Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32

Author Topic: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]  (Read 71321 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem [0/12] [BYOR Kingmaker from Web and Vector]
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 02:44:04 pm »

What's the difference between the herald and role? Am I supposed to send webadict a character bio? Is the "meaning" of my herald supposed to be symbolic (e.g. love)?
The herald is equivalent to the flag of your character. You send what you want. If you want a meaning, go ahead. If you want red racing flames, go ahead. Assuming it's "culturally relevant" enough.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 03:31:58 pm »

As this is a BYOR, you will be asked to PM a coat of arms to Webadict, Solifuge, and myself (Vector), from which your role will be constructed.  This consists of colors and symbols that would appear as part of your role's family heraldry (see here for more information than you could possibly want), from which Webadict will create your actions.  You don't need to make a picture--words are fine.
Aww sweet, can I-

2. I am pretty flexible, but if it flat-out does not fit the tone (example: spacecraft), I will make it fit the tone (myth-and-legendish early 1500s Denmark with a thing for Shakespeare); 3. The themes of this game are Faith, Fate, and Governance;
Oh.  Nevermind.  :(
Psssst... Be clever about it. ;)
Faith ... so would a priest and a couple of altar boys fly?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 04:11:40 pm »

Posting to watch. I like this concept a lot, and I expect great things after the last game!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 04:55:22 pm »

Watching for now because I am lame and don't have the patience for more than one mafia game at a time.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2013, 04:57:04 pm »

IN. Not sure how good I'll be at this though. When do I send in the coat of arms?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 04:58:51 pm »

I'll be IN for REPLACEMENT.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 05:10:36 pm »

As this is a BYOR, you will be asked to PM a coat of arms to Webadict, Solifuge, and myself (Vector), from which your role will be constructed.  This consists of colors and symbols that would appear as part of your role's family heraldry (see here for more information than you could possibly want), from which Webadict will create your actions.  You don't need to make a picture--words are fine.
Aww sweet, can I-

2. I am pretty flexible, but if it flat-out does not fit the tone (example: spacecraft), I will make it fit the tone (myth-and-legendish early 1500s Denmark with a thing for Shakespeare); 3. The themes of this game are Faith, Fate, and Governance;
Psssst... Be clever about it. ;)
Faith ... so would a priest and a couple of altar boys fly?
Now you're thinking with pastors!

EDIT: Also, just remember that Vector can and WILL make adjustments to things. So, if you want to play dressdown with a bunch of little kids in your story, she'll make you pay for it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 05:20:36 pm by webadict »

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 05:17:43 pm »

out
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 05:21:45 pm »

out
:(

IN. Not sure how good I'll be at this though. When do I send in the coat of arms?
Whenever you want. Just send the coat of arms to Vector, me, and Solifuge.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 06:32:38 pm »

In. Coat of arms are so cool.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2013, 06:44:41 pm »

This looks really cool. I'm not sure if I'm ready for another mafia game, but this is certainly making me think about it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2013, 09:49:56 pm »

To the replacement queue for me.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2013, 09:59:23 pm »

IN.

I can handle starting another big one as one winds down.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2013, 11:25:45 pm »

I don't think they'll take "The winner of Iron Diadem" as your coat of arms.

Posting to watch. I like this concept a lot, and I expect great things after the last game!

Watching for now because I am lame and don't have the patience for more than one mafia game at a time.

This looks really cool. I'm not sure if I'm ready for another mafia game, but this is certainly making me think about it.

out

:<

Hope you guys consider joining... I'd love to have you.

"Faith, Fate, and Governance" doesn't mean that you have to make your role carry that theme.  It just means that that's what I'll be talking about, and what the underlying pieces of the game will be structured to bring out.

EDIT: Also, just remember that Vector can and WILL make adjustments to things. So, if you want to play dressdown with a bunch of little kids in your story, she'll make you pay for it.

Also, this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem [3-5/12] [BYOR Kingmaker from Web and Vector]
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2013, 12:05:43 am »

I don't think they'll take "The winner of Iron Diadem" as your coat of arms.

out

:<

Hope you guys consider joining... I'd love to have you.
I second this notion. This more looks like a congregation of veterans and regulars alike.

To the replacement queue for me.
:O
You're back! :))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32