Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315866 times)

andresxdxd1

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Just some random guy who wants some fun playing ;)
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.1 released!)
« Reply #390 on: April 12, 2017, 11:55:43 am »

Making somebody unrecruitable is harder than it sounds, but I can look into that.

Ah, yes, the legislative corruption display bug. I tried to fix that one, but need to playtest it to make sure. The movies should not be related to the corruption process, but since they're both monthly events, they can happen at the same time. Theoretically, there can be four movies per month due to factors (partially) beyond the player's control, one inspired by AM Radio, one by Cable News, one by Terra Vitae, and one by the SCS. Technically there is a fifth one as well by publishing Liberal Guardian special editions.

Computer science - check. Bug found, bug fixed  :)

Powered armor only appears in the military if certain laws are C+, yes. It's like the other superhero classes, where moderate laws make for realism while extreme laws make for fantasticalness.

Weird that recruiting Vivian Pines did not open up the TV locations, but I have added code to the sleeperize prompt that fixes that. Also, I made sure that the wilderness is always accessible as it is supposed to be.

Like I said, every secret mission has a skill. The remote rainforest one is Science. Keep plugging - there is a seduction mission (and secret missions are so powerful that this is necessary). Also, yes, you can send as many agents as you want. They don't even need to be of the agent type, although agents do get a bonus  ;)

Ah, the middle text just means that a movie got inspired the same month that corruption happened. It's not a bug. :)

Looking forward for it :)

Interesting.. i think for texting the middle texts at the corruption or fixing the movies overwriting (to fix that bug) you should maybe get the movies in ONLY one window and, probably, make a button to skip the movie screen (or a option?)..

Besides the computer science, there is "Weaving", "Fencing" and

Alright.

Welp, thats strange.. trying to see if in a new game i can open up TV locations. The wilderness is accesible, but not as safehouse.

Managed to get 1 mission done.. i think i already know what the mission requirements are..

But is a little annoying to see that text there  :(

btw, this appears on the questions to make your character: 

wait...no i dont have the movies,or the "wilderness"...
i dont know how but i think that i downoladed the older version....
can someone send me the link to the newest version of the mod?

welp, the link in on the first part of the thread but here you go: 
Just download and execute it.. maybe the problem is the LCS folder..
i love the LCS name generator.
http://i.imgur.com/RMgBGoz.png

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 12, 2017, 03:00:17 pm »

i downoladed it again,got a mutant with superpowers,crashed after just seeing him
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

andresxdxd1

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Just some random guy who wants some fun playing ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 12, 2017, 03:41:42 pm »

i downoladed it again,got a mutant with superpowers,crashed after just seeing him

I think that is a common bug.. i remember solving the problem but idk how..
Try installing the most recent VCRedist update, maybe that's the problem?
i love the LCS name generator.
http://i.imgur.com/RMgBGoz.png

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 12, 2017, 04:05:42 pm »

Well, here's the thing: there are new weapons and armors in the art/ folder of any version of the mod. If for some reason your computer can't see that because you only did a partial download or install, then it will crash. How did you install the mod?

Yeah, the wilderness isn't accessible as a safehouse. I don't know how that slipped, but it's a bug, and it's been fixed for the next version - as soon as the rest of its features are ready. Right now I have to figure out how to make lobbies display properly, and then 1.2 will be good to go.

Edit: the founder design questions can trigger movies. Yes, they're all C+, every one of them. This is an intended design feature to give the conservatives something of a head-start.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 04:07:17 pm by SlatersQuest »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 12, 2017, 04:17:57 pm »

after reinstalling it i just went into the workspaces and got the crimesquad.exe from Release,and i didnt move it into the vanilla LCS

Edit: i moved it into a vanilla file,it doesnt crash as i see aynone with the modded abillities now,but when someone has them equiped i still crash and when i enter the game it says Terra Vitae version 0.11 (as just a sidenote)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:19:50 am by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 13, 2017, 11:11:03 am »

Well, you must be using the old version or code from the old version somehow. Can you tell me which screen you see this number? Perhaps copy and paste other text from this screen so that I can find it?

My suspicion is that what you should do is delete everything you have that is LCS-related, and then do a fresh reinstall. However, before you do that, I want to make certain that I've updated the version number everywhere.

Edit: what OS are you using? That might also explain part of the weirdness.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 13, 2017, 11:24:35 am »

Okay so i see the 0.11 at the top bar of the game
and i am using win 8.1 64bit

TheInquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 14, 2017, 11:49:45 am »

Glad to see this project coming to fruition.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 14, 2017, 04:14:43 pm »

Okay so i see the 0.11 at the top bar of the game
and i am using win 8.1 64bit

Huh - all right, that's something unique to the Windows port. Unfortunately I can't explain why it says 0.11 as I don't have the capability to compile the Windows version. I suspect that your bug originates from the port somehow, although there remains the question of whether you are still somehow using code from the 0.11 version (that had a bug much like the one that you describe) or if the newer version has recreated a similar bug in Windows but not OSX.

Can you tell me what files you have in addition to the game itself? In particular, do you have an /art folder? If so, can you look into weapons.xml and see if there is a WEAPON_POWERS in there?

Glad to see this project coming to fruition.

It's been in fruit for about a year now ;)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 14, 2017, 05:15:33 pm »

okay,so...
i have the weapons.xml file,(and i have the mod in a normal LCS game)
and yes i do have the WEAPON_POWERS,in that

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 14, 2017, 09:38:26 pm »

Hmm... all right. Now, where again did you say you downloaded the game? The opening post has a link to the OSX version, so I know you didn't use that one unless you compiled it yourself on Windows (did you?). If not, then where did you get it?

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 15, 2017, 05:50:24 am »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 15, 2017, 10:11:12 am »

i used this one...
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=8634

Did you have to do anything to install it afterwards?

I ask because the download you linked to is a download for the Mac version, not the Windows version. It should not be possible to run that on Windows...

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 15, 2017, 11:03:14 am »

On a related note, does anyone have a link to the most recent .exe for windows? I'm trying to compile it but my skills go about as far as googling "c++ compiler".

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 15, 2017, 01:21:39 pm »

Windows Port (now with VS 2015 workspace file):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9b7xof5m39ik1ez/Terra+Vitae+1.1+For+Windows.zip

There is a problem with this port.  The file tvrecord.cpp has a function bzero(Movie, int) which is undeclared.  It is commented "House Cleaning".  I had to comment this line to get it to compile, and I do not know how significant this is.
Edit: Fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57