Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like more of or to see improved?

Combat.
- 2 (20%)
Roleplay.
- 2 (20%)
Details.
- 1 (10%)
Plot/Intrigue
- 4 (40%)
Other.
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 07, 2014, 10:09:51 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 71

Author Topic: "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread. The GM has his shit together. Somewhat.  (Read 52913 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: DnD 3.5 PBP "The Filth of Kalgena" OOC thread.
« Reply #180 on: December 31, 2013, 05:01:21 am »

Will try to post at greater length later. Will also try to do background later.

No one answered what planar languages might be useful? I don't know what they are, really, and also don't know why my character would know them instead of general humanoid languages.

Also, would it help if we included the now awesomely famous marching orders - i.e. our general reactions to combat etc to speed up encounters?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 31, 2013, 08:47:56 am »

Your most common planar languages are Ignan (Fire), Auran (Air), Terran (Earth), and Hydran (Water), along with Infernal (Devils), Abyssal (Demons), and Celestial (Angels). Some races gain some of these as bonus languages.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 31, 2013, 10:26:05 am »

No one answered what planar languages might be useful? I don't know what they are, really, and also don't know why my character would know them instead of general humanoid languages.

My character will speak in tongues, so I wouldn't worry too much about taking strange languages.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 31, 2013, 03:07:31 pm »

Sorry to double post, but I think the mechanical part of my sheet is about done. I just need to think of a second feat. If somebody wants to help me double check for mistakes or glaring omissions, that would be much appreciated.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=748536

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 31, 2013, 03:21:09 pm »

Take a shield feat, maybe? Or Toughness?

You might want to take a ranged weapon, as well.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 31, 2013, 05:56:34 pm »

I would probably drop the Healing Domain, personally(you can spontaneously convert spells to heal spells. You should basically never prepare healing spells). Not sure what for, since I'm not completely sure what type of Cleric you're going for. Metamagic feats are usually good, and Persistent spell works well with the buffs Clerics get.

I always look at the various handbooks and such floating around the internet as a guide and idea giver for what I could go with. This is one I found for cleric.

If you plan on having any metamagic feats, Divine Metamagic.

Otherwise, really up to you. Any of the Devotion feats would be helpful, especially to a cleric. Protection, Animal, and Knowledge come to mind immediately. Although I have Protection Devotion anyway, so.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 31, 2013, 08:39:16 pm »

Zako, are you ready to go, or should we continue without you?

I hate spell check.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 10:39:30 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 31, 2013, 08:40:31 pm »

Zamora, are ready to go, or should we continue without you?
I fail to comprehend the meaning of this query.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 31, 2013, 08:48:18 pm »

I was asking if Zako was prepared to participate. I forgot the word 'you'. It has been fixed.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 31, 2013, 11:19:30 pm »

Almost ready. Just gotta write my backstory and finish a little adjustment to my inventory, and I should be good!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 01, 2014, 11:57:20 pm »

Just double posting to say that I'm done! Go ahead and check my sheet for inaccuracies.

Also, can you put a link to the OOC in the IC thread? That way, both threads will be linked together and we can go back and forth between them easier without having to search the forum for them.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 01, 2014, 11:58:06 pm »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 02, 2014, 12:02:59 am »

I have also just finished: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=748536

Oh yes, you can also forgo domains for Devotion feats.

And you should get Divine Metamagic(and possibly Divine Might at some point) when you can.

No flaws, I see. :p Perhaps it's for the best that our tier 1 class user isn't optimizing much.

Actually, it's really kinda nice; The Tier 5 class is bordering on munchkinning(bordering, mind you, not doing so...yet. Wouldn't blame you much if you did though.), the Tier 1 class is thematically optimized, and the tier 3 class has pets stronger than the character. Mostly.

I could have made her a true Lockdown build, if I really wanted to, but meh. I'll get Thicket of Blades at some point.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 02, 2014, 12:05:58 am »

I have also just finished: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=748536

Oh yes, you can also forgo domains for Devotion feats.

And you should get Divine Metamagic(and possibly Divine Might at some point) when you can.

No flaws, I see. :p Perhaps it's for the best that our tier 1 class user isn't optimizing much.

Actually, it's really kinda nice; The Tier 5 class is bordering on munchkinning(bordering, mind you, not doing so...yet. Wouldn't blame you much if you did though.), the Tier 1 class is thematically optimized, and the tier 3 class has pets stronger than the character. Mostly.

I could have made her a true Lockdown build, if I really wanted to, but meh. I'll get Thicket of Blades at some point.
Hey, my goal for roleplaying reasons was to make a character who was good at punching things and only punching things :P.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 02, 2014, 12:19:35 am »

To tell the truth, I was kinda tempted to play a warblade again. They really are quite fun and they aren't too overpowered to boot!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 71