Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 319591 times)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 0.5 released!)
« Reply #165 on: September 08, 2015, 11:43:17 am »

Okay, so can you tell me what the choices that you made in setting up the game? I have started new games since the latest release, but have not been able to replicate the bug.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 09, 2015, 05:29:47 am »

Well, I open the crimesquad file in the src folder, with terminal. Then, I picked National LCS, and Marathon Mode. I chose Classic for the skill gain level rate, and I pressed Let Fate Decide. After I press Enter, when it asks you to choose what you want your leader to be called, it says segmentation fault: 11, and then closes.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 09, 2015, 11:37:38 am »

Uh-oh - I just tried that, and it worked fine. I am wondering if you didn't install it correctly and/or your computer isn't set up for it.

Try typing "make" in the src folder instead of crimesquad. That should recompile the program. If it doesn't work, then it means that you need to reconfigure it.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 09, 2015, 05:35:18 pm »

I tried "make", but that didn't work. How should I go about reconfiguring it?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 09, 2015, 09:43:20 pm »

Well, if make didn't work because of a compiler error, then it should tell you the error message. If you don't have the tools, though, use the opening post of this thread to install a compilable Mac LCS.

If you already have all of the tools (XCode and autoconf), then type the following:
Code: [Select]
cd terravitae0.5
./bootstrap
 LIBS="/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib" ./configure
make clean
make purge
make

Running this series of steps should configure everything as needed, clean out all of the existing LCS files (excluding the source code), and then rebuild them from the source.

If you still get error messages, please post the text of them so that I can have a clearer idea of why it is not compiling.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2015, 01:51:50 am »

Well, it keeps on saying: warning: illegal character encoding in string
      literal [-Winvalid-source-encoding]
Maybe that's the problem?

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 18, 2015, 08:43:27 pm »

How "Difficult" will Terra Vitae be? Will factions other than the Firemen be able to raid without heat?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2015, 05:36:51 pm »

Sorry for missing a reply!

Well, it keeps on saying: warning: illegal character encoding in string
      literal [-Winvalid-source-encoding]
Maybe that's the problem?

No, it's not. Curses knows what to do with those, even if X-code doesn't.

How "Difficult" will Terra Vitae be? Will factions other than the Firemen be able to raid without heat?

Generally, no, although I can't remember if I made Terra Vitae itself capable of doing that. I don't think I did, but I'll check.

The mod will be significantly more difficult than vanilla, but the reasons for this are the fact that there are several new ways to lose:
  • If the wilderness gets destroyed, then you lose, and it will be attacked unless both Corporate and Biodiversity laws are at least L
  • Supervillains (should be implemented in next version) will concoct Evil Plans that will eventually cause you to lose, and you need to take the offensive to them in order to stop them rather than the other way around
  • The NEC will slowly corrupt any politicians that are not L+, which (especially in Nightmare mode) can lead to a C+ super-majority in Congress before they otherwise might through normal election

Edit: Terra Vitae's ability to find you is like that of the CCS: if you have a printing press, they can find you heat or no, but otherwise, you're invisible to them unless you have heat. The agency assassins, however, can find you anywhere!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 09:33:01 pm by SlatersQuest »

Neckbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mouthiest of Breathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2015, 10:23:39 pm »

In the current version of this mod, the game crashes if you date a magic user, or go to a meeting with one.

I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bit
I have an AMD(fx)-8300 8 core processor 3.3 GHz
16 GB of RAM

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 21, 2015, 02:52:19 pm »

In the current version of this mod, the game crashes if you date a magic user, or go to a meeting with one.

I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bit
I have an AMD(fx)-8300 8 core processor 3.3 GHz
16 GB of RAM
I just checked this bug, and can't replicate it

What version are you using? I ask because the only Windows version I know about was a version Jonathan Fox made of version 0.1, which had a bug that caused LCS to crash whenever the magic weapon was displayed. That bug was fixed in version 0.2. Are you sure you're using the current version?

Neckbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mouthiest of Breathers
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2015, 08:52:19 pm »

I downloaded the file from this link there.  http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=8634 that I found on the front page, and then I copied the crimesquad.exe from the release folder (terravitae0.5\workspaces\Release) and placed it in the terravitae0.5 folder.  I could be doing it wrong though.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 23, 2015, 09:46:34 am »

I downloaded the file from this link there.  http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=8634 that I found on the front page, and then I copied the crimesquad.exe from the release folder (terravitae0.5\workspaces\Release) and placed it in the terravitae0.5 folder.  I could be doing it wrong though.

That's interesting - I wasn't aware there was a .exe in that folder because that download is a Mac-only application. I'm guessing that it's Jonathan Fox's version 0.1, which, as I said, is buggy.

What I need is somebody with PC-saaviness to drop by and compile this for Windows (I've tried, but Windows changed its libraries so that they no longer work with the base LCS code, and I don't understand how to fix it).

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2015, 12:06:40 am »

What I need is somebody with PC-saaviness to drop by and compile this for Windows (I've tried, but Windows changed its libraries so that they no longer work with the base LCS code, and I don't understand how to fix it).

What about Reelya or Purple Gorilla?

Purple Gorilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2015, 05:37:33 pm »

What about Reelya or Purple Gorilla?

Ok, I got it compiled, thought it is still a clutch.
It is fairly easy to compile without SDL, but getting SDL working with Bloodshed DEC-C was tricky.

After trying various permutaions and looking through some tutorials, this works :
*Copy from %TERRAVITAE BASE%\SRC\SDL\  all *.A and *.LA files into the directory %DEV-C BASE%\LIB\
*Add the following line (no quotationmarks) into the linker parameters (where you added the pdcurses.lib):"-lmingw32 -lSDL2main -lSDL2 -lSDL2_mixer
"
I really hate this solution, because copying files into your compilers directory is nasty. Maybe I find a way to give a directory in this command, thought I am not sure what it is actually doing.

I found a tip at this tutorial : http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/lesson03/windows/devcpp/index.php, thought it uses SDL version 1, so I had to add a 2 on some commands, and most important, don't donload any files, use the files from Terra Vitae (which are Version 2). If you downloaded any files from a tutorial you might have get conflicts (thats why I hate installing libraries to the compiler).

Should I distribute the *.EXE File somehow ? My E-mail Provider, Google doesn't permit sending Executables, and blocks also most simple workarounds like normal encryption and compression, but I could try to encrypt it  with a selfmade programe (adding some random bytes at the beginning, or xoring with a constant should work) and you can decrypt it with a own programe.

Uploading a WIN32 Version of Terra Vitae at the DFFD would be also good, but SlatersQuest couldn't acess it if I do this.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 05:39:26 pm by Purple Gorilla »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 07, 2015, 10:35:05 am »

Should I distribute the *.EXE File somehow ? My E-mail Provider, Google doesn't permit sending Executables, and blocks also most simple workarounds like normal encryption and compression, but I could try to encrypt it  with a selfmade programe (adding some random bytes at the beginning, or xoring with a constant should work) and you can decrypt it with a own programe.

Uploading a WIN32 Version of Terra Vitae at the DFFD would be also good, but SlatersQuest couldn't acess it if I do this.

Purple Gorilla, I just wanted to say thank you so much for doing this!

Incidentally, are the only files you needed to move files in the SDL directories? If so, then I would like to give it a go at trying to compile it myself (that way I won't need to beg for favors in the future!). The compiler I haven't been able to use was Microsoft Visual Studio.

DFFD is a good place to put it up. I will not be able to edit it, but I will be able to download it, and put it up on my page (or just link to yours).
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57