Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 318445 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.1 released!)
« Reply #375 on: March 24, 2017, 06:38:52 am »

The link says "File not found."
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 25, 2017, 07:18:17 pm »

Had a bug. Even though we hadn't committed any crimes, us guitarists were persecuted by conservatives. We then surrendered to the first secuirity guard we saw. We then were treated as if we all committed crimes. I even got ratted out, even though no one committed crimes(well, not any of my men, any way).
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 29, 2017, 09:26:00 am »

Uh-oh. If the link is down, then Dwarf Fortress is down! I will keep an eye on it and if it's not back up in a week, I will try to find another solution.

Did you check to see what your guitarists' rap sheets were while in the police station? What you describe shouldn't have been possible, but there are ways to get flagged for crimes upon arrest.

edit: testing:

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=8634

Edit: okay, the above link works. For some reason the one in the opening post does not.

Edit: link is fixed. I don't know what happened, because I didn't do anything to it. In any case, it works now.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 09:28:14 am by SlatersQuest »

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 29, 2017, 09:17:14 pm »

Had a bug. Even though we hadn't committed any crimes, us guitarists were persecuted by conservatives. We then surrendered to the first secuirity guard we saw. We then were treated as if we all committed crimes. I even got ratted out, even though no one committed crimes(well, not any of my men, any way).

Playing music with the guitar is the same as attacking a Conservative as far as they are concerned, so they'll shoot you regardless just like in regular LCS. Conservatives aren't coded to have sane, rational responses to minor offenses like playing music or stealing stuff off the floor right in front of them, and will punish anything you do that is alarming by attacking.

Even if you don't have any crimes, your guitarists will still get charged with trespassing or disturbing the peace (not sure which one). Trespassing/disturbing the peace is for when they can't find anything else to pin on you.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:50:59 pm by Taberone »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 30, 2017, 09:48:24 am »

Loitering is when they can't find anything else to nail you with. However, if you're not wanted for anything, you shouldn't be able to break under police pressure and rat out your fellows, which makes me think you were flagged for something and didn't realize it. By knowing what that something was, I can tell you whether this was a bug or not.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 03, 2017, 08:01:44 am »

Hi,i've been playing this mod for couple of days now and i have a problem with the power/magic weapon and some encounters,
when i get a encounter with...something it crashes my game,and the same goes when i try to equip anyone with the power/magic,
any help?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 08, 2017, 09:20:25 am »

Your version is out of date. Download the new version.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 08, 2017, 07:37:31 pm »

i downoladed the version from the link on the first page
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 09, 2017, 10:53:04 pm »

That is very strange, because I just tested it and did not replicate your bug. You say that it crashes whenever somebody with superhuman powers uses said powers? That's identical to a bug that was in version 0.1, and I fixed it, and it's still fixed in the version I have on my computer.

Does your version include movies?

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 11, 2017, 07:28:02 am »

That is very strange, because I just tested it and did not replicate your bug. You say that it crashes whenever somebody with superhuman powers uses said powers? That's identical to a bug that was in version 0.1, and I fixed it, and it's still fixed in the version I have on my computer.

Does your version include movies?
yes,and heres what i got from the downolad https://gyazo.com/2db79f3f37c59a6461e7f383805bf38a?token=692ce63d1b73cbf8cd058db5ac897c4f

andresxdxd1

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Just some random guy who wants some fun playing ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 11, 2017, 06:18:55 pm »

Welp, got some problems.
1. A minor bug.. you can just see it on this image, besides the typo "inspired.spired":
2. Sometimes, when "massive" amount of movies get released my game crashes. Havent saw this behavior anymore when i formatted, but reporting it is important..
3. Even if my sleepers got a high chance (68%, for example) they get caught anyway when snooping around.. going to try laying low so i can get a higher chance..
4. When you go to the white house and there is a liberal president, he appears as a Conservative. (and when i try recruiting him on some sort, my game crashes lol)
5. When the "Judicial Branch" corruption happens, a movie text appears between the 4th and 5th member.
6. This. (my character name is "k")
7. Is normal that my safehouses got 2% heat and the CIA just comes in and attacks? its not fair..

And now, questions:

1. Can i "modify" the movies? im just getting heavy-attacked with stalinist movies and the house of representatives is going stalinist....
(btw, thinking about doing a wiki about the mod? or is already done? )
2. There isn't a way to help the TV office against attacks? not sure about this one lol
3. Seems like my Superpowered Criminal (oh yeah, he got a super hero costume)  can't get anything on the secret mission.. it needs to be a Agent or have some specific skill?
4. Last one: No way to kill the president, getting more liberals at the house of representatives or something else? all of my sleepers are just getting caught and most of them got low persuasion and percentage.. i think the "advocate liberalism" isnt going to work so much ;(
i love the LCS name generator.
http://i.imgur.com/RMgBGoz.png

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 11, 2017, 09:56:00 pm »

yes,and heres what i got from the downolad https://gyazo.com/2db79f3f37c59a6461e7f383805bf38a?token=692ce63d1b73cbf8cd058db5ac897c4f

All right, that is the most recent version. I have no idea what would be causing it. Unless - did you move or do anything to the art/ folder when you copied/installed the mod? Did you install it into an existing LCS install, or did you install it from scratch?

Welp, got some problems.
1. A minor bug.. you can just see it on this image, besides the typo "inspired.spired":
2. Sometimes, when "massive" amount of movies get released my game crashes. Havent saw this behavior anymore when i formatted, but reporting it is important..
3. Even if my sleepers got a high chance (68%, for example) they get caught anyway when snooping around.. going to try laying low so i can get a higher chance..
4. When you go to the white house and there is a liberal president, he appears as a Conservative. (and when i try recruiting him on some sort, my game crashes lol)
5. When the "Judicial Branch" corruption happens, a movie text appears between the 4th and 5th member.
6. This. (my character name is "k")
7. Is normal that my safehouses got 2% heat and the CIA just comes in and attacks? its not fair..

And now, questions:

1. Can i "modify" the movies? im just getting heavy-attacked with stalinist movies and the house of representatives is going stalinist....
(btw, thinking about doing a wiki about the mod? or is already done? )
2. There isn't a way to help the TV office against attacks? not sure about this one lol
3. Seems like my Superpowered Criminal (oh yeah, he got a super hero costume)  can't get anything on the secret mission.. it needs to be a Agent or have some specific skill?
4. Last one: No way to kill the president, getting more liberals at the house of representatives or something else? all of my sleepers are just getting caught and most of them got low persuasion and percentage.. i think the "advocate liberalism" isnt going to work so much ;(

Responses to bugs:
1. Already found and fixed that one for version 1.2. The typo isn't a bug; it's an overprint of a previous inspiration onto the current one.
2. Not sure, there were bugs here but I haven't replicated them. There was a bug that I did fix that did something like this, though, so it may have been the same bug.
3. The % chance of a sleeper getting caught is 100 minus the sleeper's infiltration chance. The sleeper has to have a juice of -2 or lower I believe to be caught, though; otherwise failing just means losing juice. This means that snooping is a dangerous activity for any low-juice sleeper from the standpoint of being caught. Of course you can just recruit more, but this is part of the balance of sleepers.
4. I will look into this, but there is a justifiable reason why he would appear conservative, just as Terra Vitae members and gang members appear conservative on their respective home turfs.
5. Can you give me a little more detail? There is a bug in this section that I've been trying to find, but I'm not sure if it's the same one.
6. Can you tell me what k is supposed to be doing instead?
7. Yes, it's possible, and part of the balance. The CIA (or any faction) can attack you at any positive heat - BUT you must also have done something to tick them off. For the CIA this is publishing secret documents or the Intelligence HQ data disk. You want to make sure you can withstand a siege from the appropriate faction before publishing things that will get them riled up.

Now, questions:

1. Not in version 1.1. Version 1.2 (in development) has several ways, however, all involving the movie studio. However, can you tell me what is inspiring the Stalinist movies? You can look at this when you get the movie inspiration message. Also, you can trigger your own movies through your own activity.
2. You can befriend Terra Vitae and then station liberals there to help defend it. Terra Vitae will get attacked by various enemies (including the CIA) without you doing anything to provoke them, though (TV already has provoked the CIA).
3. Each secret mission has a skill that determines who is effective at it and who isn't. What are you superpowered criminal's skills?
4. There is no current way to assassinate the members of the House, Senate, or Supreme Court, no (neither in this mod nor in vanilla LCS). I might add that in the future. If you use sleepers for dangerous activities, which includes snooping, then some of them will be caught and outed, no matter how good they are as sleepers. Advocating liberalism works for powerful sleepers like eminent scientists and other powerful conservatives, but generally not for others. Cable news anchor and radio personality sleepers are generally the most powerful for advocacy purposes. They don't stop the SCS, though, only AM Radio and Cable News, respectively.

andresxdxd1

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Just some random guy who wants some fun playing ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 11, 2017, 10:42:04 pm »

Responses to bugs:
1. Already found and fixed that one for version 1.2. The typo isn't a bug; it's an overprint of a previous inspiration onto the current one.
2. Not sure, there were bugs here but I haven't replicated them. There was a bug that I did fix that did something like this, though, so it may have been the same bug.
3. The % chance of a sleeper getting caught is 100 minus the sleeper's infiltration chance. The sleeper has to have a juice of -2 or lower I believe to be caught, though; otherwise failing just means losing juice. This means that snooping is a dangerous activity for any low-juice sleeper from the standpoint of being caught. Of course you can just recruit more, but this is part of the balance of sleepers.
4. I will look into this, but there is a justifiable reason why he would appear conservative, just as Terra Vitae members and gang members appear conservative on their respective home turfs.
5. Can you give me a little more detail? There is a bug in this section that I've been trying to find, but I'm not sure if it's the same one.
6. Can you tell me what k is supposed to be doing instead?
7. Yes, it's possible, and part of the balance. The CIA (or any faction) can attack you at any positive heat - BUT you must also have done something to tick them off. For the CIA this is publishing secret documents or the Intelligence HQ data disk. You want to make sure you can withstand a siege from the appropriate faction before publishing things that will get them riled up.

Now, questions:

1. Not in version 1.1. Version 1.2 (in development) has several ways, however, all involving the movie studio. However, can you tell me what is inspiring the Stalinist movies? You can look at this when you get the movie inspiration message. Also, you can trigger your own movies through your own activity.
2. You can befriend Terra Vitae and then station liberals there to help defend it. Terra Vitae will get attacked by various enemies (including the CIA) without you doing anything to provoke them, though (TV already has provoked the CIA).
3. Each secret mission has a skill that determines who is effective at it and who isn't. What are you superpowered criminal's skills?
4. There is no current way to assassinate the members of the House, Senate, or Supreme Court, no (neither in this mod nor in vanilla LCS). I might add that in the future. If you use sleepers for dangerous activities, which includes snooping, then some of them will be caught and outed, no matter how good they are as sleepers. Advocating liberalism works for powerful sleepers like eminent scientists and other powerful conservatives, but generally not for others. Cable news anchor and radio personality sleepers are generally the most powerful for advocacy purposes. They don't stop the SCS, though, only AM Radio and Cable News, respectively.
1. Alright, then..
2. Will try at next version, but so far i got atleast 35 movies released in a row but no crash.. pretty strange..
3. Alright.
4. Maybe make him Liberal but not recruitable? ;)
5. Don't got the Judicial Branch image, but got the U.S Senate.. srry for the long image :(

6. He should be learning, for example, the "Computer Science" class.. i think the "k will send bug reports to the dev team" message is because the class is "unavailable"..
7. lol, alright.. sieged the police station with soldiers and haven't got any more attacks from them..
btw, the soldier with superarmor (i can't remember the name) doesn't appear anymore on the army base, he appears on oldest versions but not in this one.. maybe the laws?

Q:
1. Can't remember but those stalinist movies stopped even i f i dont have that stalinist option activated..
2. Befriend? recruited Vivian Pines but i can't establish my safehouse in the office or the wilderness.. strange.
3. Welp, he got magic 5, seduction, bla bla bla.. the unique skill he doesn't got is "Computer", recruited an Agent, got this.. what skill does it need? (yeah, we can use multiple agents at secret mission?)

4. Alright, but if you are going to add that feature they should have MUCH heavy security.. imagine how easy is going to be killing them with just some secret service guards lol atleast add them a machine gun.. alright, got in account that. Thanks for the explanation  ;)

Oh yeah, got in mind adding new vehicles - weapons? or the liberal additions on Terra Vitae is enough?

EDIT: Managed to get the "middle text" on the Judicial branch corruption.
http://i.imgur.com/metdTpa.png
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:29:20 pm by andresxdxd1 »
i love the LCS name generator.
http://i.imgur.com/RMgBGoz.png

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 12, 2017, 08:37:32 am »

Making somebody unrecruitable is harder than it sounds, but I can look into that.

Ah, yes, the legislative corruption display bug. I tried to fix that one, but need to playtest it to make sure. The movies should not be related to the corruption process, but since they're both monthly events, they can happen at the same time. Theoretically, there can be four movies per month due to factors (partially) beyond the player's control, one inspired by AM Radio, one by Cable News, one by Terra Vitae, and one by the SCS. Technically there is a fifth one as well by publishing Liberal Guardian special editions.

Computer science - check. Bug found, bug fixed  :)

Powered armor only appears in the military if certain laws are C+, yes. It's like the other superhero classes, where moderate laws make for realism while extreme laws make for fantasticalness.

Weird that recruiting Vivian Pines did not open up the TV locations, but I have added code to the sleeperize prompt that fixes that. Also, I made sure that the wilderness is always accessible as it is supposed to be.

Like I said, every secret mission has a skill. The remote rainforest one is Science. Keep plugging - there is a seduction mission (and secret missions are so powerful that this is necessary). Also, yes, you can send as many agents as you want. They don't even need to be of the agent type, although agents do get a bonus  ;)

Ah, the middle text just means that a movie got inspired the same month that corruption happened. It's not a bug. :)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 12, 2017, 11:06:42 am »

wait...no i dont have the movies,or the "wilderness"...
i dont know how but i think that i downoladed the older version....
can someone send me the link to the newest version of the mod?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 57