Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Upright spear glitch aka "Shaft of Enlightenment"  (Read 136133 times)

Mad Jackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Upright spear glitch aka "Shaft of Enlightenment"
« Reply #225 on: February 23, 2015, 10:59:11 pm »

Good thing I'm still using 34.11.

I think I will go look into a teacher/ student start with a spot of copper armor...
an''t catch me!

Annon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2015, 11:18:33 am »

Just tested it. Confirmed: the exploit no longer works.

"No longer works" as in "the experience gain is gone" (which the patch notes seem to suggest) or "no longer works" as in "the experience gain is still there, but greatly lowered to reasonable levels"?

Because if it's the latter, that might just mean we need a bigger shaft...

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 10, 2015, 11:29:32 am »

I think it might be the latter.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Annon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2015, 07:17:32 pm »

Alrighty, !!SCIENCE!!

I tried something and...I think my experiment failed, but my DFHack skills are lacking and my adventurer skills are MORE lacking...

I embarked on a pocket world, and DFHacked a 4 z-level high scaffold.

Right next to the scaffold, I built an up/down stair with a floor on top.  I built upright spikes in the floor and then deconstructed the floor holding them up.  The hope was, to suspend the spikes in a place where they would strike the subject en route to a 4 z-level deep pool of water so the fall wouldn't kill them.

At least that was the plan.  Visiting the site I found that I had miscalculated and built a 6-high scaffold.  As the subject lay suffocating at the bottom of the hole from a perforated lung (but never drowning!?!) I cursed my misfortune, because the logs didn't show any attacks from the training spears.  The subject did gain a few xp in combat skills, which I'm guessing came from their brief bout against the the "obstacle" at the bottom of their ten story plunge.

Unfortunately, my attempt constitutes neither a way to put dorfs through a gravity-driven training gauntlet, nor will it function as a goblinite separation system.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 11, 2015, 05:13:12 pm »

For reference next time you want to try something similar:

createitem WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SPEAR_TRAINING FEATHER:WOOD 9
createitem WOOD PLANT:FEATHER

I think I got the tokens right so it will give a log to make a floor from and the no quality spears, pull up advfort and built the upright spears, stand on top and open gui/gm-editor > pos > add 3 or 4 to z, esc, esc, you should hit the spears, see if it did anything, try again with a higher z value, etc.

Annon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 11, 2015, 07:25:44 pm »

For the spears, I turned fastdwarf on and did create-items logs FEATHER 100 and it worked well enough.

My problem is, I can't figure out how to fall 1 tick at a time as adventurer to track what happens.  I just step off and check the log while the hapless subject is bleeding to death at the bottom of a hole.

Also, I'm not sure if I spawned the water in the landing pool correctly.  IIRC, there's something tricky about spawning liquids with DFHack, but it's been a while since I played with it.  I'm guessing that's why the first test subject sat at the bottom on a 4-z deep pond without drowning (and why they couldn't swim out when they finally stopped suffocating).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:28:45 pm by Annon »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 11, 2015, 07:43:39 pm »

liquids w 4 works fine, did he have swimmng skill?

You can't pause in mid-air sadly.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]