Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 320575 times)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #1455 on: May 29, 2017, 10:49:03 pm »

1) A game that gets as close to war tactics as possible. I don't care about the graphics but I want a complex (preferably randomized) terrain where fortifying chokepoints and putting archers up on the edge of mountains are valid tactics. A game where you have to manage territory and supply lines and all of that.

Might not be tactical enough, but Hegemony: Gold handles supply lines and managing territory pretty intuitively and has a sandbox mode. I can't say anything about the newer Hegemony games though since I haven't played them.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Urist McManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 03, 2017, 06:20:53 am »

2) A game where you are so weak that you need to just keep hiding and running. Most of the stuff in the game would be able to kill you instantly until you got stronger, eventually becoming the strongest yourself.

Did you ever try the mod "Requiem: The Role-Playing Overhaul" for Skyrim? It makes the game feel a lot more like old-school RPGs from the 90's. At the lowest levels, you can barely fight of a single bandit, at the higher levels you can lay waste to whole cities in the blink of an eye. Level progression is rather slow, so you even get enough experience out of every stage of the game to make it worthwhile.

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 03, 2017, 04:40:18 pm »

Looking for an RPG with plenty of content where you may create and/or control minion(s) that can also be equipped. Genre, other than RPG, and setting doesn't matter, and it doesn't matter if the game is built around (like Geneforge) or if it's just a class option (like Tales of Maj'Eyal).

2) A game where you are so weak that you need to just keep hiding and running. Most of the stuff in the game would be able to kill you instantly until you got stronger, eventually becoming the strongest yourself.

That's one of the main selling points of Kenshi. It's on Steam and Early Access (been so for years). Developed by one dude. Can't say if it's good or not since I haven't played it, 85% positive reviews though.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: June 05, 2017, 07:53:33 pm »

Looking for an RPG with plenty of content where you may create and/or control minion(s) that can also be equipped. Genre, other than RPG, and setting doesn't matter, and it doesn't matter if the game is built around (like Geneforge) or if it's just a class option (like Tales of Maj'Eyal).

That's one of the main selling points of Kenshi. It's on Steam and Early Access (been so for years). Developed by one dude. Can't say if it's good or not since I haven't played it, 85% positive reviews though.

First off, Kenshi looks awesome, but it's also early access which reminds me of many failed early access games. I'll keep an eye on it.

As for your game, your description was so spot on I think you already know of the game series "Overlord" and are looking for something similar. The recent game Battle Brothers also rings a bell.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1459 on: June 06, 2017, 01:14:16 am »

I need a cool space-plane flying game with neato graphics and fun gameplay that is good with a controller. Something modern and not annoying. I want to see cool space stations and stuff.
I got nothing

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: June 06, 2017, 02:11:20 am »

I need a cool space-plane flying game with neato graphics and fun gameplay that is good with a controller. Something modern and not annoying. I want to see cool space stations and stuff.

3D or 2D?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 06, 2017, 02:58:37 am »

A recent one that's gotten good reviews is Everspace, though I don't think it works with controllers (mouse and keyboard from what I've read).

Other than that, there was that space game with the western/country music. Can't remember the name of it now.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 06, 2017, 05:08:40 pm »

Other than that, there was that space game with the western/country music. Can't remember the name of it now.
That would be Rebel Galaxy.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 07, 2017, 08:04:37 am »

Timber and stpne is a good game similar to dwarf fortress, except that the dev has dissapeared and that the remaining worker is working his arse pff trying to get something out.

On the othr hand, necromancers come and kill you, all of your tools can break, and there's no savescumming.

And there's so many decorative blocks it's not even funny.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: June 07, 2017, 09:24:16 pm »

Looking for a space game or 4x that (hopefully is a good game) but has extensive political and economic mechanics. First thought turns to X3, any other suggestions???
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: June 08, 2017, 01:03:17 am »

From what I understand of X3, while it does have an economy, elements of it is automated to prevent it from crashing into the ground. There is supply and demand but there are some basic resources that will exist regardless of other events.

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: June 10, 2017, 04:23:04 am »

Looking for a space game or 4x that (hopefully is a good game) but has extensive political and economic mechanics. First thought turns to X3, any other suggestions???

Closest games would be Distant Worlds: Universe or X3+mods. There really isn't much around. You might want to look at Limit Theory though which isn't out there, but is trying to do a very full economy simulation.

Nothing really does political systems well unfortunately though.

First off, Kenshi looks awesome, but it's also early access which reminds me of many failed early access games. I'll keep an eye on it.

I'm really not a fan of early access, but Kenshi isn't really early access in the traditional way - it's just not as fully featured as the dev would like it. It's been going for years and years and years, and I don't see it slowing up, so I wouldn't let it stop you playing.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: June 14, 2017, 03:55:17 pm »

Does anyone know of a good MMORPG(-type) game? I really just want something I can sink some time into, as long as it's not horrifically full of grind. Something with unique mechanics/gimmicks would be fine, but really not necessary.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: June 14, 2017, 04:23:40 pm »

MMORPG
not horrifically full of grind
unique mechanics/gimmicks
Uuh.. No.. I for one, can't think of one.
At least not with these three requirements in the same game.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 04:25:19 pm by Ultimuh »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: June 14, 2017, 06:01:41 pm »

Galactic Civilizations 2 is showing its age, but if you can get the version with all the expansions its a great game.  Its pretty much what you'd expect, its civilization with a bunch of Star Trek aliens in space.  The AI has a lot of character, and the expansions add megaevents that can mix things up as well as each race having its own special power, tech tree, and buildings (so for example the warmonger race goes from having standard buildings to slavery themed ones with different stats).  Plus you can make custom races, in fact its not hard to add your own portraits to the files and have an entire game with nothing but custom races.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 179