Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 321117 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #1470 on: June 14, 2017, 06:09:41 pm »

Uuh.. No.. I for one, can't think of one.
At least not with these three requirements in the same game.
Well, both the grind and unique elements are relative and the unique one was "really not necessary".

Like, as long as it isn't a reskin of World of Warcraft with the grind turned up by 5x I should be fine. That kind of thing.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 14, 2017, 09:52:13 pm »

Vindictus has some unique mechanics. I'd suggest trying it if you just want an interesting time sink MMO. Can't vouch for the grinding part though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 15, 2017, 05:09:42 am »

Uuh.. No.. I for one, can't think of one.
At least not with these three requirements in the same game.
Well, both the grind and unique elements are relative and the unique one was "really not necessary".

Like, as long as it isn't a reskin of World of Warcraft with the grind turned up by 5x I should be fine. That kind of thing.

Black Desert is unbelievably grindy but there's tons to do and the combat is pretty fun.  It's also got the best customization ever.
Shoes...

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 21, 2017, 08:35:59 am »

Since Steam Summer Sale will be tomorrow, I'm interested in buying some games.

Here's the list of games I'm interested in:
Stardew Valley (I've never played Harvest Moon or any other farming simulators, but I might take it. I sometimes want something relaxing and chilling...)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (I don't like Skyrim due to no middle ground between "Too easy" and "bullet sponges" and unsatisfying combat, but Morrowind looks much more interesting than Skyrim, even if it's old.)
Prison Architect (Dunno, looks interesting and has a nice style. Also, I'm a fan of base-builders.)
Supreme Commander 1 + Forged Alliance (The game from my childhood which I didn't play a lot, but would like to pick up during the sale.)

So, the most important question: Will I like Morrowind if I didn't like Skyrim? And should I buy all of these games, or ignore some of these?

EDIT 1: I forgot that TES III: Morrowind belongs to Bethesda, so forget about that game, it never happened.

EDIT 2: Mephisto sent me a free key through Humble Bundle. Thank you, Mephisto!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 10:27:31 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 21, 2017, 10:11:04 am »

Stardew Valley (I've never played Harvest Moon or any other farming simulators, but I might take it. I sometimes want something relaxing and chilling...)

Sent you a PM, in case you didn't see it.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: June 21, 2017, 12:51:25 pm »

EDIT 1: I forgot that TES III: Morrowind belongs to Bethesda, so forget about that game, it never happened.

How would it belonging to Bethesda, stop you from enjoying the game?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: June 21, 2017, 01:01:22 pm »

Morrowind was a great game.

Bethesda in 2002 were basically a completely different company to what they are now. They needed capital so took on investors during Morrowind's development, but then those investors ousted the original company founders and turned it into the monolith it is now.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: June 21, 2017, 01:45:13 pm »

Morrowind is fantastic and entirely different beast than Skyrim. Also, Prison Architect is awesome.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: June 21, 2017, 02:55:14 pm »

Morrowind is fantastic and entirely different beast than Skyrim. Also, Prison Architect is awesome.

I second that opinion of Morrowind. It's an amazing game.

Also, my greatest fear about Prisoner architect is that after I build a fully functioning prison with everything there is to build then the game will end and I will have nothing left to experience, no challenge to overcome. As if it's a game with mechanics of something to be replayed but no replayability.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: June 21, 2017, 11:05:36 pm »

I will not buy Morrowind because Bethesda developed and published the game, and I'm boycotting Bethesda.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: June 21, 2017, 11:27:42 pm »

I will not buy Morrowind because Bethesda developed and published the game, and I'm boycotting Bethesda.

Well, that's your prerogative, BUT, you're doing yourself a disservice--Morrowind is one of the best ARPGs ever made.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: June 22, 2017, 03:35:26 am »

In my experience, boycotts rarely ever works unless enough people did so. But whatever, you do you I suppose.
And I agree, you are missing out on one of the few games by them, that are truly worth buying.
Unless of course, you are one of those whom believe Morrowind is a dumbed down version of Daggerfall or something.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 22, 2017, 04:54:28 am »

In my experience, boycotts rarely ever works unless enough people did so. But whatever, you do you I suppose.
And I agree, you are missing out on one of the few games by them, that are truly worth buying.
Unless of course, you are one of those whom believe Morrowind is a dumbed down version of Daggerfall or something.

You see, I bought their games in the past already. Fallout 3 was great when I was a kid, but it's mediocre right now. Skyrim is also quite mediocre, but good for 100 hours of play. Fallout New Vegas is one of my favorite games from the new tens, Dishonored was cool, even if it suffered from lack of the options for a pacifist player, and Doom 2016 was awesome. They're not very good developers by themselves, but they are great publishers, but it's all IMHO. Too bad that they decided to resort to abhorrent practices like "Creaton Club", or as I like to call it "Microtransaction Club"...

As for inefficiency of boycotts, they're inefficient because the majority of people are idiots. If the majority of people had some gears in their noggin, then there wouldn't be corporations like Ubisoft or EA. They'd just run out of money after the boycotts.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 22, 2017, 04:31:35 pm »

I'm not even boycotting Ubisoft, after what they did to the Assassin's Creed franchise I just assume anything they make is going to disappoint or annoy me.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: July 01, 2017, 07:38:10 am »

I was a bit drunk last night, and this morning I noticed two more games on my steam wish list; Rise to Ruins, and Lobotomy Corp.

Does anybody have any experience with either?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/328080/Rise_to_Ruins/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/568220/Lobotomy_Corporation__Monster_Management_Simulation/
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 179