Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32

Author Topic: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]  (Read 71440 times)

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem, Day One: Rex Danorum
« Reply #345 on: February 03, 2014, 09:39:09 pm »

Apologies. I've had very little time this weekend, big things happening in real life, and my attention has been focused on Limerick since we're in the end-game there.

I'll get into here soon as I can.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 03, 2014, 10:23:15 pm »

In an effort to be democratic, and with the fact that I'm feeling more and more unready with the responsibility of being King-

How satisfied are you with the content of Day 1 in general, and how long do you think it will take to reach a reasonable decision on who to execute?

Is it because you're scum?

Are you a scum king?

Is the reason you're uneasy because you can't find a suspicious-looking town target to lynch?

Yeah, that's tough.

No, really, let's see your list of suspects and your reasons why. I can't recall you stating an opinion about whom you suspect.

That's a pretty weak attack, Jim. Here, have some suspects:
Caz: In favour of ending the day early, fairly odd pressuring on SBC and a belief in him as a top suspect despite the fact that he's not really questioning him or looking at him at all at the moment.
SBC: He knows exactly what people want from him (actual scumhunting instead of simply defending himself) but he can't quite seem to bring himself to do it.
Persus13: His scumlist is incredibly derivative, fairly low content posting.
Jim Groovester: Low content, softball scumhunting. You're supposed to be better than that, no?

Who would you like the Kingmaker to select as King on Day 2?

Me, of course. I can guarantee that I won't feel uneasy about who to lynch.

It's the Kingmaker's decision though and I feel he should basically ignore all discussion about it, assuming the Kingmaker is not totally incompetent.

For King on the second day, I'd like for it to be somebody who's been more on the active side- Imiknorris, Tiruin, Makeinu.

Why these three?

They're the ones who stand out in my mind as more on the active side. I didn't go through the thread counting posts/words or anything, so I might be wrong.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 03, 2014, 10:23:41 pm »

Do you earnestly believe there's enough material on the floor to make informed decisions about who is scum and why? If so- who do you think is scum, and why?

Do you think there is?  If not, do you think there will be by day end?

Nope! I'm not sure there will be by the end of Day 1, either, certainly not from all the players.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 03, 2014, 10:42:52 pm »

suspects

Alright, so why are you bothering with this democratic nonsense if you already have a list of suspects? It's not like you're going to lynch outside it.

You're supposed to be better than that, no?

*yawn*
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 03, 2014, 10:51:19 pm »

In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 03, 2014, 10:53:14 pm »

Welp, sorry I haven't been here...

I feel that Caz is scum, mostly because of her/his play right now.

Tiruin and Tolyk seem like town.

Jim: When you said "why those three" it seemed like you wanted to be on the list. Any reasons?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 03, 2014, 11:36:54 pm »

SBC:

This is where you provide examples and reasons.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 03, 2014, 11:38:21 pm »

suspects

Alright, so why are you bothering with this democratic nonsense if you already have a list of suspects? It's not like you're going to lynch outside it.

Please note: I did not ask 'who should I lynch'. Attempts to assert that I did are silly.
I've played some mafia.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 03, 2014, 11:49:42 pm »

SBC:

This is where you provide examples and reasons.

Tiruin and Tolyk are both scumhunting, and asking a lot of questions. None of them seem scummy really.

Caz... His play changes every game, and this one feels different. He doesn't play like this. It's... he's very passive aggressive, but in this game, he's afraid of any sort of confrontation, even with his FOS (myself). It's not how he plays.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 04, 2014, 02:36:54 am »

Manservant! The Queen must have left some sort of notes, a long term plan in the event of her death. Am I right in assuming this council is for the short term stability of the nation, rather than a long term prospect?

Enter Horatio Hall some time later, bearing a sealed parchment--which itself bears the Queen's seal.

It is the first time that most of you have really looked at him, though of course you have seen him before--as a decoration, a piece of the castle, an unusually mobile anchorite.  The man is tall and pinched, with a certain intensity to his eyes if not his expression, which is all schooled deference.  One cheekbone must have, at least half a lifetime ago, been shattered.  He blows the dust from the parchment and offers it to the King before once again receding.

"The Queen's word," says Angar Danielsen, cracking the seal.  "Let the court note that the parchment is marked: 'For the Future of Denmark.'"

He scans the parchment and roars: "But this is preposterous!"

Horatio busies himself with nudging a plate of almonds closer to Vivianus.

"Well, what's in it?" someone says.

"Nonsense.  Listen: 'To my Councilors I bid good fortune from beyond the grave.  You are curious, I imagine, as to my plans for Denmark.  But I am deceased--my time on earth has ended.  Sodden, earthy Denmark is no longer mine to rule.  How could I, departed, know any better than you how to manage the lives of the living?''"

A pall, wet with the stench of undesirable responsibility, falls over those gathered.

"What of Sigfred?" says Viggo Valentinsen, and Horatio takes his leave.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 04, 2014, 03:17:08 am »

Jim: When you said "why those three" it seemed like you wanted to be on the list. Any reasons?

I was asking for his justification on asserting that Urist Imiknorris, Tiruin, and makeinu were people he considered active.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 04, 2014, 07:55:05 am »

Here, have some suspects:
Caz: In favour of ending the day early, fairly odd pressuring on SBC and a belief in him as a top suspect despite the fact that he's not really questioning him or looking at him at all at the moment.
SBC: He knows exactly what people want from him (actual scumhunting instead of simply defending himself) but he can't quite seem to bring himself to do it.
You suspect me for suspecting your 2nd suspect? Ok. I'm in favour of ending the day early because day1 is crap and I don't want this to stretch to 60 pages of unreadable nonsense like Smstr W/ Love.

I'll get into here soon as I can.
Before day-end would be nice.

Tiruin and Tolyk are both scumhunting, and asking a lot of questions. None of them seem scummy really.
So are most players. What in their posts makes you single them out specifically?

Caz... His play changes every game, and this one feels different. He doesn't play like this. It's... he's very passive aggressive, but in this game, he's afraid of any sort of confrontation, even with his FOS (myself). It's not how he plays.
This statement doesn't make sense. If my play changes every game, how can you predict how I play? If I play differently, am I scum?

he's very passive aggressive, but in this game, he's afraid of any sort of confrontation
Really? Me and Imp already argued over this. :P I also don't like bringing the game down to insults. Please give an example of where I am afraid of confrontation in your eyes.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 04, 2014, 08:00:56 am »

Please note: I did not ask 'who should I lynch'. Attempts to assert that I did are silly.
If you're not asking that, what was the purpose of people giving their opinions to you?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 04, 2014, 09:11:29 am »

If you're not asking that, what was the purpose of people giving their opinions to you?

What's the point of any scumhunting?
I've played some mafia.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 04, 2014, 12:58:01 pm »

The question was more, why exactly did you say "traitor" in singular? It isn't like "enemy" or "scum" where they have the same plural and singular forms, while it's typical for a mostly-vanilla 12-person game to have 3 mafia. Meanwhile, you say "traitor" as in "serial killer" or the like.
Never really thought the wording was crucial. If you're trying to say it's some kind of scum slip (I don't see how as Urist just confirmed in the flavour that there are traitors), it's not.
No, I'm saying that you're possibly an assassin (serial killer), which would definitely explain the slip. Of course, it could be a mistyping, but you can never know for sure.

Quote from: Caz
I don't like this RVS question after RVS ended.
Does RVS have a time limit?
and
Quote from: Caz
makeinu: If you were scum and picked as king, who would you try to get lynched and why?
I don't like this RVS question after RVS ended.
Do you earnestly believe there's enough material on the floor to make informed decisions about who is scum and why? If so- who do you think is scum, and why?
As I was told before, RVS ends when people start getting suspicions. And that asking random questions after there's a sizable amount of content is created seems to be lazy. Asking random questions is "lazy" because you should be asking questions to people who have done something not-to-par. We don't have enough material for pinning the scum tag on anyone, however pinning the "watch this guy" tag is definitely possible.

What are other people's thoughts on the thing about multiple factions?
As I said, I'm pretty sure we have more than one faction with a chat. :P
How'd you get to this conclusion? Also stop using the tongue smiley so much.
and
As I said, I'm pretty sure we have more than one faction with a chat. :P

Oh?

You wouldn't be a member of one of these chats, would you?
Sorry, it's a (possibly bad) habit. I just use it when I'm being less serious.
As I already said, it's because we were told "people with a chat". Also, it would fit Wuba's role character.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And Jim, I wouldn't. What sense would there be in saying that I am?

TolyK:
If it's mostly for this post, then I find it kinda strange. Of course, it does seem like he doesn't want to be blamed for a mislynch (he pretty much said it explicitly there, didn't he :P), however don't you think it's natural for people to not want to have an "hung innocent" on their conscience? Also, do you think there's anything else we can "try" to set a foundation for D2 other than asking questions?
I'm not convinced he's hunting on his own much either.  And it may be natural for people to not to want to feel bad, but too bad- he's in charge, he needs to act like it.

Normally I'd say something about voting patterns, but it may be a bit silly here.  Besides hunting, looking at chief suspects is the best bet, though it is blunted in this format.
Gotcha.

If it's mostly for this post, then I find it kinda strange. Of course, it does seem like he doesn't want to be blamed for a mislynch (he pretty much said it explicitly there, didn't he :P), however don't you think it's natural for people to not want to have an "hung innocent" on their conscience? Also, do you think there's anything else we can "try" to set a foundation for D2 other than asking questions?

You're explaining a new player's attitude. New players hesitate because they don't want to be wrong and don't want to face the backlash of being wrong. Inexperienced scum players hesitate even more.

Except that mislynches happen and are a regular part of the game of mafia, even amongst reasonably competent town players. If Cheeetar suspected somebody and if it appeared to be legitimate and genuine suspicion, and it turned out that it was a mislynch, he would face little backlash for his decision. There's no reason to be uneasy, except if he has no suspects (scummy) or he's afraid of backlash (also scummy).
Exactly. And the reason why Cheeetar's suspected is because he's not suspecting anyone, or at least not pressing anyone.

TolyK:
You didn't answer me about your top two suspects.

SBC - worried about revealing his role, citing previous situation where he was scum for his actions
Imp - uncharacteristic lack of posts, but waiting to hear more from her before i decide on this
This was to me? My answer's pretty typical - SBC and Cheetar/Caz tied for second.

TolyK
TolyK
Tolyk:
If you were one of the assassins, and had to make the choice of whom to kill right now, who would it be? Why?
Huh. I could tell who I wouldn't (the King, since he's being very thoughtful :P), but who I would kill... Jim? I don't really have all the information I need, but I'd be afraid of playing scum against Jim. :P
1. I see uncertainty, and I see Jim. Does Jim relevant to uncertainty?

2. Also why specifically Jim?
3. Also2: Anything on your mind or are you not curious on asking us things? What are your thoughts on the Kingmaker setup?
(1) Kinda - since I don't have information today, I would kill the guy I'd most be afraid of as scum. (2) He's that guy in this case, because he is very experienced and (afair) pointed me out as scum way too easily. >.> Also, as he said, he's usually strongly condemning and pushing, which really gets my on the edge regardless of faction. :P

(3) I wanted to finish rereading before asking questions (rather, I make questions as I reread). I already shared my thoughts on how it's different to play a Kingmaker, or do you mean something else?
1. That...really is unfair.
2. Jim? Yeah, restating: Unfair. You panic on being 'pointed out as scum'? Could you explain what that meant?
'my on the edge'? What?
3. Good! Now why do you think killing who you feared is a better idea than anything else?
Agreed that it's unfair, but that is exactly how I would think.
Uh, because I would be less nervous and less likely to slip?

Quote from: Tiruin
Tiruin
PFP
I disagree that flavour is separate from mechanics. Our roles were based on the heraldry we submitted, which was all flavor. If mechanics/roles were based on flavor, then can the two really actually be separate?
I thoroughly disagree with this. We're talking about Webadict making the roles.
You know when Webadict makes the roles.
Hilarious stoofs happen.
Meaning: No, really. Flavor =/= mechanics =/= abilities.

I bloody know.
I'm guessing you probably got one in your role? :P (Joke question, to make that clear)

PPE: Bah, long post.
...No, I am serious with what I said. Do you KNOW what Vector wrote in my role? No, no you don't.
So I'm saying it there right there and right then.

Why don't I have any serious question from you?

Also: You've never seen long posts. :I
No, I guess I haven't seen long posts, it's just longer that what I'm used to.
I don't currently have time to ask you serious questions at the moment, sorry.)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32