Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander just came out  (Read 691 times)

day6reak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander just came out
« on: November 16, 2023, 03:32:51 pm »

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1470940/STAR_FLEET_II__Krellan_Commander_Version_20/

Anyone play it? I plan on checking it out this weekend. Looks pretty deep and the kind of thing this forum might be into.

BikeRacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander just came out
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 04:14:15 pm »

I bought it off GOG, and haven't really gotten past browsing some of the menus/interfaces and looking through the manual. Like you said though looks really deep and I love the old school feel. Be a great game for LGR or some other retro game youtuber to cover.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 07:36:10 pm »

Thanks for the tip that it's on GOG.  I saw the RPS article too and I'm interested.  The article picture vaguely reminded me of some early smartphone game about repelling boarders in Star Trek...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2023, 08:25:55 am »

I'm... fairly sure at some point in the 90s or 00s I tried that... once. Bounced off the UI and went and did other things, heh.

Thread title really could use a change of some sort, though, 'cause I was pretty confused looking at it the first time and it took a second to figure out why (it was because some part of me remembered the game is old enough to legally drink and there's no "just" to its release date, heh). "2023 update for 80s game <Game Title> released!" Something like that?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.