Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315897 times)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.0 released!)
« Reply #330 on: December 22, 2016, 11:54:06 am »

That's not quite true: saves from Windows do sometimes work on the Mac version, but not vice-versa. I suspect that it has something to do with the different end-of-line characters that Microsoft uses versus what Unix uses (Mac is Unix).

esran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 22, 2016, 12:57:26 pm »

does using unix2dos work?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 22, 2016, 08:13:04 pm »

So, I recruited the president twice, and had two of the same president. That doesn't seem right...

It's going to create bugs in other ways, too. I will try to fix that.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 27, 2016, 12:34:01 am »

I am trying to add movies.cpp and movies.h to the game now, but having some problems compiling as a reconfiguration of the make file causes compiler errors. I have isolated the problem to one file, Markup.cpp. I cannot find any connection of Markup.cpp to anywhere else in the LCS code, and am tempted to just remove it. Before I do that, though, are any of you aware of what its role might be/have been?

SchmittLenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 27, 2016, 01:01:47 am »

So, I recruited the president twice, and had two of the same president. That doesn't seem right...

Pretty sure you can do that even in vanilla LCS...
The Age of Nature was a time when Elves and trees (Pleonasm?) lived in peace; Fortunately, this age never happened.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 27, 2016, 08:14:29 pm »

I am trying to add movies.cpp and movies.h to the game now, but having some problems compiling as a reconfiguration of the make file causes compiler errors. I have isolated the problem to one file, Markup.cpp. I cannot find any connection of Markup.cpp to anywhere else in the LCS code, and am tempted to just remove it. Before I do that, though, are any of you aware of what its role might be/have been?

Well, I am unable to solve this problem. If I try to run ./configure, and then recompile using make, I get the following error message:

Code: [Select]
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_iconv", referenced from:
      TextEncoding::IConv(void*, int, int) in crimesquad-Markup.o
  "_iconv_close", referenced from:
      TextEncoding::CanConvert(MCD_CSTR, MCD_CSTR) in crimesquad-Markup.o
  "_iconv_open", referenced from:
      TextEncoding::CanConvert(MCD_CSTR, MCD_CSTR) in crimesquad-Markup.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[2]: *** [crimesquad] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

This means that I cannot add new files to the game. I can add functions to existing files, though, since I don't need to configure unless I edit the makefile. I will try to add the movies functions to monthly/tvrecord.cpp in the meantime, but if possible I would like to add a movies.cpp.

If anybody can fix this problem, please let me know. I tried to do some research, and uninstalled Macports - it did not help.

Edit:
New features in progress:
-In the process of adding marriage as a sleeper activity (recruit into LCS via seduction)
-If a liberal loses contact with the LCS, then his or her means of losing contact will be the same as that of his or her contact
-Added tornadoes to the list of obstacles that can be encountered in a car chase (just for fun)

Bugs fixed:
-Fixed a bug causing display issues with TV-added classes
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 05:54:35 pm by SlatersQuest »

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 28, 2016, 02:39:14 pm »

The new makefile wants libiconv ( https://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/ ) .  I would have to check details on how to specify that for configure.

Rakeela

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 10, 2017, 05:50:42 pm »

I had some adventures trying to compile this for windows myself.  The first one is helpful enough that I want to share it!  The compiler spat out a Fatal Error C1061 on the first attempt (just a blind build-hopelly attempt) and pointed to the stringconversion.cpp where there was a great deal of if/elseif code.  The thing is, each of the elseifs have a return after them, so the expression doesn't need the elses.

short creaturetype_string_to_enum(const std::string& ctname)
{
if (ctname == "CREATURE_BOUNCER")
      return CREATURE_BOUNCER;
   else if (ctname == "CREATURE_SECURITYGUARD")
      return CREATURE_SECURITYGUARD;
   else if (ctname == "CREATURE_SCIENTIST_LABTECH")
      return CREATURE_SCIENTIST_LABTECH;
   else if (ctname == "CREATURE_SCIENTIST_EMINENT")
      return CREATURE_SCIENTIST_EMINENT;
   else if (ctname == "CREATURE_CORPORATE_MANAGER")
      return CREATURE_CORPORATE_MANAGER;
   else if (ctname == "CREATURE_CORPORATE_CEO")
      return CREATURE_CORPORATE_CEO;

The above functions identically to...

short creaturetype_string_to_enum(const std::string& ctname)
{
   if (ctname == "CREATURE_BOUNCER")
      return CREATURE_BOUNCER;
   if (ctname == "CREATURE_SECURITYGUARD")
      return CREATURE_SECURITYGUARD;
   if (ctname == "CREATURE_SCIENTIST_LABTECH")
      return CREATURE_SCIENTIST_LABTECH;
   if (ctname == "CREATURE_SCIENTIST_EMINENT")
      return CREATURE_SCIENTIST_EMINENT;
   if (ctname == "CREATURE_CORPORATE_MANAGER")
      return CREATURE_CORPORATE_MANAGER;
   if (ctname == "CREATURE_CORPORATE_CEO")
      return CREATURE_CORPORATE_CEO;

The else if version made the compiler choke.  The if version... still didn't compile, because there were other issues, but at least the compiler got past that sticking point.  I couldn't figure any of the other errors out.  I'm not really a programmer.  I hope work continues on the windows port.  I'll go over the code and post things that I find in hopes of finding something that helps.  No promises.  Still not a programmer.

Removing them is an annoying little task, so here's a copy of stringconversion.cpp with (what I believe to be) unnecessary else statements removed.  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxgzjpxsul11V01QVjk2dlVndk0

Update:
While playing the game (I am glad there is a windows port!) I have had many crashes and glitches during the "insidious corruption" phase.  None of the corruption phases seem to work right.  There also don't seem to be any Stalinists in office as a result of them, although I see them referred to in the insidious corruption code as what non-elite liberals ought to be ossifying into.

Update 2:
Of course there were no Stalinists...  I turned them off.  It didn't occur to me that they might be important, but I can see the relevance given the NEC.  I'm not sure the mod handles that configuration well, though.

Update 3:
I have persisted through crashes to get that save to a point where it is on the brink of victory via elite liberalism.  I think it may also be on the brink of failure via wilderness collapse.  The mafia declared war on me in the most impressive multisite raiding that I've ever seen in this game, and while I was burning down their mansions in retaliation the CCS crushed the whatchams out of the wilderness and started burning it all down.  It's a bit of a race condition.  I'd love to see how it comes out - there've been some excellent hard-fought battles - but the crashing has gotten too bad.  I'm starting to wonder if the win and lose conditions might be broken.  Time to start over.  I need to be more on top of the CCS...  They've never gotten away from me like that before.

Update 4: 
It appears that turning the Stalinists on fixed the insidious corruption effect in the mechanical sense, but the process is still visually glitchy.  The Senate corruption effect is especially glitchy as hitting 'next key' appears to paste another copy of the event under the current copy.  This happens again when 'next key' is hit again.  After that the next few keypresses do nothing, but then after a few more the month continues processing.

Update 5:
I just had a crash when a character with superpowers attacked some gang members who attacked her while she was exercising.  I tried to reproduce it, and the same thing happened, but this time and on all further reproduction attempts it got one frame farther before crashing (it got as far as showing that the attack missed or hit and did nothing, which is the only range of outcomes I've gotten; this mutant's stats are minimal). 

There's also been a lot of "ActivityAthletics: Crime 9 has not been defined!" during all the exercising.  I had seen that before, but it only just occurred to me to report it.

uPDATE 6:
I've discovered that I can't see which city my liberals are being held in.  It just says "Police Station," which is somewhat less helpful than it should be.  On a related note, there's a lot of Native American Cis running around at high L, and a few Native American Shs, too.  Same display box length issue.

Also, prisons seem to be bugged.  The down stairs always spawn in a wall, making them inaccessible for the return trip.  You can never leave alive once you enter the second floor...  Real bummer for the liberal who got sentenced to death for loitering.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:09:38 pm by Rakeela »
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the blood god, for it is a dwarven number.  It's number is five-hundred and eighty nine.
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=53222.0

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #338 on: January 12, 2017, 03:58:05 pm »

I had some adventures trying to compile this for windows myself.  The first one is helpful enough that I want to share it!  The compiler spat out a Fatal Error C1061 on the first attempt (just a blind build-hopelly attempt) and pointed to the stringconversion.cpp where there was a great deal of if/elseif code.  The thing is, each of the elseifs have a return after them, so the expression doesn't need the elses.
The else if version made the compiler choke.  The if version... still didn't compile, because there were other issues, but at least the compiler got past that sticking point.  I couldn't figure any of the other errors out.  I'm not really a programmer.  I hope work continues on the windows port.  I'll go over the code and post things that I find in hopes of finding something that helps.  No promises.  Still not a programmer.

Removing them is an annoying little task, so here's a copy of stringconversion.cpp with (what I believe to be) unnecessary else statements removed.  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxgzjpxsul11V01QVjk2dlVndk0
I had the same problem.  It was... a pain.  then there are the linker errors, which requires a few changes, and then there's the changes to SDL for Visual Studio 2015, which requires recompiling of the external libraries.  I don't actually remember all the changes I had to make.
I can include my Visual Studio 2015 project in the next Windows release, which should make it relatively straight forward.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Rakeela

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 13, 2017, 12:12:30 pm »

My latest save seems to have gotten into a state where Superhuman Rights has popped off the scale to the left, lodging it in "Superheroes receive sensitivity training and promote liberal justice" in spite of the Conservative government still in power.  I wandered around the plaza for a while and saw no superheroes, though I did spot two conservative superpowered criminals.

Having that Visual Studios project would be nice, thank you.
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the blood god, for it is a dwarven number.  It's number is five-hundred and eighty nine.

dhthwy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 14, 2017, 05:52:01 pm »

The "else if" clauses aren't going to break it, and it makes sense to keep them. It must be something else, perhaps that other problem causing the compilation to fail.

Rakeela

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 15, 2017, 09:23:25 am »

The "else if" clauses aren't going to break it, and it makes sense to keep them. It must be something else, perhaps that other problem causing the compilation to fail.

A function can only return once.  There's no need to keep it trapped in a loop.  If any of the IF statements pass, it will return something and stop.  When they fail, it executes the next IF statement.  "Else if" is just an inefficient looping structure in this context, and Visual Studio 2015 directly tags that code as something it refuses to compile.

UPDATE:

I seem to have gotten a save into an unadvance-able condition on Terra Vitae material.  May it prove helpful in debugging.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxgzjpxsul11OER1WnBSSU5YNG8/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:30:10 pm by Rakeela »

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #342 on: January 16, 2017, 09:05:18 am »

It shouldn't break it, but it does.  Visual Studio 2015 has a limit of something like 128 elements in an if else chain, which is just enough to allow the vanilla game, but just insufficient for terra vitae.  It's arbitrary and weird, and it does make sense to keep them (a switch statement would be better, but C++ doesn't allow switches on string constants), but Visual Studio 2015 won't let it compile, even though the compiler SlatersQuest uses can compile it just fine.  This is what happens with thirty year old programming languages.

Note that, while the
if() return
if() return
method is equivalent, it is also more fragile.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Rakeela

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 16, 2017, 03:40:39 pm »

Here's a save where the Superhuman Rights issue popped off the wrong side of the map.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxgzjpxsul11TnBoTEFLV280Rk0/view?usp=sharing

Where do I go to shift public opinion on the Factory Farming issue?  Is that in the base game?  I don't recognize it, and I'm not sure what sites or activities it's affiliated with.

There also seem to be a number of crashing bugs that happen if you try to hug a tree.

I decided to make the "corporations are harvesting the wilderness" message go away by parking a group in the wilderness and blowing away anything that tried to attack the site for a while, but this didn't work.  It also seems to have caused the Wilderness map to glitch out.  Take a wander in the Wilderness as it has become, but mind the crazy heat on my battlesuit bards.  It turns out they're capable of blowing away a tank!  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxgzjpxsul11NEhhMUpEa0hQUjA/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:03:29 pm by Rakeela »

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: January 21, 2017, 11:03:27 am »

Has anyone kind enough uploaded a version of this already compiled for windows? I wouldn't know the first thing about compiling and it seems like a lot of people are having issues with it.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 57