Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 321171 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #1590 on: January 28, 2018, 05:04:20 am »

Is nier automata worth the 60 bucks on steam or nah?

Helllla late, but I've heard pretty much exclusively good things about it and the OST is to die for.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 28, 2018, 12:59:30 pm »

Helllla late, but I've heard pretty much exclusively good things about it and the OST is to die for.

Most excellent, thank you.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 28, 2018, 01:23:37 pm »

Most excellent, thank you.

Having played it I would say: get it. It's worth the 60, both in playtime and quality.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 28, 2018, 01:58:24 pm »

There any good games set in the 1600s? I've played Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword and Europa Universalis, but that's it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 28, 2018, 02:44:17 pm »

There any good games set in the 1600s? I've played Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword and Europa Universalis, but that's it.
Empire: Total War?  And Napolean: Total War.  To be blunt Empire Total War is just OK, and I never played Napolean.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 28, 2018, 03:57:39 pm »

Empire: Total War?  And Napolean: Total War.  To be blunt Empire Total War is just OK, and I never played Napolean.
Also if you're nitpicky, Empire starts in 1700, and Napoleon starts with Napoleon.

There's a Slitherine strategy game called the Thirty Years War, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, so I can't say if its good or not.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 28, 2018, 05:14:27 pm »

Oh wait, duh.  Assassin's Creed 2 and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.

Assassin's Creed 2 is more 1400s granted (But it has some of that EU4 feel since its set in the Renaissance), and I don't know when Black Flag is set but the weapons tech is about right.    There are other Assassin's Creed games set closer to that time period but those two are the ones that I've played and they're considered high points for the series.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 28, 2018, 05:29:45 pm »

It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but at the expense of scope and moddability, Napoleon: TW is definitely the most polished and fun of the musket-centric TWs. Despite what I just said, there are actually some quality mods for it which are awesome--do recommend if you're after musket warfare.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 28, 2018, 06:00:31 pm »

Cossacks(1 and 3 are basically the same game on different engines) are set in the 1600s-1700s. Specifically, you can research advancing to the 18th Century(or disable that research in the game options).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 28, 2018, 07:13:11 pm »

Is there an American Football game out there where you can design your own plays?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 28, 2018, 10:35:35 pm »

Oh wait, duh.  Assassin's Creed 2 and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.

Assassin's Creed 2 is more 1400s granted (But it has some of that EU4 feel since its set in the Renaissance), and I don't know when Black Flag is set but the weapons tech is about right.    There are other Assassin's Creed games set closer to that time period but those two are the ones that I've played and they're considered high points for the series.
I've played the first three games and downloaded Black Flag for free--Ubisoft had a giveaway a month ago or so--but I'm currently waiting on a sale to pick up Revelations and 3 before I play 4. I'm told the story kind of falls apart after III, but I feel like I shouldn't jump games anyway.

IIRC 2 is like 1479-1499, Brotherhood is 1499-1508 or so if you count the final boss, and Revelations is apparently 1512 (with sequences in the Middle Ages.) I know 3 is set during the American Revolution, and the Steam page for 4 tells me it's 1715, so that's pretty close, I suppose.
Cossacks(1 and 3 are basically the same game on different engines) are set in the 1600s-1700s. Specifically, you can research advancing to the 18th Century(or disable that research in the game options).
Hmm, I might have to look into those. Not sure about Age of Empires -esques, but could be interesting.
It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but at the expense of scope and moddability, Napoleon: TW is definitely the most polished and fun of the musket-centric TWs. Despite what I just said, there are actually some quality mods for it which are awesome--do recommend if you're after musket warfare.
Not quite the period I was after, but I do have an interest in the Napoleonic wars, so I'll definitely look into it.
There's a Slitherine strategy game called the Thirty Years War, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, so I can't say if its good or not.
Oooh, now this is something. Will definitely consider this one. Thanks!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: January 29, 2018, 11:41:59 am »

Anno 1602 is a building/simulation game, it is fairly dated though.

Expeditions: Conquistadors is a turn based RPG, I own it but haven't played it yet. It seems to be fairly well received on steam.

Last one I can think of that wasn't mentioned is Side Meier's Pirates! It's an okay game, a bit shallow and repetitive but still fun.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 30, 2018, 03:19:43 pm »

There's always Imperialism 2, one of the best TBS games of all times, starts in 1502 and goes through till 1800 if I remember correctly.  It's on GOG these days.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: February 17, 2018, 11:12:57 pm »

Can someone recommend me a castle building game? Specifically if it has some kind of defense mode? Castle Story is kind of meh. I'm looking for anything at this point, even an MC mod.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: February 21, 2018, 02:10:33 pm »

Are there any good newish basebuilding games? I'm bored and I'm looking for a basebuilding game that's kinda like factorio, except funner with more things to do, and I don't want to be forced to fight enemies if I don't want to. Also, I don't want something with zombies, or a minecraft clone. Also not so linear or 'base almost exclusively goes to research'. I'd also like something which has exploration involved, or at least makes exploration fun or interesting.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 02:19:34 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 179