Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 321101 times)

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #2025 on: March 29, 2020, 04:35:23 pm »

Can anyone suggest some good multiplayer games that don't require good reflexes?

Divinity Original Sin games are okay, but they take ages to do anything in, and I'm not sure what else I have.

Me and 3 friends are actually running a full 4-man party DOS2 game these days, since we're all more or less confined to our homes anyway. It's a bit weird since the storyline pretty quickly sets you up as being potentially antagonistic towards each other but on Classic difficulty and above, you can't really do anything on your own unless you're full of cheese. Also, I don't think there's enough XP to really go around if you play as 4 separate adventurers instead of 1 party. Regardless, we're having fun.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: March 29, 2020, 04:48:07 pm »

Can anyone suggest some good multiplayer games that don't require good reflexes?

Anything in the turn-based strategy genre? I've put some time into Wesnoth recently.

Factorio is also quite an experience and people with different styles can also play together.

Overcooked is 2-4 (technically 1, but... good luck) and requires being fast and organized, but isn't reflex-based. Even my sister who complains that the Lego platformers are too twitchy is fine with it. Which I also don't understand since she manages to play Dark Souls 3 when I can't pass the first boss...
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Deratigo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: March 30, 2020, 05:43:20 am »

Anything in the turn-based strategy genre?

XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Civilization V are my favorite ones

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: March 30, 2020, 08:46:14 am »

Anything in the turn-based strategy genre? I've put some time into Wesnoth recently.
I love Wesnoth, It is one of my favorite games. I have put nearly a thousand hours into that game. The War of the Gods era and ageless Era are great for multiplayer.
For other games:
Age of Wonders 3 is a great turn based game. For individual battles you zoom in and control each individual unit in a turn based mini game that is well put together. On the World map it plays sort of like civilization but with magic. You have hero units which level up and can be customize. It has a pretty good campaign mode too. 
Good graphics, great gameplay, Good multiplayer, and a decent story.

Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 4 are pretty good. They have a great plot and realy interesting gameplay nd framing. Valkyria Chronicles 2 only real selling point for me is the multiplayer. But unless you know other people who also like the game it is not well set up.

Warbands: Bushido is a pretty good free turn based strategy game on steam. It has no real plot, but it plays well. Each unit has it's own place in the turn order. You can move attack and use a card to boost some aspect. I usually prefer wesnoth. But, sometime I just feel like playing this game instead.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: March 30, 2020, 09:30:29 am »

I believe Aoi was recommending TBS games as a response to Iduno's query, not asking for recommendations.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: March 30, 2020, 11:17:55 am »

I looking for a game centere around statuse effect/postion manipulation into the breach style.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: March 30, 2020, 07:21:42 pm »

I looking for a game centere around statuse effect/postion manipulation into the breach style.

Have you looked at Urtuk: The Desolation?

In a nutshell, it's a tRPG of the Battle Brothers ilk, but there's much more emphasis on combos and CC... most maps have 'kill zones', which are some flavor of instant death to enter, like getting knocked into a chasm.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: March 31, 2020, 03:57:16 am »

I'm looking for a single player space trading/combat game, preferably the one which can run on a toaster and the one which is not X3 Reunion/Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude. Can anyone advise me anything?

Evochron Legacy is way too wonky and complex for me (noped the moment I saw the ship upgrade screen), and older X2: The Threat is one of those games which I can't stand because of awful visual design work of everything (other than that, it's perfectly fine). I've tried Oolite - it's barebones and hardcore as shit, but that's expected for a fan remake of an 80s game.
I already completed Freelancer many years ago, and also played through the very arcadey PC port of Galaxy on Fire 2 - I enjoyed both games very much.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 04:03:35 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: March 31, 2020, 04:25:07 am »

I'm looking for a single player space trading/combat game, preferably the one which can run on a toaster and the one which is not X3 Reunion/Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude. Can anyone advise me anything?

Evochron Legacy is way too wonky and complex for me (noped the moment I saw the ship upgrade screen), and older X2: The Threat is one of those games which I can't stand because of awful visual design work of everything (other than that, it's perfectly fine). I've tried Oolite - it's barebones and hardcore as shit, but that's expected for a fan remake of an 80s game.
I already completed Freelancer many years ago, and also played through the very arcadey PC port of Galaxy on Fire 2 - I enjoyed both games very much.

you may want to try starsector. its a space trading/combat game but there is the ability to found colonies for yourself. its also very moddable, with plenty of great mods available on the starsector forums.

theres space pirates and zombies, both 1 and 2, but these are more combat focused and rather unique; in both games zombies will begin to spread and the existing factions will try to fight them. the 2nd game has a make your own faction mechanic.

theres endless sky, which is a 2d space trading/combat game where you can build up your own ship and then your own fleet. its free on steam with a higher dpi dlc for double sized, higher detailed sprites.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 04:29:02 am by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: March 31, 2020, 04:52:47 am »

Got any recommendations that could run on a crappy laptop - no mouse? Any genre is pretty okay and I don't mind playing old games with clumsy interfaces. Just looking for something new outside my usual.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: March 31, 2020, 05:04:20 am »

You could try the STALKER games, I can play them with the touch pad and they don't seem to be that resource intensive, and if you want a free one you could go for Lost Alpha.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

mko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: March 31, 2020, 05:56:58 am »

Got any recommendations that could run on a crappy laptop - no mouse? Any genre is pretty okay and I don't mind playing old games with clumsy interfaces. Just looking for something new outside my usual.
Nethack or one of its variants?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: March 31, 2020, 06:24:30 am »

If we're suggesting roguelikes I'll mention DoomRL and Angband.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: March 31, 2020, 06:42:37 am »

Might as well mention Sil if Angband is in. It's a more lore-friendly - and harder - fork of Angband.

Otherwise, maybe try some Freebird Games VNs if you haven't already, if those are your thing.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: March 31, 2020, 07:58:47 am »

If we're suggesting roguelikes I'll mention DoomRL and Angband.

DoomRl is great. Tropico 4 runs surprisingly well on my laptop. Also, Death Road to Canada, or most things off Itch.io (including circadian dice, the newest hottness).
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 179