Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179]

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 321084 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #2670 on: November 04, 2023, 08:47:39 pm »

I played cookie clicker for a while, before I found out offline gains are only available several months into playing the game. It was mildly amusing up until that.

Are there any good clickers/idle games that don't require a 24-hour connection?
I don't generally enjoy clickers, but tried a demo of something called Microcivilization. Demo is all there is yet. It was fun, but (and because, imo) it's more like a cross between clickers and a more roguelite-y game. The basic mechanics are there, with buying autoclickers etc., but you're meant to actually do some shit, and as far as I could gauge the intent it's meant to be played in short sessions to completion rather than to play itself while you're afk for days on end.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: November 04, 2023, 09:44:04 pm »

Some idle/incremental games that I'm fond of:

Your Chronicle
Evolve
The First Alkahistorian
NGU Idle

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: November 06, 2023, 12:06:17 pm »

Picked up The Perfect Tower II again for some reason. Has a lot of different active play mechanics, and a pretty decent offline progression: stuff does progress while the game is closed(up to a week), and every second the game is closed also adds to an amount of time you can use for immediate gains during Idle mode(where you gain town resources based on how much progress in the main tower-defense game), again up to a week.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179]