Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 179

Author Topic: The "Recommend me a game" thread  (Read 318421 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Recommend me a game" thread
« Reply #1830 on: March 10, 2019, 07:56:18 am »

Looking for bad role playing games, preferably made before 2000 or so.  Console or PC but not browser based stuff.
There's Quest 64 for the Nintendo 64. It's just bland and boring.

For an even more obscure Nintendo 64 RPG, there's Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage. Featuring character permadeath, open-ish world design, both turn based as well as tactical movement during combat encounters, a flexible multiclassing system, and among one of the buggiest games you'll ever play.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #1831 on: March 22, 2019, 12:51:52 pm »

I normally get tired of these or distracted, but I find myself wanting to play one of those web-based incremental management games. Sorta like the global economic simulator or the empire builders where you can only really do a few things per day. Unfortunately, I've forgotten their names. Anyone currently playing something that fits this bill?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: March 22, 2019, 12:56:44 pm »

I normally get tired of these or distracted, but I find myself wanting to play one of those web-based incremental management games. Sorta like the global economic simulator or the empire builders where you can only really do a few things per day. Unfortunately, I've forgotten their names. Anyone currently playing something that fits this bill?

The best one:  http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #1833 on: March 22, 2019, 01:12:42 pm »

The best one:  http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/

Oh I should have mentioned I'm thinking more of those "MMO" style ones where you interact with a large community. Start on a tile, expand, form alliances, etc. Or you run a country, or you run a business. I can't quite remember any of the names. Also, paperclips is the best and I'm like 3/2 after finding it again recently.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: March 22, 2019, 01:22:05 pm »

Oh right, I misunderstood.  I don't know a lot of those sorry!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: March 22, 2019, 02:31:35 pm »

Earth20...25? And whatever site hosted that hosted a bunch of others, but I don't know if the host itself is still around. Swirve?

Might be a place to start with google.

I think I've seen a thread or two about a couple empire-building browser games in this forum.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: March 26, 2019, 01:32:20 am »

Any games out there where you can play a character with literally hundreds of skills that can be trained? Something along the lines of "you can experience the entire world if you play a few dozen times".

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: March 26, 2019, 01:35:58 am »

Any games out there where you can play a character with literally hundreds of skills that can be trained? Something along the lines of "you can experience the entire world if you play a few dozen times".
F.A.T.A.L
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: March 26, 2019, 02:01:16 am »

F.A.T.A.L
Fantasy Adventure to Adult Lechery, described as "the Date Rape RPG... without the dating". Sounds like it checks out!

While their page is down, it's still available via Internet Archive: http://web.archive.org/web/20030420125511/http://www.hyperbooks.com/fatal/fatal.pdf

(I am also tremendously disappointed that I misread a line, not that the line is really weird: "The anakim has skin that radiates heat fromfor one foot.")
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: May 14, 2019, 08:39:16 pm »

Looking for a team management game with in depth squad/equipment/etc. customization. Think Battle Brothers, Freeman, or maybe like Kenshi or something.

Any recommends?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: May 14, 2019, 11:37:06 pm »

I would recommend any MMO that has a species/faction structure like World of Warcraft, including WoW itself. The only way you're going to see every early game zone (at least when you're at the appropriate level for the content) is to make many, many characters.

There's also roguelikes like NetHack, where the simple number and variety of mechanics means that you're very unlikely to experience every possible interaction unless you spoil it for yourself.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: May 15, 2019, 05:37:54 am »

Looking for a team management game with in depth squad/equipment/etc. customization. Think Battle Brothers, Freeman, or maybe like Kenshi or something.

Any recommends?

stellar tactics ?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: May 15, 2019, 08:10:41 am »

Wurm {Unlimited,Online} has about a hundred. It's not a game for everyone, though, and some are of debatable usefulness like Yoyo, Archaeology (and sub-skills), and (if on a PvE server or solo) Lockpicking and Stealing.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: June 02, 2019, 11:42:55 am »

Earth20...25? And whatever site hosted that hosted a bunch of others, but I don't know if the host itself is still around. Swirve?

Might be a place to start with google.

I think I've seen a thread or two about a couple empire-building browser games in this forum.

Utopia Online was the main one similar to Earth 2025. It's still around.

It's not an online game, but I highly recommend Capitalism II for some fun business empire gaming.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: June 02, 2019, 01:45:36 pm »

There's kittensgame too.

And for another financial empire game, check out Wall Street Raider http://www.roninsoft.com/

The Capitalism guys have a new version alas only from their site, "Capitalism Lab".  It looks pretty good but I'm hoping for a sale while I play stuff from my backlog.  Capitalism II goes on sale on GOG pretty frequently.

For the guy who wanted equipment management, check out some of the fan-mods to the old Jagged Alliance 2 - like "v1.13".  I love the merc's personalities, especially the cheap guys have some hilarious lines.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 179