Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32

Author Topic: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]  (Read 72303 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem, Day One: Rex Danorum
« Reply #285 on: February 01, 2014, 07:55:33 pm »

PFP didn't read up; reacting to most recene posts

Cheetar: Why do you seem worried about third parties? Why are you asking RVS questions so late into the day?

Because I'm not sure if I've found any scum, but I am sure that I've found a third party, and I'd like to know if people would like the third party lynched or somebody who I'm not sure of the identity of.
Really? Explain?
Why do you propose the second orange part in conclusion with the first without explaining it?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 01, 2014, 08:09:31 pm »

Alright. Caz twigged as soon as SBC mentioned that he was a witch, and has been fairly aggressive over that (while still claiming to not actually be being aggressive but simply roleplaying). He also stated that he'd only want the assassins to be focused on, and third parties to be mostly ignored in favour of going for scum. The issues he's taken with the way SBC is acting do seem to be mostly related to SBC being new to Mafia. In addition to this, his publicly available flavour (and here is where Jim is likely to yell at me) listed him as belonging to a royal house which focuses on hunting witches- he was initially reluctant to reveal any information about his character or house.

So, I think Caz is a lyncher. The question is if he would be at all harmful as a lyncher if he's not selected as King, now that people know his ulterior motive.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 01, 2014, 08:23:55 pm »

?! Lyncher?

I've to point out that Caz reacted...somewhat IC-ly (detected in how you read his wording) towards Imp, though. His 'aggression' towards SBC stems purely on him calling him out as 'Witch'; check his response to Jim Groovester when he backs out from the IC note.

I think Caz is just tired but is posting to  show his intent-though even if not direct. Given how he said (by memory/paraphrased) he'll get back into the game tomorrow-ish.

In addition to this, his publicly available flavour (and here is where Jim is likely to yell at me) listed him as belonging to a royal house which focuses on hunting witches- he was initially reluctant to reveal any information about his character or house.

So, I think Caz is a lyncher.
What did I say on connecting flavor to the role.  ::)
For example: I claimed border knight-that's gotta mean some kind of doctor/guardian. I'm neither a doctor nor a guardian.
See the logic?

Now back to my query:
Note on flavor points. It's too..vague to hold some kind of linking logic or conclusion behind it.

Why do I feel like you're basing much more on flavor to make a decision?
How will you choose who to execute if everyone plays 'correct', to use the conventional term?

I can't spot your answer to this question from Tiruin, or any follow up from her asking more about it.  Oversight?  Answer forthcoming?

Why are you following up Tiruin's questions for her?
I seriously thought all my questions were answered and thanks Imp!
Meaning: I don't mind that she did so. Really.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 01, 2014, 08:25:00 pm »

What part of me saying that you're not scumhunting gives you the idea that I'm talking about flavor?

Because you aren't scumhunting, or if you are, you are scumhunting off of flavor.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 01, 2014, 08:30:17 pm »

?! Lyncher?

I've to point out that Caz reacted...somewhat IC-ly (detected in how you read his wording) towards Imp, though. His 'aggression' towards SBC stems purely on him calling him out as 'Witch'; check his response to Jim Groovester when he backs out from the IC note.

I think Caz is just tired but is posting to  show his intent-though even if not direct. Given how he said (by memory/paraphrased) he'll get back into the game tomorrow-ish.

In addition to this, his publicly available flavour (and here is where Jim is likely to yell at me) listed him as belonging to a royal house which focuses on hunting witches- he was initially reluctant to reveal any information about his character or house.

So, I think Caz is a lyncher.
What did I say on connecting flavor to the role.  ::)
For example: I claimed border knight-that's gotta mean some kind of doctor/guardian. I'm neither a doctor nor a guardian.
See the logic?

Caz was hesitant about revealing his flavour. If his flavour weren't relevant, you'd think that he'd have no problem talking about it. He, however, did.

Now back to my query:
Note on flavor points. It's too..vague to hold some kind of linking logic or conclusion behind it.

Why do I feel like you're basing much more on flavor to make a decision?
How will you choose who to execute if everyone plays 'correct', to use the conventional term?

I'm not going to use flavour to decide who to execute- it was a neat little thing that made me even more suspicious of Caz, but in general I'll go for whoever's acting the most scummy- low content, poor reasoning, stuff like that.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 01, 2014, 08:34:49 pm »

What part of me saying that you're not scumhunting gives you the idea that I'm talking about flavor?

Because you aren't scumhunting, or if you are, you are scumhunting off of flavor.

I'm not sure he is.
Spoiler: For example (click to show/hide)

The two main points I see against you from Jim are not really related to the flavour you've claimed- instead, they're about how you've done no scumhunting this game, and that you were very reluctant to claim your flavour and it may be related to how the last time you claimed anything you got lynched.
I've played some mafia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 01, 2014, 08:38:08 pm »

...So how do you discern that from a newbie-tell?

Caz was hesitant about revealing his flavour. If his flavour weren't relevant, you'd think that he'd have no problem talking about it. He, however, did.
Before I remark on this...I forward the same interest onto you, Caz. Why is withholding being vampire killers something of secrecy? (I mean, compared to my reason for withholding mine [really, for brevity and conciseness-I doubt anyone would love to hear the many journeys and adventures of Giovanna as she slew the knight of the hinterlands with wooden weaponry, and met the Captain of the Guard who was part of the Queensguard along the way..])

Though I wonder if you got it from brevity or lacking details. Is it interesting to you?

SBC: So...could you detail why you're engrossed by Cheeetar's flavor-request and lack any questions towards anyone else?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 01, 2014, 08:48:08 pm »

I don't want to sound like a jerk- I haven't played with either SBC or Caz before, and my opinion is fairly worthless. It's just that Caz doesn't seem like he doesn't know how to play the game, and SBC does seem less experienced. It doesn't mean I think either are better or worse players.

When he mentioned his flavour, he simply said 'I served the Queen and will continue to do this thing', without any further explanation when prompted. It was only later, after he had made several other posts, that he presented a carefully manicured post in response to the topic that carefully managed to avoid mentioning that the supposed main purpose of his house was now hunting witches.
I've played some mafia.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 01, 2014, 09:53:20 pm »

So, I think Caz is a lyncher. The question is if he would be at all harmful as a lyncher if he's not selected as King, now that people know his ulterior motive.

Ah, nope. It's a good idea, but the flavour and roles being separate in the game is confusing matters I think. In RP terms we should kill all witches, but that doesn't mean that SBC is an evil Queen-killing witch or that my goal is to lynch witches (it isn't). Kinda annoying. I love the flavour of this game but it's pretty obvious that RPing is really making the scumhunting more difficult. Maybe I'll put my RP postings in a different colour or something.

I think Caz is just tired

I'm always tired. D: I made my last posts at some sort of early time so they probably don't make sense but idgaf at this point now I'm posting at 2am and it's even worse oh well.

Also rp... couldn't be bothered typing a post. I r so lazy lynch me. (no no no bad idea)

Before I remark on this...I forward the same interest onto you, Caz.
Interest what. Do what?

I don't want to sound like a jerk- I haven't played with either SBC or Caz before, and my opinion is fairly worthless. It's just that Caz doesn't seem like he doesn't know how to play the game, and SBC does seem less experienced. It doesn't mean I think either are better or worse players.
Double-negative! Yes! I am good! I think? Didn't know SBC was relatively new. Might have to re-evaluate that.

It was only later, after he had made several other posts, that he presented a carefully manicured post in response to the topic that carefully managed to avoid mentioning that the supposed main purpose of his house was now hunting witches.
"carefully manicured" oh you're a flatterer. I was going to proofread that because of the run-on sentences, but... again lazy. I should really put more effort into this game seeing all the effort the mod has put into it. Yes. This is on the list of things I will do.

I will actually pick at stuff tomorrow. Tonight is just... answering things badly. Really not helping myself here. Derp.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 01, 2014, 10:11:06 pm »

They keep talking about paranormal, and how I don't want to out.

There's also that you have done fuckall all game.

You haven't done a single ounce of scumhunting or even bothered trying. You have only answered questions. And hesitated about claiming useless flavor, citing a situation where you were scum as an explanation for your hesitance.

Jim, are you always this hyperbolic in Mafia? It's a bit early to be referring to his behaviour for the entire game, given that it's still day 1.
I've played some mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 02, 2014, 03:37:31 am »

Jim, are you always this hyperbolic in Mafia? It's a bit early to be referring to his behaviour for the entire game, given that it's still day 1.

I'm usually this strongly condemning, yeah. Hyperbolic, ehhhhhhhhh, probably. If I speak in strong terms it's because I feel strongly.

It's technically true that his behavior all game long has been unimpressive. But Day 1's been going on for a couple days now; plenty of time to get into some sort of groove and Superblackcat has yet to actually do anything so aggressive as ask a question.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 02, 2014, 05:08:16 am »

ZU:
UI: Why are you so against vampires?
Because I'm not some superstitious nut. What's your opinion on vampires?

Jim:
Are you learning anything useful from all this RP?
Not yet, but it is something I'm going to be keeping an eye on.

Is this additional layer of interaction one you're going to participate in?
Hell no. What do I look like, someone who plays forum games?

TolyK:
Question post today.
It's tomorrow now. Where is it?

To be clear, I am constituting a fact, not giving myself a get-out-of-jail-free card. I am fully aware that it's not an excuse to not scumhunt.
Noted.

Hm. Town-scum tells usually occur from language fails, while scum tells occur from knowing too much, but pretending you don't not well enough.
If it's a strange wording of something (which looks suspicious), I'd call it a town-scummy tell, while a scum-tell would be a hint of knowing what the scum did.
Would you care to give an example or two of each, preferably from this game?

King Cheeetar:
Rød/Urist- Who did you think the Kingmaker was going to be prior to the game beginning, and has their choice changed your mind?
I was willing to bet good money on it being Persus/Gwenhwyfar, and I don't see how an uninformed N0 choice could change my mind.

* Angsar Danielsen calls for order in the councilroom.
The [me] tag is your friend.

Caz:
Urist
I guess zero is a constant...
Why are you so flippant about the threats to this kingdom?
I'm not, I just highly doubt they're supernatural in origin. See my answer to ZU.

Additionally, could you please do something to visibly distinguish IC from OOC from now on? It would make your opinions and positions understandable.

SBC:
Cheetar: Not really, People seem happy to lynch me, especially Caz, and Jim, They keep talking about paranormal, and how I don't want to out. The funny thing is, I've told you more about my story then the both of them have added together. I merely said that I'm not sure if I should tell you this much.
You're deflecting.

But since this is a game of sucking up to the king, and you don't seem super intent on lynching me, I suppose I'm fine :P. (well, among other stuff, but sucking up to the king to stay alive >.>)
The fuck? No. No. No. This is a game about making sure the King lynches the person who you think is scum.

Who do you think is scum and why? Note that "they want to lynch me" is not an appropriate explanation.

makeinu:
The only oddity I can add is that even in death, her iron shoes could not be removed.
In loving memory of Queen Leafsnail.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 02, 2014, 05:12:18 am »

EBWOP:
Yes you will.
*sigh* Very well. In generations past, our noble house and it's servants were famed for the power of healing. True healing - not the rubbish and trickery of *glances at SBC* witches, but divine light. Those less talented sought to steal the power for themselves, and to do so they looked in dark places to steal the knowledge. The divine light failed to touch them, but they had whet their appetite for power and began to draw it from tainted earth - battlefields and graveyards, even hospitals where they sucked out the last breath of the dying, all for their own gain. To prevent them from ever succeeding in their plan, magic was banned, and the art of healing has been lost in the fires that we burn the unholy each day. The red ankh is a symbol of healing, but it is only a relic now. Perhaps one day the divine light will return to us, but it will not be this one.
Oh, so this worry about dark forces is based on experience then? This is very interesting.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 02, 2014, 06:39:41 am »

I am Tadeusz Brzęczyszczykiewicz (just Tadeusz, even formally). I gave some information about my parents and where I'm from last post, but I'll elaborate a bit more here. My mother was the descendant of a noble Danish family. My father died while fighting some Prussians, and my mother died later to eating poisonous berries. I decided to go to Denmark with a merchant caravan.

(Oh, and I am a bit mistaken - the Queen was closest to pronouncing my last name, but still not quite. Very close, in fact.)

How exactly do you pronounce your name?
I've played some mafia.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 02, 2014, 06:54:46 am »

Working on reply to UI (ba-dum-tshhh), but here's a quickie:

I am Tadeusz Brzęczyszczykiewicz (just Tadeusz, even formally).
How exactly do you pronounce your name?
Ta-dei-ush Bszen-chi-shchi-kye-vitch
:P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 32