Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Most Brutal/Badass Things You've Done Thread  (Read 51767 times)

Sylveadiff

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Diplomat
    • View Profile
Re: Most Brutal/Badass Things You've Done Thread
« Reply #165 on: October 08, 2014, 10:15:45 am »

I jumped a demon, who spat at me, asked me to yield, and sent me after a werebeast. I JUUUUST so happened to have a bismuth bronze axe at the time, so I killed it quickly, not before letting it bite my left hand*now useless but still worth it* chased after a giantess and killed her, went back home to my home city, talked to the demon, went weregecko and stabbed it to death.
"I just wanted to eat the yummy"~Glass, Pantheon RPG

Tavern

• Bay Watcher
  • Adventure Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2014, 07:06:13 am »

There's been some other golden moments but one badass thing I've done has been successfully wiping a Vault. I'd picked up a goblin archer in a town and we were Ikari Warriors-level bros man, we protected each other so many times in those rooms. I'd hack an angel maceman's legs out before it could hit my goblin pal, then goblin pal would headshot a pikeman before it could finish its stab, we traded off close saves in every room we went into.

It couldn't last though... :( We got to the archangel and one quick flight across the room later I knew we couldn't fight this guy, so I tried sprinting past. My goblin pal got separated from me though, he fled one way while I fled the other. Assuming he was dead I kept going on my own, eventually reaching and reading the slab. I made it back up to the archangel floor to find the corpse of goblin pal right by the stairs :( He'd fought past the archangel just to die of his wounds :'(

I got out of there with no injuries, three pale pockmarked metal shields, six pale twisted maces, a couple full sets of glowing clothing, and the true name of a demon. But I lost one really badass wingman. :'(

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2014, 08:31:40 am »

I feel your pain. I once had a crossbowman who saved me from a minotaur who was strangling me. He was paralyzed in the same fight, but he kept following me. He was later killed in a goblin ambush. I couldn't reach him in time.  :'(

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2014, 09:47:22 am »

Okay, this wasn't so much my awesome moment, but a previous adventurer I'd picked up's awesome moment.

So after much slaughter and grinding of stats, I decided to retire a pike master adventurer. I eventually found him just sitting around a house. So, naturally, I recruited him, and eighteen other guys after a couple hours of play. When I decided to take a rest near a stream, a pack of giant dingoes attacked. Most of my men stayed and fought, two died, my great hero ran for it up the nearby hill, not sure why, and I decided, since I just finally woke up, I'd have to save everyone. I started fighting, killed all but three of the dingoes, but one just chipped a bone and I passed out. We're all going to die.

But no! My former adventurer came running down the hill, stabbed on straight in the heart, then crushed it's head in with his foot, stabbed one in the brain, got knocked down by the third, wrestled his... teeth... from the dingoes grasp, and then punched the dingoes head, the body part exploding in gore! This guy, who I swore I was going to kill once I found him, for cowardice, just saved all of us, minus the two crossbowmen nobody liked since they ran out of bolts. Man, I hate giant dingoes, but that guy disposed of three faster than me and two lashers did. Each dingo took me a few hits to kill, even when they were distracted, and he used a max of two hits.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 14, 2014, 10:08:44 am »

Killed about 300 goblins in their sleep by chopping off their heads, or 3 forts. It all started due to a misunderstanding that they had stolen stuff that I had left lying on the ground. But it seems the stuff has just evaporated. None of the nearest gobo forts had any of it. I just hope whoever took it doesn't go and play around with the vampire blood and weapons covered with it. Would hate to cause a vampirebola-epidemic. I have been finishing off vampires left and right and collecting their skulls, so I really hate to have lost my collection of vampire skulls.

Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

lordpyridine

• Bay Watcher
  • [APPLY_CREATURE_ VARIATION:PSYCHOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 14, 2014, 10:16:08 am »

While playing masterwork:

You pinch the human in the groin and the severed part sails off in an arc!
You pick up the groin and put it in your rope feed fiber backpack.
The spinning groin strikes the human in the head, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!

Yeah... Lorena Bobbit would be proud...
Anyone can build a buttress at forty degrees, but it takes a DWARF to build one arbitrarily and have it be twice as strong!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 14, 2014, 01:50:56 pm »

A collection of vampire skulls? I wonder how that sounds going through customs at the airport.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

bigbenzx9000

• Bay Watcher
  • HERESY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2014, 09:52:57 am »

The lonely figure was in an open moor covered with snow, the moonlights and the soft glow of fire covered upon him like a blanket. He was there, half-asleep, when he was woken up with sounds of howling to the north. Before he could possibly react, a ferocious pack of dingoes appeared from the NE and quickly surrounded him. He raised his copper halberd up, it shone our beautifully before becoming a quick blur to the nearest dingos head. The halberd managed to successfully cleaved the thing off and sent it flying in an arc, scaring off the other dingoes. The fight quickly became brutal, he was smashing dingoes head with his copper dagger and slashing at their legs, hoping they would go prone. After a couple of grunts and growls, the battle fell silent and amidst the pile of corpses, raised a towering figure. He would quickly collapsed with exhaustion, breathing in the fresh air that he has fought so hard for, to struggle in this harsh world for yet another day. The axeman quickly packed up his belongings and headed to West, fearing for another terror of the night to prey upon him. And so he walked, with blood on his hand and a fire in his chest, to fortune and glory......
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The emperor protects.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2014, 02:56:38 pm »

Had one among my vampire skulls.. after I defeated a bunch and decided to start collecting skulls.
I'm now planning to have a steady diet of them. After I retire, how will I supply myself with their meat?

Also made a note: demon meat and dragon meat seem to be awfully heavy. Demons' the most. Then dragons. Been eating their hearts at least, now sustaining myself mainly on demon and dragon meat, as my fort doesn't have my favorite meat available, and one has to try all sorts of exotics as well. Hope I get demon muscles with this meat.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:17:29 pm by jei »
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

Sven Flintflash

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Opossum Poet
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2014, 11:44:53 pm »

Well one time when I was playing I decided to be a huge arse whole and kill everyone I saw. It was going well for the first few weeks, just hopping from town to town stabbing folks in the gut, picking up their vomit and tools. One day in the middle of the night I got ambushed by a pikeman and he stabbed me in the heart fatally wounding me, so I'm like fuck it might a well try to kill him too and have some fun with it, so i start throwing everything I got at him, clothing weapons tools, but it all missed so I threw the only thing i had left which was the vomit which hit him and tore open his right lung and caused him to suffocate a few turns before I bled to death.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2014, 12:29:48 am »

Corpse-corpse-corpse-knife-knife-axe-knife-shield-axe-sword-corpse-knife... NOTHING'S LEFT BUT THE VOMIT! Vomit-CRITICAL HIT.

Elagn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2014, 02:03:26 pm »

For fun, I decided to make my 1st adventurer necromancer. After fighting through the hordes of zombies and necromancers, I finaly got the tablet. For my army, I decided that normal people were too weak. So I decided to use megabeasts.

Through several quests and individual discoveries, I made and army of 5 dragons, 3 hydras, 4 rocks, 2 giants, 1 etin, 3 minotaurs, 1 cyclops, and, because i decided that wasnt enough, about 20 elephants, numerous giant eagles, and a pride of lions, all turned undead.

After that, I decided to accept humans, dwarves, elves, goblins, kobalds, and animal people into my army too. I got the army to the point where i couldnt play as that charachter anymore because of slow proccesing, It was pretty awesome though. I realy enjoyed getting kings, queens, nobles and such to join my army.
"Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" Einstein

"Measure what is measurable and make measurable what is not so" Galileo

peculiarfortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2014, 07:02:44 pm »

Well, I just made my first successful adventurer character. I was told to attack a Kobold village way up North (about 2 or 3 days), after choosing the "skulking vermin" option. I went to that village. I started off with about 39 notable kills. That went up to 209 notable kills when I was finished. I had two other partners with me, but one couldn't cross the river and got lost, and the other started attacking me, so I killed him. By now, there are probably about 20 left, I have decided to hang out atop a tree and sleep the night away before I travel back. I really don't care to kill the stragglers at this point, this was exhausting.

On another note, since I was an axeman, there were a number of necks on the ground.  I was able to injure quite a few people by throwing necks at them, and even pulverized someone's leg with it.

I also got attacked by a vampire, in which my neck and spine were both mangled. I slept it off, having only spinal tissue that was cut apart.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2014, 08:52:50 pm »

I find it quite fun to become a werebeast inside of a city, and make tons of new historical figures...
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 27, 2014, 10:13:54 pm »

^ I like the way you think.

Was wrestling with a goblin on my unarmed-only wrestler-thrower character, and somehow went wereboar, then proceeded to rage through all twenty goblins in the town. Decided to play the part, went around killing people in their sleep. Aaaaand kind of changed back to normal just beside a miner. Somehow survived a pick the the chest.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15