Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 320077 times)

JimmothyLeery

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.2 released!)
« Reply #480 on: September 24, 2017, 04:09:12 pm »

There is a file in the main folder of Terra Vitae named "LINUX_README" which has instructions for building LCS on Mac. They seemed to work, though I get an occasional "Bus Error: 10"  if I disband the LCS and wait a few months.
Which instructions were you referring to?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 25, 2017, 01:37:24 pm »

It has been a while since I installed the game, but I'm pretty sure that readme file is what I was referring to. In any case, it seems you've got it working.

Now, on to your bus error: does it happen reliably (i.e. after a certain number of months), or does it happen randomly? Are there any conditions that you know will cause it to happen?

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 27, 2017, 12:24:53 am »

Would a legal way to make money (and liberalize the public) via writing and/or computer skills be possible to add? Something like selling Liberal books or setting up a Liberal blog (with ad revenue affected by how popular the blog is)?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 27, 2017, 08:35:05 am »

Would a legal way to make money (and liberalize the public) via writing and/or computer skills be possible to add? Something like selling Liberal books or setting up a Liberal blog (with ad revenue affected by how popular the blog is)?

Good idea - done with writing (ACTIVITY_SELL_LITERATURE) is in. It will be part of the next version (which will probably be 1.3).

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 27, 2017, 11:41:08 am »

There's dummied out code for blogging, so implementing it might be done with little editing.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 01, 2017, 12:06:51 am »

I don't think the game likes it when I get caught cheating on dates. Dating the Terra Vitae husband or anyone else from the Terra Vitae faction (ex. college students at TV Office or even Vivian Pines herself) also crashes too on windows.

Also, would a "Less-Lethal" toggle for combat disallowing my Liberals from targeting the head/torso (only arms/legs will be targeted) be possible? Then again, that might be a bit overpowered since my Liberals could just walk around blasting everyone "non-lethally" to cripple them (for life) and racking up charges for Assault instead, which doesn't generate as much heat as killing someone.

On another note, I actually got raided by someone other than the police in Terra Vitae: Angry gang members looking for revenge after I vandalized their crack house. I'm actually glad that someone other than the cops raided, because non-police raids are FAR too rare in Liberal Crime Squad, at least when I play. Terra Vitae itself also occasionally raids me for assaulting it's members and vandalizing Vivian Pine's house, too, which is nice. Now I'm hoping the Firemen will come knocking on my door due to illegal free speech...

Am I supposed to find multiple presidents and one CCS Leader at the movies?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 11:48:58 pm by Taberone »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 02, 2017, 08:49:29 am »

That's weird. I will try to see if I can find out what is causing that.

By the "Terra Vitae husband", you mean Vivian Pines' husband, or just any TV husband?

As for attacks, in order to find you, any faction apart from the Firemen needs heat at your safehouse in order to locate you. Only the police care how much heat, so if you have lots of heat, the police will still find you more than any other faction. The Firemen will only attack safehouses containing printing presses, and only then if you have recently published a Liberal Guardian special edition. Using the "write for the Liberal Guardian" activity will slap your writers with Harmful Speech charges, but will not attract the Firemen.

That's how it works right now, that is...

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 02, 2017, 08:51:09 pm »

Every time I encounter Vivian Pines in bed, her husband is always an Agent. That husband (Vivian Pines has multiple husbands or something?), I mean. Enlightening an AM Radio personality and making him a sleeper crashes for me, also.

The "Movie" text also tends to display incorrectly, with the text not clearing and overwriting itself.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:06:46 am by Taberone »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 05, 2017, 11:16:44 am »

Ah, I will try to see about that. The movie bug should be fixed.

What is happening is that Mrs. Pines is supposed to have one husband, and recruiting him is supposed to recruit her as well. I bet that is what is causing it to explode. For simplicity's sake, it would probably be better to just treat him as another agent (Mrs. Pines may or may not have only one husband, but she certainly does have multiple lovers, a la LCS members who use seduction to recruit).

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.3 released!)
« Reply #489 on: October 08, 2017, 03:30:00 pm »

Version 1.3 released

The link is on the opening page. It has not been debugged yet, but I'm putting it up for those of you who want it.

Saves are not compatible with 1.2 - you were warned!

Movies should be more or less fully functional now - including movie characters. There is not yet any option to change the game's difficulty based on movies - that will have to be in another version.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 08, 2017, 10:36:12 pm »

And, perhaps not surprisingly, I am finding bugs.

There is a bad bug that causes people on Terra Vitae missions to get lost to the LCS somehow. I don't know what is causing this, and need to fix it.

There is also a random daily segmentation fault that is annoying, but not game-breaking (and unfortunately difficult to find because I can't reproduce it reliably).

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 10, 2017, 02:08:54 pm »

Is the Windows version 32 bit, or will my computer not play it?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 10, 2017, 02:10:07 pm »

Uploaded version 1.31

This fixed a bug that was causing people to get lost on successful secret missions and causing crashes. Also added three new cheat codes (all having to do with movies). The documentation for them is included.

Meanwhile I'm starting work on version 1.4, which will allow factions. More to follow.

Edit: I don't know about the Windows version. The 1.3 release is still Mac only. We are presumably waiting for IsaacG to compile a new Windows release.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #493 on: October 10, 2017, 07:59:39 pm »

We are presumably waiting for IsaacG to compile a new Windows release.

Presume no more.  TerraVitae 1.31
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mvfyqggeo5efb2g/terravitae_1.3_for_Windows.zip
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 57