Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A non-df post - Website.  (Read 1452 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
A non-df post - Website.
« on: January 11, 2014, 05:52:48 am »

Hey everyone. :)

While working on Dwarf Fortress and planning my next tour, my girlfriend and me were working on a new website for me. Its a personal blog, brand new and without much content, which I plan to fill up in February, after I finished writing the Warlock race. For those that do not have a clue what I am talking about: I am a randonneur and traveller. A randonneur is someone who does long distances on bike, be it races of 500+km in a day, or going from one continent to another. For example I rode my bicycle from the southern tip of Argentina to Canada, or from Germany (where I live) to Capetown, Southafrica.

This blog will show updates, pictures and stories from my travelling. I do know that a few people have asked about me sending them the URL once its online (although I cant get all the names together), and I also wanted to ask a favor.

Since the website, as well as the facebook and twitter account that go with it, are new, and therefore empty, it would help me personally a lot, if I get a few followers before I send this preview to possible sponsors. I talk a lot to outdoor companies and bike manufacturers, and it would help if they see more than just the 5 people that helped writing the website and are currently the only ones who know about it.

So, if you want to do me a favor, have a look, and if you like the pictures or want to keep updated about where I am and what I am doing, follow me or press Like. I know that this topic fits better in "General Discussion", but the MDF board is my home. ;)

The Website is called http://unlocked-achievements.com/ and the twitter acc is https://twitter.com/UnlockingQuest (silly name, but find a twitter name that isnt taken already), and the facebook page is pretty much just my name. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Patrick-Martin-Schroeder/523764137720844 (with a random number behind it, because facebook does that kind of stuff)

If you have constructive feedback, please give it. Its the first test, and each tour will get more details, and a blog-section with news will be added, as soon as I go on the next tour and there are actual news to report.

Thank you,
Meph

PS: And now I am back to making evil spells for evil warlocks. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Undeadlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A non-df post - Website.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 09:33:11 am »

Done and Done sir!

rethnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 02:02:59 pm »

I am envious of your achievements! I've been a long time biker my self so I will keep an eye out on your site. I noticed you've stopped by my neck of the woods a couple of times, Southern California.

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 07:33:17 pm »

Nice!  Good luck with the sponsors.  I gave you a FB like, but I am not a huge fan of the twitters.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 08:21:12 pm »

You are pletty handsome you know  :P

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 08:50:22 pm »

-Confirmed for new update adding dwarven bicyclists.