Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 320783 times)

Mkok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #2550 on: September 22, 2022, 05:48:25 am »

Alternatively, are there maybe some remakes out there? Or games copying the gameplay in spirit, if not necessarily verbatim?

wasnt there recently a game Grand Theft Horse?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: September 22, 2022, 06:19:33 am »

Alternatively, are there maybe some remakes out there? Or games copying the gameplay in spirit, if not necessarily verbatim?
As far as GTA-likes go, Retro City Rampage DX has a lot of the same gameplay, while being even more bonkers. I think I got it in a bundle.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: September 22, 2022, 06:33:40 am »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: September 22, 2022, 08:06:14 am »

Maybe this link ?
https://archive.org/details/rockstar-classics
That works. Hopefully no viruses were installed in the process.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: September 22, 2022, 10:21:48 am »

Edited: Oh wow I'm an idiot
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 11:18:43 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: September 22, 2022, 11:06:06 am »

It looks to me a ".com.ua" instead of a ".com" or a ".ua" sounds a bit fishy, though i could be wrong.
virustotal is a usually good thing to try in those uncertain cases when the download isn't too big (their llimit for testing is 650mb) , so i threw the gta2 installer from the archive.org download that i previously linked to check :

looks like someone already submitted that file 4 days ago already from what i read in the details
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/0cd380498dfbe62448d56aaddd3e36593cfda324aa8a3972b06a02d015b083a0

So it should be safe

« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 11:08:14 am by Robsoie »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: September 22, 2022, 11:22:02 am »

Yikes yeah, sorry.  I was on mobile and it looked just a page I used last year which worked fine.  I don't know what the exe in that archive does, it could just be a gta2 installer but I haven't checked it out.  So I've removed the link.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: September 22, 2022, 12:18:25 pm »

Yeah, Rolan. That one was what I meant by dodgy Ukrainian download.

Any way, I've forgotten how much fun GTA2 was.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: September 22, 2022, 09:47:46 pm »

Maybe this link ?
https://archive.org/details/rockstar-classics
That works. Hopefully no viruses were installed in the process.
For what it's worth, as far as I'm aware archive.org is fairly legit; they're the Wayback Machine folks, and an actual archival non-profit that's been operating out in the open for a couple decades now. You do want to do some diligence before doing anything with their stuff (there's moderation, and they try to stick to legal material, but uploads are also done by whoever cares to sign up, so things can slip through), but as such things go they're more reliable than your average abandonware site or whatev'. Their software collection's relatively anemic, though -- their big mojo outside the internet archival stuff is in text and music.

E: Though, uh, be careful if you go wandering around anything with images involved (e.g. the comic books section). There's a decent pile of NSFW material in there, too.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 10:00:08 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: October 28, 2022, 06:33:27 am »

Sorry if it's necromancy.

I am looking for a game about balancing political interests while still forgathering your own goal, trying too keep no one too pissed at you to knock you down while still reaching your own goal.

Thought about asking here because Victoria 3 doesn't work  on my computer, not sure why but that not important, and from my memory of playing Victoria 2, it wasn't particularly the focus, but that was long ego so if you have a country where this is the focus I will be interested.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: October 28, 2022, 07:26:26 am »

Crusader Kings 2 or 3?

2's base game is available for free, so you can see if the gameplay interests you (and if it'll run on your computer) - 3 is pretty much the same game, but prettier.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: October 28, 2022, 09:24:51 am »

I have ck2, I like it but it doesn't feel like what I am looking for,  at some point it's too easy to just either murder conspirators or just set up big enough army and economy to beat them if they rebel, although if you can suggest a mod for that it would be nice
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 12:31:36 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: October 28, 2022, 04:37:55 pm »

I am looking for a game about balancing political interests while still forgathering your own goal, trying too keep no one too pissed at you to knock you down while still reaching your own goal.

Thought about asking here because Victoria 3 doesn't work  on my computer, not sure why but that not important, and from my memory of playing Victoria 2, it wasn't particularly the focus, but that was long ego so if you have a country where this is the focus I will be interested.

The New Angeles game from Fantasy Flight is good for that (it's a cooperative game that gives each player end-game win conditions so you need to compete), but it's out of print.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: October 29, 2022, 01:50:06 am »

Have a look at Suzerain, though that one's perhaps closer to a CYOA visual novel than a game.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: October 30, 2022, 04:49:22 pm »

look interesting, thanks
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 179