Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315894 times)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Planning: Terra Vitae mod
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2014, 03:26:36 pm »

My hard drive just crashed - fortunately, everything is backed up.

I'm still waiting on somebody to give me some idea of where to start in compiling a makefile on a Windows operating system so that this mod will port to Windows...

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2014, 09:19:44 pm »

Terra Vitae 0.1 for Windows, built from latest source linked at top of the first post.

What I did to build this:
1. Download source code into a folder on my desktop
2. Opened workspaces/game.sln in Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express Service Pack 1
3. Renamed the variables "min" and "max" in the Interval class to "_min" and "_max", and fixed all references, in order to avoid a conflict with PDCurses-defined macros of the same name (suggested alternative: try undefining the macros on about line 120 of includes.h)
4. Added additionalchars.cpp, stringconversion.cpp, creaturetype.cpp, and creaturetype.h to the solution to fix linker errors
5. Added explicit return values to several new functions that had no return value to fix compiler errors in the new files (I returned 0 in all cases, on the assumption that they were meant to be implicitly returning 0 to signify no error)
6. Fixed several runtime errors in configfile.cpp's readLine function, relating to code expecting the std::string to be null terminated
7. Switched the build mode from Debug to Release
8. Compiled and built the executable
9. Prepared a folder and zip file with the newly built Windows executable (workspaces/Release/crimesquad.exe) and updated data files in the art directory
10. Uploaded to my website

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2014, 01:57:59 pm »

Wow - thank you very very much! It was more complicated than I was expecting, but now that I know how I'll see if I can do it myself next time! :)

p.s. Sorry for the lateness - I'm still recovering from my HD crash and am away for a week for RL reasons.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2014, 07:16:21 pm »

No worries. I'm glad I was able to help.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2014, 06:57:31 am »

Are we supposed to start off with an extra character?
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2014, 03:07:23 pm »

Are we supposed to start off with an extra character?

That is a diagnostics function that I added to help test things. Don't worry about it. :)

botea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2014, 05:26:19 pm »

Where can I get the magic skill?
Also it crashes every time i try to go to the park with my newly created battlesuit
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 06:07:01 pm by botea »

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2014, 09:44:02 am »

This is a pretty cool mod. When any bugs are worked out from it, it will be amazing.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2014, 02:07:18 am »

Your mod looks pretty interesting and I hope being able to test it someday, notwitstanding any problems with stability.

Moreover, it's nice to be able to lengthening the list of LCS mod.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2014, 06:49:01 pm »

Where can I get the magic skill?

Priests, Nuns, and Amateur Magicians sometimes start with magic skill depending on alignment and on the laws. If Religious Freedom is C+, then conservative Priests and Nuns can have magic. If L+, then liberal Priests and Nuns can have magic. If Religious freedom is moderate, but Superhuman Rights is either C+ or L+, then moderate Priests and Nuns can have magic.

Amateur Magicians can have magic if Religious Freedom is L+, regardless of the alignment of the magician.

There are several more job classes that can have magical powers, but they're not implemented as of the v.0.1 release.

Also it crashes every time i try to go to the park with my newly created battlesuit

Uh-oh, thanks for letting me know about that. I'm still reinstalling all of my development software, so I'll add that to my debug list when everything is ready.

However, I am home now, so can start getting to work putting my development package together again.

This is a pretty cool mod. When any bugs are worked out from it, it will be amazing.
Your mod looks pretty interesting and I hope being able to test it someday, notwitstanding any problems with stability.

The v.0.1 is testable now (see the opening post)! And thanks! :)

botea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2014, 05:27:02 am »

also every so often when I try to seduce a priest or persuade an amature magician after I leave the place it crashes when I am about to meet them leading me to belive that it's crashing form the magic skill somehow

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2014, 03:33:22 pm »

Argh - yeah, probably is. I will fix this. I thought I checked that...

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2014, 03:52:17 pm »

Double posting, yay.

I'm finally back to where I can work on this again, now that my new computer has installed most of its requisite software. I've done most of the 0.2 version already, so I want to release it along with the bug fixes.

botea, can you tell me what the error messages you are getting when the program crashes? I have a suspicion that I know what might be going on, but I'd like you to tell me if you can check.

botea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2014, 06:03:57 pm »

ok lemme try to get the report

EDIT: all I got is that there is a problem causing it to crash or "not work properly"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:08:03 pm by botea »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2014, 06:21:06 pm »

Is this the generic Windows "Crimesquad has encountered a problem and needs to close" error message? Can you click on the details?

What I'm anticipating would in Unix be called a segmentation fault - specifically I'm guessing that it's trying to put a weapon on the magically-armed characters and failing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57