lifts you up with his left hand.

"You have ruined our plans yet again, you interfering woman. Now we are going to have to make a mess." He chuckles.

"I demand to know what in the name of the seven gods is happening!" Shouts the guard captain.

"Silence, ape" The magic user, who seems to be the leader, says as he flicks his right hand, sending the Captian flying backwards, straight onto a spike that emerged from the ground a dozen feet away.

This catapults the rest of the guard into action. One man, a sentry, who was up until then stood outside the gate, ran inside. Moments later, the sound of great bells sounded. Barely moments later the bolt launchers and other fortifications on the city walls sprang into action, taking a trainee Drow completely by surprise. He was killed instantly by a bolt to the head.

Two more trainees, who had stupidly moved towards the guards, were cut down before they could cast their spells. A fourth trainee was unlucky enough to take a bolt that had been deflected by a shield spell the more advanced trainee had cast to protect the five Drow in decorated robes. He ended up pinned to a tree by his crotch, upside down.

As the guards charged and the fortifications fired, there was a great shock wave of magical power. 'Must be the cities Mage guild preparing for a fight' you deduce. That was shortly followed by another shock wave, that carried a chant with it; "MOH HON REEEEHN!" '...And there are the clerics'.

What surprised Arin was the pervading sense of calm the 6 remaining necromancers displayed. Three were even smiling. It was unsettling. To you, it feels like they are anticipating a good fight, when in fact they should be anticipating their annihilation.

The lead magic user turned again to you. "You and your traitorous brethren will soon feel our full might" He snarls "You have ruined our plans once too often. YOU all should have joined us when you had the chance! We should have dealt with you properly, instead of deferring to the scheming fools plan!"

Back in a tough spot.

What will you do to get out of this problem?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 06:53:06 pm by kahn1234 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2013, 07:14:00 pm »

Politely smile, and point behind them. Also point out the fact that in order to survive, they're going to either want to start running, or start preparing their teleportation spells. Both of which will take time they won't have if they try to kill you.

((AKA Activate just-as-planned mode. Considering they haven't even moved from the walls, and pissed off an entire guild of mages. And a temple full of clerics. They're as good as dead :P

Though next time, THIS is why we be subtle :| ))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2013, 07:27:18 pm »

((I'm confused are we a cleric? Paliden maybe? What are we?))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2013, 07:33:29 pm »

((Matters not in life-or-death situation :P ))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2013, 08:09:33 pm »

((Yes it does. Your class determines what you can do especially in a combat situation.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2013, 08:14:33 pm »

((Let's see, we're currently being held, via magic, in midair. NOT much we could do regardless of class :P ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2013, 08:38:44 pm »

((I'm confused are we a cleric? Paliden maybe? What are we?))
We should get right to it...when we're not being force-choked!

Politely smile, and point behind them. Also point out the fact that in order to survive, they're going to either want to start running, or start preparing their teleportation spells. Both of which will take time they won't have if they try to kill you.

((AKA Activate just-as-planned mode. Considering they haven't even moved from the walls, and pissed off an entire guild of mages. And a temple full of clerics. They're as good as dead :P

Though next time, THIS is why we be subtle :| ))
+1

If we can't do that...

"Why kill me now? Why didn't you do it earlier, when you stole my weapons? You could have slit my throat and be done with me if you really wanted me dead."
Sig

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2013, 05:32:15 am »

((Sorry if i wasn't clear. You aren't floating, you are being physically held up in one arm by the Necromancer. Yes, that does mean he is lifting a fully grown Drow woman in armour up with one arm. No, i never said they were weak, squishy wizards. Yes, i do remember saying they had far more magic at their disposal than just necromancy.

Also, reread the part where they react to the Mages and clerics 'activating' themselves. The Necromancers are not worried. You should be worried that they aren't worried.

Lastly, you are a Calithari Huntress, which usually means some sort of ranger/rogue combination in D&D, to translate it over. This is also hinted at by your weaponry. A bow, dual long knives (essentially large daggers) and a hand-and-a-half longsword.

Although, ultimately there are no real defined 'classes' as such. Arin does know some of the more basic spells as well as various cantrips for everyday use (such as when bathing/washing or cleaning/maintaining her weapons). That's sort of what i was going for. Unpredictability. You cannot ignore any enemies as you dont know just what their abilities are.

You can guess, but unless it is something you have faced extensively before, dont expect to know all its tricks.

By the way, when i built this universe, i tried to move away from the cliches established by 40 years of Forgotten Realms D&D, even though it does draw heavily from that universe. Never assume you know the way any possible enemies will react. Always prepare for the unexpected.)).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 05:44:33 am by kahn1234 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2013, 07:16:40 am »

((Either way, we aren't going anywhere in a hurry. And why would we worry about this lot having far more bravado than common sense? :P ))

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2013, 07:54:55 am »

((You could try to use some of that Drow agility to get out of his hold..... and you do have a pair of long knives which you can get to. After all, your arms are not restrained.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2013, 07:59:48 am »

((Oh, THAT bit of info would've been nice earlier :P ))

While distracting the wizards, attempt to sneakily throw a knife or two into the neck of the one currently holding us. Or just stab/slash his wrist. Either way works.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2013, 08:20:37 am »

((Oh, THAT bit of info would've been nice earlier :P ))

While distracting the wizards, attempt to sneakily throw a knife or two into the neck of the one currently holding us. Or just stab/slash his wrist. Either way works.

((Ahem.....

A quote from above:

"This is also hinted at by your weaponry. A bow, dual long knives (essentially large daggers) and a hand-and-a-half longsword."

I also never said anything about him restraining your extremities.

There will be an update soon.))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10