Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: LCS 4.12.37 Now With a Save Editor (And other flags... sort of)  (Read 51276 times)

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: LCS 4.12.37 Now With a Save Editor (And other flags... sort of)
« Reply #255 on: May 07, 2019, 09:15:38 pm »

To my knowledge the executable is built in the release directory, as well as all the .o and .obj files
v4.12.38\workspaces\Release
Sometimes it will instead place it in the \Debug directory, but currently \Debug and \Release are identicle.
Ages ago I actually... removed... Unix support to make it easier to build, and I'm not sure how much is left.  Only a little bit of the code depends on the differences, namely SDL and PDCurses, but ultimately that should be the same as it was with TerraVitae.

Well, there is no workspaces/Release directory in the link that I downloaded (which I believe was https://www.mediafire.com/file/c47oj5b1c57jlz1/LCS_v4.12.37.zip/file). There's a workspaces/ directory, but no Release/ subdirectory. Can you double-check?
Visual Studio creates the Release subdirectory upon building.
LCS 4.12.37 Custom NewGame, Edit Savefile!
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 09, 2019, 09:40:28 am »

Except when I open VS and run Build->Build Game, it says 'build successful', but there is no Release directory after I do this.

It also says this immediately after giving it the command, with no compiling time, which gives me the impression that it's not actually compiling anything (like it doesn't know what to compile). I still seem to be missing vector.h, btw.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 09, 2019, 06:58:27 pm »

All right, I have noticed another problem. If I mouse over the 'game' icon, it says the following:

"This project type is not supported by Visual Studio Community 2019 for Mac"

I'm not sure what this means. I try to create a new project and the options it gives me are .iOS and Android. Is it not possible to create an application for OSX using visual studio?

If so, then I don't believe I can compile the latest version of LCS from the source code that is available on Github.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #258 on: May 11, 2019, 07:11:17 am »

Except when I open VS and run Build->Build Game, it says 'build successful', but there is no Release directory after I do this.
"This project type is not supported by Visual Studio Community 2019 for Mac"
This reminds me of how much I hate Microsoft.

I don't think I can help you.  I'm going to fix the bugs in LCS, get a stable release with a test suite, and I'm going to cross that bridge when I come to it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 04:32:49 pm by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12.37 Custom NewGame, Edit Savefile!
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]