Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32

Author Topic: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]  (Read 71502 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem, Day One: Rex Danorum
« Reply #435 on: February 05, 2014, 09:06:05 pm »

Aside from that.

I don't know, you figure it out. Surely you have a list of suspects longer than a single name. Make a convincing case on some other target to mislynch, completely unlike your case on me. Or maybe try bussing one of your buddies. It would give you mad town cred, yo.

I have my suspect list. You are at the top. In fact, you are doing a handstand at the top. But down in second place, maybe halfway up the page, is Superblackcat, and then crawling around on the bottom of the page is makeinu, Caz, and Tiruin. These last three people are in the strict 'odd gut feeling maybe I dunno' range.

Wait, Toaster and Jim are brothers?

Bros, as in, BFFs, pals, buds, friends.

Work with me here. The fact that I'm not executing you as soon as you reveal that you're the Kingmaker should be at least one point in my favour. Keep in mind that you're a prime target for scumkill this night phase as well- we need your suspicions as soon as possible.

You put me on the brink of execution, and you bring me a step back just because I claimed, and you expect me to be grateful?

Get real.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 05, 2014, 09:11:24 pm »

Very well. I shall go back on my word once more.

Execute Jim Groovester. Nothing in his defence has shown him to be anything other than scum. His intense OMGUSing, overly emotional reaction to being target for the execution, incredibly low content scumhunting... the fact that he's claimed the most powerful role in the game at a time in which his death seems inevitable only makes me suspect him more. The real Kingmaker would have to open himself up to nightkills were he to claim to cement your death.

Guards! Apprehend the luthier. Have him strung up by his lute strings. Horace... Horatio? Bring his belongings to this councilroom, that we may see his allegiance.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 05, 2014, 09:13:07 pm »

Execute Jim Groovester

Forgot to bold it- just in case.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 05, 2014, 09:19:49 pm »

GJ lynching the confirmed townie, dumbass.

I hope Day 2 ends quick with your head in the noose.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 05, 2014, 09:21:30 pm »

I did nothing besides play my regular game.

Fucking scum kings.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 05, 2014, 09:22:05 pm »

It's good to know that your insults towards me were just trying to exploit my meta. Sorry for taking it personally.
I've played some mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 05, 2014, 09:30:11 pm »

Flavor pending.  Thread is locking to catch up with PMs and the execution flavor.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars
« Reply #442 on: February 05, 2014, 11:20:08 pm »

Guards! Apprehend the luthier. Have him strung up by his lute strings. Horace... Horatio? Bring his belongings to this councilroom, that we may see his allegiance.

Despite the King's bluster, Mark II of the House of Magnus is simply too large to hang.  In fact, the guards sent to apprehend this glowering figure with eyes that glow like candles hang back for a minute, slack-jawed, staring, their halberds nearly slipping from their hands.

Mark II was, after all, not crafted for music like his brother, Mark I.  His heart, though given as it was on occasion to reverie, to long flights of fancy, to glorious imaginings, was not the sort to pour out its sentiments to the tune of a lyre.  What could one expect from a heart of iron?  How could a poet's heart be replicated in cold metal?  So they stare stupefied at this glorious steel giant, an overgrown suit of armor, fists jointed and articulate, face crudely painted, before hurrying to bind it in chains.  They fear its resistance; they feared its strength.

"What do you have to say for yourself?" sneers Ansgar Danielsen.

"DEATH TO HUMANS," says Mark II.  The executioner, still unhooded, axe in his sweating hand, pisses himself.

"How is it talking?" says the serving boy Phaedrus, who has wandered in at the commotion.

"Never mind that," mutters Adolf Alexandersen, captain of the guard.  "How are we going to kill it?"

After much commotion, debate, and pounding of Danielsen's gavel, it is agreed that the guards will somehow drag the iron man to the tallest tower, from which he will be pushed.

This cannot be done until some hours past dusk, as every able-bodied person in the castle takes turns rolling the stubborn Mark II up the stairs.  By the end, Horatio has thrown out his back and limps off with an arm around Phaedrus' shoulders, who is upset he will not see the execution and caterwauls periodic complaints to this effect.  The night breeze feels good on your sweating faces.  Mark II's carapace was, at times, almost too hot to touch, and from time to time he would buzz disconcertingly.

Now he stands atop the crenelated wall, iron boots planted on the edge.

"Shall I tip him?" says Adolf.  Mark II intentionally stepped on his foot once during the rolling, and he is itching for revenge.

"Give me your spear," says old Ansgar.  He hefts the weapon in his hand, lodges the point in the automaton's lower back, and gives a mighty push.  Mark II is tipped.  He falls without windmilling, sinking through the air with a whistle, and falls, and falls, and falls...

And shatters, inconveniently, in the torchlit center of the path leading up to the castle, in a splatter of yellow and black and blue ink, and a strange amber liquid, and grease--which immediately, inconveniently, catches fire and blazes feet into the air.

Moments later Horatio returns, panting, with a bundle of parchment.  Phaedrus follows up behind with a fancy hand mirror, which he forgets on the parapet in favor of gawking at the fire below.

"Sire," quoth Horatio.  "The--iron man's effects."

"It says 'DEATH TO SIGFRED AND DEATH TO THE BITCH QUEEN' in red ink for a great many feet, with each entry signed and dated," Ansgar comments drily.  He throws Mark II's diary onto the fire below, where it burns merrily.  "It seems we have found a traitor."

"Huzzah!" everyone says, with the enthusiasm of the very exhausted.

And, with that, you return to your rooms to rest your aching bodies and prepare for the morrow.

The steward had his own depths and delusions.  He yet pondered, months later, why the Queen would include the scion of Magnus in her court, accept a metal beast onto her council.

How could she not have known?

He sets down his drink, and his ale-fogged brain turns the same question over, as it did on other nights in other warm taverns.  Prince Sigfred had abdicated in order to evade the pact between the ruler of the land and its goddess; and rather than take a bride, he had offered the crown to the cleverest of his suitors.  He understood Sigfred, and knew his fear as his own; they had, after all, grown up together.  The Queen, however, was a cipher, and despite serving five years at her side he still could not scry into her motivations.  He had had a sense, speaking with her, that she peered into his soul and knew him better than he knew himself--and his mysterious Queen, dressed in black, had eyes all over the realm, peering, knowing what he had never quite told anyone.

"A face that sour must have a story," the barkeep says, offering him another tankard.

"No," slurs Horatio into his cups.  "Not I."

It is now night.  Send in your night actions, please--including flavor actions for those who wish to do so.  You have until 7:00 PM (-8GMT) on Friday to send these in.  Please CC myself and Webadict.  At that point I will spend a lump of time--hopefully a mere 24 hours, since I'm feeling better and have a better idea of everyone's character--processing the night flavor.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:22:39 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars
« Reply #443 on: February 08, 2014, 10:39:05 pm »

Everyone's actions are in--just waiting on some adjudication so I can process the night.  Thanks for your patience, folks.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 11, 2014, 07:37:52 pm »

I did not know until just now that Webadict left the forums, and I have something I need to do early tomorrow.  Also I am moving and doing job applications.  I'm going to look for another co-mod and will write this up as soon as I can.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 16, 2014, 04:04:01 am »

Just finished moving home, shot Webadict memos.  N1 will be processed by the end of Monday whether we have secured the next co-mod or not.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 17, 2014, 10:08:42 pm »

SIGNIFICANT POSITIVE LIFE EXPERIENCES ARE HAPPENING TO MOD AND SHE WILL GET BACK TO YOU WHEN SHE CAN.  BUT RIGHT NOW I NEED TO CELEBRATE BECAUSE THAT'S REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 21, 2014, 09:34:57 pm »

I've received notes asking people if Iron Diadem is continuing.

I've been battling health issues for the past couple months that make it hard to get anything done.  I've been loath to say anything about it, because I feel bad and I keep wondering if it will go away soon.  But for now, I really just can't update in a timely way, because I have other responsibilities that I'm also far behind on due to these issues.  Job-things.  Real-world responsibilities.  There's not as much I can get done in the day when I'm sleeping 10+ hours.

If my health problems get fixed, then this should be done almost immediately.  But for now, I'm sorry.  Please keep waiting patiently.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 09, 2014, 12:36:19 pm »

GET READY MOTHERFUCKERS

Okay, don't get ready, don't hurt yourselves, maybe get yourself a scone and some tea and prepare to wait a while longer, but do it in an anticipatory sort of way.  I can't promise all the PMs will be sent out today since I no longer have the energy to write for 17 hours straight, but I'm hoping for about half.

EDIT: Added theme music :I
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:50:28 pm by Vector »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 20, 2014, 11:42:49 pm »

All right, here's a dump of all the PMs. This game is closed and will not be restarted. I'm very sorry that I didn't just close it back in March, or sooner.

Here's the google doc with all the role concepts
Spoiler: Mother Death headshot (click to show/hide)
Cat chat
Scumchat

First, the ladies of the town:

Spoiler: Gwenhwyfar (Persus13) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:45:14 pm by Vector »

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32