Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32

Author Topic: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]  (Read 71545 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars
« Reply #450 on: September 20, 2014, 11:43:44 pm »

The gents:

« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:45:32 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 20, 2014, 11:44:05 pm »

The evildoers:

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]
« Reply #452 on: September 20, 2014, 11:52:42 pm »

I had a feeling it was TolyK >:I

Yaaaay on everything though! ^ ^
All right, here's a dump of all the PMs. This game is closed and will not be restarted. I'm very sorry that I didn't just close it back in March, or sooner.

Spoiler: Mother Death headshot (click to show/hide)
Huh, nearly accurate, my fanart is. :D
Though on said fanart, lost it with my USB...bleh >_>
Still. Love this game to death and beyond.

...And you quoted it as-is! XD
oh my god i'm so sorry your role is totally weird
Why I love you too. :P

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 20, 2014, 11:53:23 pm »

Who blocked me N1?  >:(
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 21, 2014, 12:05:11 am »

Thanks for posting these up, Vector. Did you have any plans for what kind of ending you would write depending on who won and the actions taken? I was foreseeing something incredibly dark if I made myself King all the time, for example.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 21, 2014, 01:04:29 am »

It was SuperBlackCat being redirected by TolyK from his attempt on Caz. The random redirection is actually the main reason I stopped running the game in the first place--it took so much time to process nights ._.

Thanks for posting these up, Vector. Did you have any plans for what kind of ending you would write depending on who won and the actions taken? I was foreseeing something incredibly dark if I made myself King all the time, for example.

There were a few ideas. I don't want to give too much away, since I suspect I will be running more Mafia games before long (on a geological timescale, perhaps)--but whatever continuation the story has, if any, will be very different in scope, result, etc.

You of course did not have the ability to incessantly crown yourself. It's just that you happened to start off as King #1.

Some of the more interesting hidden elements:

- Gwenhwyfar is actually a ghost riding in the body of Red Shoes, from The Lonely Prince. If you don't recognize the name, it's a Welsh writing of "Guinevere."
- Sunflower victory was going to spark a civil war and lead to a spinoff thing "In the Flower Kingdom" or something
- There is a lot more godawful poetry in various notebooks, which I suspect will be aired in future games
- Phaedrus is this Phaedrus
- In general, the main question of this game was whether Denmark was going to hold together as a country or fall apart, and under which conditions--which sort of government--it would continue. For example a game led by TolyK would have been theological democracy, Maren's Enlightened Monarchy, and yours... likely some variety of authoritarianist or despotic state, yes. One of the key points of the game is that the "good" and "evil" alignments were spread through town and scum, so that endings that seemed "good" or "bad" weren't so attached to teams so much as individual players. It's a truly political disagreement.
- If you haven't had the chance to check the original doc yet, you should... everyone has a "limit break" ;]

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 21, 2014, 01:09:39 am »

Oh man. My limit break would've had the most awesome flavour in the world.

Re: Why the hell did that jerk lynch Jim Groovester? I was really uncertain, and not thinking too clearly prior to his claim, but the moment he claimed kingmaker was the sweetest I've ever had in Mafia. It was a fakeclaim I could see through instantly and I didn't even have to give myself away to call him on it and lynch him for it.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 21, 2014, 01:13:42 am »

- Phaedrus is this Phaedrus
Bloody knew it! >:I
- Gwenhwyfar is actually a ghost riding in the body of Red Shoes, from The Lonely Prince. If you don't recognize the name, it's a Welsh writing of "Guinevere."
And again!
Though I noted this discovery as a passing thought u_u
Grr those times when I get references!

It was SuperBlackCat being redirected by TolyK from his attempt on Caz. The random redirection is actually the main reason I stopped running the game in the first place--it took so much time to process nights ._.
D:
Everyone should've been leveled to my power. I has cats I:<

But really ._. Web's active enough to ask aid on this part :3

"limit breaks" ;]
I love you.

Aaaaanway, Vector? Could I volunteer as co-mod somewhere in the future?
I seriously promise it not to die C:
Yeah fear of judgement, I'm looking at you.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 01:17:45 am by Tiruin »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 21, 2014, 01:16:46 am »

I absolutely love gameplay systems and flavour and helping with stuff, so I might (?) be able to help with co-modding in the far, far-away future! If only to do the boring action resolution stuff- I have much patience for tedium.
I've played some mafia.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 21, 2014, 01:24:18 am »

LOL! Two of my top players, lost to the Sea of Mod! But honestly, I might well consider it. It will be quite a while--I kind of just need to not think about it right now--but I have so many fun ideas that I really do want to run another game, likely at the beginning of next year when all of these applications will be done.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:10:28 pm by Vector »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 21, 2014, 01:38:59 am »

Man, if I knew who wrote that humor in that google doc I'd... :I
Kit-T -> Kit-10 -> CAT
It's killing me by laughter, amusement and appreciation. xD
But really. Considerations? YES! :))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 21, 2014, 01:44:47 am »

Man, if I knew who wrote that humor in that google doc I'd... :I

LOL, the roles are 100% Wubbadobdobdabdoodle.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 21, 2014, 02:15:46 am »

Well, that was an unfortunate fakeclaim.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 21, 2014, 02:29:17 am »

And the medium was your buddy.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 21, 2014, 05:30:44 am »

I loved my role in every single way. <3

Also, I remember the Jimbot role. Splendid xD
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32