Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315776 times)

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.0 released!)
« Reply #360 on: February 19, 2017, 05:03:34 pm »

What are some valid disguises for the injun reservation, and how exactly does "Conduct secret Terra Vitae mission" work? Do any stats or skills affect the chances of discovering a conspiracy? Also found another bug. I had two enlightened Agents I just recently recruited suddenly being unable to do the Secret Terra Vitae Mission after fighting off a siege.

Managed to have my Liberals actually discover a conspiracy, and sent them on a mission. The instant they return, the game crashes. Disbanding and waiting also causes a crash. Any way to save my game from crashing every single time by editing the save file or something?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 01:22:06 am by Taberone »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.0 released!)
« Reply #361 on: February 22, 2017, 07:17:01 pm »

I am going to have to delay the release a bit. Bugs are appearing left and right. I now do have a bug that never appeared before, though, which crashes when I try to seduce Vivian Pines (odd, it used to work...).

Edit, part 1: the Science, Computers, and Religion skills affect the odds of availing yourself of a secret mission. Each mission has a corresponding skill, and if any liberals are deemed fit then they can be sent. Liberals without the skill won't be deemed fit. Success or failure is then determined based on the skill itself, but it is dangerous.

I don't know why it's crashing, but lots of other things are crashing that didn't used to, so we'll see what happens. You can try sending me the save file and I will try to replicate the error.

Edit, part 2: all right, somebody who understands C++ better than me, help me out here: I am encountering a bug where the TV leader can be added to a date, but if she then leaves the date and is not liberalized, her data get scrambled. I believe it has to do with the delete_and_remove function in the date class when the date is deleted, but the UniqueCreature shouldn't be. Does this problem also exist with presidents and CEOs?

Edit, part 3: I have found and fixed one bug that prevented the TV leader from being able to be recruited at all while on vacation in single-city mode. I have discovered another bug - this is probably the bug that causes Taberone's game to crash when visiting Vivian Pines in her bed. What happens is that Vivian's data gets scrambled somehow after anything happens to her (in my case, I loveslaved her, then went back to her house after she had been loveslaved). However something similar happens if her house is closed down for some reason, e.g. by doing liberal biodiversity conservation on the trees in her front yard (which I should probably remove as that's not the point, but anything that closes down her house can have the same effect).

Edit, part 4: The bug causing the game to crash upon arriving at Vivian Pines' bed is a bug in the saving and loading of the game. Thus if you play the game without saving, it works properly, but data get scrambled during the save. I am working on fixing it now.

Edit, part 5: Bug found. The game was saving the data properly, but not loading the html script into variables properly. I also found out what you meant by the game crashing when you attack perusers during athletic activities - I assume you only mean gang members, because it works just fine if I use cops. I will work on fixing that now.

Edit, part 6: Bug found - the game is expecting there to be a news story about the gang member being shot, but of course there isn't one because the attackers are gangbangers, not cops. I will make a news story for this, but will do it tomorrow when I am not tired.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:55:53 am by SlatersQuest »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.1 released!)
« Reply #362 on: February 28, 2017, 06:54:57 pm »

Version 1.1 released!

Follow the link in the opening post

:)

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #363 on: March 01, 2017, 08:11:24 pm »

Windows Port (now with VS 2015 workspace file):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9b7xof5m39ik1ez/Terra+Vitae+1.1+For+Windows.zip

There is a problem with this port.  The file tvrecord.cpp has a function bzero(Movie, int) which is undeclared.  It is commented "House Cleaning".  I had to comment this line to get it to compile, and I do not know how significant this is.
Edit: Fixed.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 07:09:18 pm by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 02, 2017, 01:04:58 pm »

That's odd.

bzero() is a command in the standard C library routine that takes a number of bytes and sets their contents to zero. In this case, I give it the size of the class Movie, give it a pointer to the newly-created Movie, and then tell it to zero everything in the movie. This means that if something goes wrong as I edit the movie, it's because of something I did and not the whims of whatever data was there when the Movie was allocated from memory. I find it very strange that the Windows C compiler doesn't have it, but the same effect would be achieved by manually setting everything in the class to zero.

zaimoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 02, 2017, 01:09:51 pm »

bzero() is XOPEN C standard library, not ISO C standard library.  It is equivalent to a memset to 0 (and GCC deals with the MSVC C standard library by defining bzero in terms of memset).

esran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 04, 2017, 10:30:02 am »

In windows version 1.1, vivian pines house went under permanent siege. I could still continue as normal, but the siege never ended( I waited several months), and I couldn't travel to vivian pines house.
At the time I had not recruited vivian pines (though I had failed to several times) and I had accidentally shut down vivian pines house several times, provoking terrae vitae to attack me back. (for some reason they only sent unarmed college students)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 05, 2017, 11:27:28 am »

Thanks for the bug report. I have a fair idea of where those bugs are and will try to fix them. Was the siege a police siege or was it some other kind of siege?

Meanwhile, the next major version is going to include lobbies.

To summarize:

Lobbies are additional legislative bodies. Each lobby has one or a few laws that it cares about and legislates. Lobbies do not care about public opinion, or about any other laws. A sufficiently powerful lobby will be able to push legislation through regardless of who is in congress, but a weaker lobby will only be able to propose law changes.

Each lobby has a range of alignments that it can have. A lobby that gains enough liberal influence (see below) will shift to a more liberal alignment in that range if it can (i.e. there are more liberal alignments available), while a lobby that gains too little liberal influence will shift to a more conservative alignment if it can (ditto). A lobby that cannot shift will become weaker and less effective if the direction of the influence is counter to the alignment of the lobby.

Each lobby consists of one or more character classes. Any creature of one of those classes belongs to that lobby. Any given character classes can belong to any number of lobbies. This means that a character belonging to such a class belongs to every lobby that xer class does.

Lobbies gain liberal influence through any of the following:
-A lobby's members being recruited by the LCS (regardless of their original alignment)
-A lobby's conservative members being killed by the LCS in a site action (provided that the masses are not alienated)
-The LCS' sleepers of a lobby advocating liberalism (even for things like hippies that otherwise are useless as sleepers).
-If a character class cannot appear due to successful LCS activity (e.g. the laws are too liberal for death squads, or the CCS has been defeated), then the lobby will gain liberal influence for as long as this situation persists.

Lobbies gain conservative influence (identical to negative liberal influence) through any of the following:
-Members of the LCS who belong to said lobby dying or leaving the LCS (this effect is smaller than if they joined the LCS)
-Every lobby gains a small amount of conservative influence each month by default
-If a character class cannot appear due to unsuccessful or incomplete LCS activity (e.g. the CCS has not been formed yet), then the lobby will gain conservative influence for as long as this situation persists.

All lobbies will be defined in lobbies.txt which will be a tab-delineated text file located in the art/ folder. An instruction manual of how to edit your own lobbies, as well as several pre-built lists of lobbies inspired by stories from various other media (e.g. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, James Bond, etc.) will be included for quick use.

esran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 05, 2017, 02:46:58 pm »

Thanks for the bug report. I have a fair idea of where those bugs are and will try to fix them. Was the siege a police siege or was it some other kind of siege?
I believe it was some other kind of siege, although there doesn't seem to be any way to check, and I don't recall what kind of siege it was.
Looking through the gamelog.txt I think it was this: "Masses dissatisfied with Terra Vitae's lack of respect forChristian faith are storming the Vivian Pines' House!"

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 06, 2017, 04:01:08 am »

Meanwhile, the next major version is going to include lobbies.

It looks like a good idea.

Maybe, in hthe future, some of these lobbies might have additional faculties: for exemple corporations might have private militias ala Pinkerman and give funding and the Churches might lobby for the freedom of prisoners.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 07, 2017, 02:04:16 pm »

Maybe, in hthe future, some of these lobbies might have additional faculties: for exemple corporations might have private militias ala Pinkerman and give funding and the Churches might lobby for the freedom of prisoners.

What you are describing is a feature that I plan on giving factions, which I plan on adding after lobbies (technically lobbies are a kind of faction, but this will be the general case).  :)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #371 on: March 13, 2017, 02:38:55 pm »

Having a bit of a problem with films slowing an amount of time passage down to a crawl, is there anyway to disable their messages or flat out remove them?
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 19, 2017, 09:35:46 am »

Sorry for the late response - can you give me a little more detail? Have you disbanded and are waiting? I can make the message disappear when you aren't looking.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #373 on: March 19, 2017, 10:12:36 am »

It's essentially a slog both when I am disbanded and when I am doing any amount of long term projects (Clothes making for funds) to have just an extra prompt or five every day or so,  and yes, it is especially horrific when the LCS is disbanded due to the fact that everyone went to prison for unrelated reasons.

I think that either it should be reduced in chance by /alot/ or put somewhere where I can look back at it rather than shoving it in my face with a prompt where I'll toss it to the side.

side note, every single one of them has the producer praising Ronald Reagan like a god.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 19, 2017, 10:13:26 pm »

I have just made all of the movie messages subject to whether or not the LCS "can see things" (i.e. not disbanded, not in prison). That should fix the disbanded slog.

The only other time that you should get lots of messages is at the end of months. You actually probably want to read those.

The producer's political alignment depends on the inspiration for the movie. If they're inspired by LCS activity, then they'll be more liberal. AM Radio and Cable News, however, worship Ronald Reagan like a god, so movies inspired by them will be C+. (By the way, you can cut down on those movies by making AM Radio and Cable News less popular)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 57