Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32

Author Topic: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]  (Read 71313 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem [12/12]
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2014, 08:08:32 pm »

O_O
o_o
._.

dem sigils. So awesome. My eyes just squee'd. >_<

I like my name. x3
...I wonder if people weren't known-what'd that entail? *looks at Webadict*

Fortinbras, King of Norway
Eep. :x
Why am I being looked at? Stop looking at me!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2014, 11:27:25 pm »

Now to figure out what everybody submitted to get their heralds.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2014, 11:37:11 pm »

I submitted an emblazon. *nods*
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2014, 11:38:28 pm »

I submitted a penguin.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2014, 11:38:44 pm »

I submitted an emblazon. *nods*
^ +1

Also Vector needs hugs. So *more hugs*

Edit: Alsoalso I believe Solifuge improved it by 120%, whereas mine started at 20% :D
Nice one soli!

Note ahead: I may be sorta linking musical notes in-game. >_>
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 12:39:51 am by Tiruin »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2014, 12:28:28 am »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2014, 01:33:42 am »

加油 Vector。 :)
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2014, 01:40:50 am »

In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2014, 02:24:08 am »

I think I can guess who the Kingmaker will be.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2014, 02:29:09 am »

I think I know who likes Battletech. :P
I like the remake of mine quite a bit. Props to you guys!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2014, 02:33:46 am »

Either ZU's telling to add oil to Vector or telling her to keep it up.

Yeah I'm too lazy (and tired) to translate it. Non-literally.

...I never learned mandarin enough. >_<
He's actually saying work harder Vector, but is being silly-funny because of the smiley and no you can't read this! :D
Or, seriously saying 'keep it up' at her.
Yeah. Mandarin. :X

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2014, 02:40:44 am »

Please excuse me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, apparently I was wrong.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2014, 03:44:04 am »

Note ahead: I may be sorta linking musical notes in-game. >_>

Hm :?

Just three more, you guys.  I think I'm finally getting my second wind.  Shouldn't be long now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2014, 06:57:21 am »

Those are majorly awesome images, Solifuge. Looking up my character name, part of it translates into something which is really damn awesome, so that's exciting.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 06:59:28 am by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Iron Diadem, Night Zero: Council of Thirteen
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2014, 07:16:56 am »

The twelve sat at the long table that had been left for them by the Queen, shuffling through sundry documents that had been brought to them and, occasionally, reaching for some sweetmeat or another.  At the head of the table the throne stood empty, if not dusty, and in its polished seat rested a circlet wrought in iron.  What they remembered of her in that moment, perhaps, was the first day they met as a council.  She had said: "Between us I will tell you this: this crown is heavy--too heavy, almost, to wear.  You might think it a reminder to myself of the weight of my rule, but it is not.  It is a symbol to remind the people that I know this.  As for me, I could not forget."

This is why she was Queen.

As for the twelve who remained, they sat at the table with aching backs, uncertain of their talents and only pretending to read the vast quantity of legal documents which all of them had to commit to their memories.  Their eyes burned in the smoking candlelight, and though most of them had adored the Queen, without her presence they could no longer feel the mass of the country in the room.  Thousands of hungry mouths to feed, Norway in the North, the elaborate state funeral to pay for, the autumn closing and winter colding the land, the assassination to investigate, her old things still in her room, her sayings, her wishes, her memory...

She would have made a speech, rallied them, spun them into a mass until they could, to a person, feel a plaintiff's bitter urgency as though it were their own.  But they were not one--they were twelve, and without her queer shyness that so often gave way to fervent words, flashing eyes, an iron solidity they were, for a time, lost.

Tomorrow, as she had decreed, one of them would be made sole ruler of all Denmark.  The other eleven would form their council for that day.  And it made a certain sort of satisfying sense--it was sure to keep the country together--well, it was comfortable, at least.  There would be executions until the traitors were found.  The council would advise and bicker while allowing responsibility to fall to the regent.  But for this evening, they were equal and uncomfortable.  A young manservant, clad in black, bore the brunt of their discomfort as they sent him, again and again, to the kitchen for dessert and meat and wine.  They wondered, on occasion, what he thought of them.  He had known Prince Sigfred and their queen both, and would observe the council's rule.  So they sent him away as frequently as they could, and he returned, time and time again, with an obedient smile on his youthful face and whatever they had requested.

In truth, the young man was distracted by something he occasionally saw out of the corner of his eye--a tall veiled woman, all in gray, who upon further investigation never seemed to be there.  He, largely innocent and entirely unlettered, lived in awe of these twelve with their brightly colored clothing and sharp, wolfish eyes--he would have asked them if they saw her, too, but had too much respect for their paper-shuffling to do so.

So he, too, ignored his born duties and did what came naturally that evening, as the candles guttered and all assembled burned time.  Tomorrow there would be a regent once more--but for now it was the Queen's death who still held dominion.

During Night Zero the Kingmaker will choose the next Regent.  All parties may send in flavor actions in bold, but your role powers may not yet be employed.  Anyone with a chat may use it.

Also: Please note that some of you have more or less story than others.  The best way to get more, if you want it, is to develop your character throughout the game so that I've got more to work with!  Also for me to have more sleep.  Rest assured that I have lots of things planned for all of you, more than is readily apparent.  Have a ball.  This is just the beginning...

Night Zero will last until 7:00 PM on Monday January 27th, (-8GMT).

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 32