Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Concerning the automatic factories...

Have few types but with many possible functions for each.  The simpler option
- 38 (42.2%)
Have many different types that each takes a particular input, for long assembly lines
- 29 (32.2%)
Have many types, allow using the wrong ones, but using them correctly lets the items have quality levels
- 23 (25.6%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: [GNOME] - V0.78.2: Latest Patch: Couple of bugfixes  (Read 44526 times)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: [GNOME] - V0.74: Latest Patch: Crafting System, Equipment Revamped
« Reply #315 on: March 19, 2014, 10:27:50 am »

Now the manual dosent seem to explain what omniweapons do. They are not in the weapons category, so what do they do?
Basically they are giant clockwork swiss-army knives.  They have an attack from every basic melee weapon category as well as being able to fire crossbow bolts, but they are big and heavy.  Kind of underwhelming really.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 19, 2014, 10:47:14 am »

Now the manual dosent seem to explain what omniweapons do. They are not in the weapons category, so what do they do?
Basically they are giant clockwork swiss-army knives.  They have an attack from every basic melee weapon category as well as being able to fire crossbow bolts, but they are big and heavy.  Kind of underwhelming really.
Sounds great for traps but im guessing it will only act as a crossbow on them?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 19, 2014, 10:48:21 am »

Sounds great for traps but im guessing it will only act as a crossbow on them?
Hmm...I don't know.  Probably.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 19, 2014, 12:03:00 pm »

Found a bug (i think):
Im able to make Clockwork chainsaws in the forge for a couple of bars but im unable to make sabers.

EDIT: Found an other bug. The "Make a clockwork piston" reaction in the tinkerer makes an actuator.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:39:12 pm by Jaso11111 »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [GNOME] - V0.76: Latest Patch: Animal Armoring and a Cage-O-Matic
« Reply #319 on: March 19, 2014, 02:32:18 pm »

Next Patch (hey did someone skip 0.75 or something, I don't know...)
Animals can now be armored or healed at an Animal Care Area.  You will need 'adjustable armor' for this, which can be made in the forge.  Yes, you will need 4 boots to fully equip quadrupeds, and more if you want armored arthropods as well.  Animals must be trained for hunting or war before they can be equipped this way.
The automatic factories can now make more items, such as tools and trap components.
A new weapon has been added: the Cage-O-Matic.  It launches Cage-O-Matictm containment devices which turn into cages on impact with a creature and attempt to trap the target (you still have to tame them yourself though).  Larger creatures are harder to capture, but weakening the target first can improve your chance of success.  Even if you miss, you still get the cage back.  If you use this to capture wild animals, make sure to let them out after taming them so that you don't lose druidic merit.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 19, 2014, 02:56:50 pm »

Animals can now be armored or healed at an Animal Care Area.  You will need 'adjustable armor' for this, which can be made in the forge.  Yes, you will need 4 boots to fully equip quadrupeds, and more if you want armored arthropods as well.  Animals must be trained for hunting or war before they can be equipped this way.
The automatic factories can now make more items, such as tools and trap components.
A new weapon has been added: the Cage-O-Matic.  It launches Cage-O-Matictm containment devices which turn into cages on impact with a creature and attempt to trap the target (you still have to tame them yourself though).  Larger creatures are harder to capture, but weakening the target first can improve your chance of success.  Even if you miss, you still get the cage back.  If you use this to capture wild animals, make sure to let them out after taming them so that you don't lose druidic merit.
So you made Pokeballs?

arcturusthelesser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 19, 2014, 03:35:28 pm »

So you made Pokeballs?
Crap, ninja'd.
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 19, 2014, 04:06:23 pm »

So you made Pokeballs?
What!  How dare you accuse me of plagiarizing yeah they're pokeballs.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another update!  This is mainly a bugfix update.  Clockwork animals can be properly trained, some typos that were preventing capacitors from being used have been fixed up, some problems with the Thunder Forge have been solved.  As for new features, you can now equip your animals and robots with weaponized turret armor.  Be careful, though, certain weapons can be hazardous to the wielder.  For example, don't give a firejet turret to a creature unless it is fireproof.  There are also self-destructing breastplates for those of you who like kamikaze tactics.  Be warned that equipping them on living creatures will hurt your druidic merit, so save them for your robots.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn, I just... don't know what to say anymore :o
I have never wanted my current fort to just die this bad, so I can try the gnome next :D.
Keep up your extremely awesome work Indigo

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, this is still going amazingly. I also heard that everybody currently timetravels a bit randomly. ;)

That cage launcher... damn awesome. I guess babysnatching civs would love them
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another update!  This is mainly a bugfix update.  Clockwork animals can be properly trained, some typos that were preventing capacitors from being used have been fixed up, some problems with the Thunder Forge have been solved.  As for new features, you can now equip your animals and robots with weaponized turret armor.  Be careful, though, certain weapons can be hazardous to the wielder.  For example, don't give a firejet turret to a creature unless it is fireproof.  There are also self-destructing breastplates for those of you who like kamikaze tactics.  Be warned that equipping them on living creatures will hurt your druidic merit, so save them for your robots.
Please tell me i can attach a laser on a shark... 
Or a rocket launcher to a lion...
Or a gun to a bunny...

arcturusthelesser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Please tell me i can attach a laser on a shark... 
Or a rocket launcher to a lion...
Or a gun to a bunny...
Frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams on their frickin' heads!

Although note that that wouldn't even come close to working, except maybe on the mech shark.
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Currently the only animal weapons are fire (all 3 types), webs, and slade.  But it works with any animal provided it is trained for war...of course, since gnomes can train any pet for war, that means any pet.  I'm not sure if you could do it with a shark, but supposedly people have figured out ways of training fish so it might be doable.  Actually, the projectile cages might make that a bit easier...

Yes, this is still going amazingly. I also heard that everybody currently timetravels a bit randomly. ;)

That cage launcher... damn awesome. I guess babysnatching civs would love them

I think I fixed the timetravel bug (there was a bit left over from the testing phase in the druidism script, oddly enough).

Yeah the cage launcher is cool.  Someone's definitely going to want to revisit the idea of a pokemon mod after seeing the stuff that can be done with the druidism options.

(My current test fort's top soldiers are a team composed of an iron-armored wolf and mastiff duo, three jack rat ninjas, a kingsnake newbie, and a war-trained tuskox bull clad in the bones of his fallen enemies.  Well, mostly the tuskox bull, although I have to keep him separate most of the time or he'll start beating up the others.  They are trained by a one-handed veteran druid warrior.  The animal training system often causes the best animal trainer to be a high-level bare-handed fighter as well.)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [GNOME] - V0.77.1: Latest Patch: A few more bugfixes
« Reply #329 on: March 22, 2014, 04:36:10 pm »

Updated with a few small (but important) bugfixes related to automatic crafting item sizes.  Also made the arc furnace process ore straight to bars in a single step instead of having to go through it twice.  The first does not require a new worldgen, the second does.

EDIT: Fixed another bug with item melting in the arc furnace.  This does not require a new worldgen.

EDIT: Fixed the ammo melting bug in the arc furnace.  This does not require a new worldgen either.  Note that the arc furnace does not save up small amounts of metal like the regular smelter, so small items such as ammo will be lost, however, large items are melted down more efficiently.

EDIT: Fixed an animal armoring bug.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24