Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 320109 times)

esran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.0 released!)
« Reply #270 on: September 22, 2016, 03:56:09 pm »

All right, Dreamsicle: I ran your save file and it did not crash on my game. Either you are using an outdated version or (more likely) this is the bug that I told you about. Try ending the month yourself again and see what happens. I did discover some other minor bugs, though.

Thank you again, IsaacG. Also I note that your executable is version 1.01, which crashes when you try to do secret missions. Version 1.02 fixes this.
^.^ glad to be of service.
Fresh off the presses, Terra Vitae 1.02 for Windows.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d21xatup4b0u0y7/Terravitae+1.02+Windows.zip

(or if you want just the .exe)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q79ci8i97e9p590/crimesquad+TV+1.02.exe

This recompiling was way easier than before.
It's crazy how much I learned about c++ the past few months.
Using this version I'm getting a bug where I can't continue to the next day due to a siege at the TV house (Vivian Pines's house) even though I have no people or sleeper agents there.
Actually, I double checked, and it turns out I have a sleeper there, a janitor who was recruited as somebodies spouse. I still have no way to continue to the next day, even knowing this.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 22, 2016, 09:26:20 pm »

First things first:

Actually, I double checked, and it turns out I have a sleeper there, a janitor who was recruited as somebodies spouse. I still have no way to continue to the next day, even knowing this.

I was about to ask you that, since this is a known bug. I am working on fixing it now.

Save your game file. I should be able to fix the bug without making the saves incompatible, so you won't lose your game.

i hope i posted this right and that i diddnt goof up some how and made a new thread  insted but the tv house has bed bugs entering that tile crashes the game

I'm not sure I understand your bug, although it sounds like it might be one that I fixed already. Which version are you using? And can you send me your save file?

Shouldn't Western influe on Amerindian rights?

Yes, definitely!

esran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 23, 2016, 07:21:36 am »

Other bugs in Windows version:
Game still crashes on TV house bed tile.
When I send people on Secret Missions, they continue to plan missions while gone and aren't removed from squads.
The day after exposing the NEC, game consistently crashes with no message.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 23, 2016, 05:33:28 pm »

Do Mutants benefit from Superhero Costumes?  And do they ever graduate into Superheroes/Supervillains?

Currently testing to see if Squad Training Urban Warfare confers Superpowers (guessing no, but we'll see)
EDIT: Confirmed that you can't learn Superpowers via instruction in Urban Warfare.

Fun fact: My mutant with superpowers just fought off two death squad members trying to accost them when soliciting donations (granted, this mutant is a mass murder, but hey, those deaths were "necessary for the liberal good").  And we just got sieged the next day, guess the cops took it seriously...

BUG: Game crashes when going to Rural America in National LCS mode.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 23, 2016, 08:41:47 pm »

Thanks for the reports - I am surprised, as I had thought that I had fixed the Rural America bug.

Mutants do not "graduate". However, mutants with superpowers do qualify as superheroes/supercriminals already as far as soliciting donations while wearing a costume goes, so I see no reason why they need to graduate for this. :)

There is currently no way to gain superpowers except through having it and training with it. The reason it works this way is because superheroes in comic books are almost always either born super or become super through some kind of accident or procedure; it's not a skill that they learn. Once they have powers, they can get better at using them, which is why the game treats it as a skill, but you can't learn to use something that you don't have.

I am willing to consider story events that may cause your characters to acquire superpowers, though (some secret missions might qualify, for example, such as the one about Amerindian relics).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 23, 2016, 09:44:35 pm »

There is currently no way to gain superpowers except through having it and training with it. The reason it works this way is because superheroes in comic books are almost always either born super or become super through some kind of accident or procedure; it's not a skill that they learn. Once they have powers, they can get better at using them, which is why the game treats it as a skill, but you can't learn to use something that you don't have.

One feature that the newest release of LCS has, but your mod lacks, is the ability to augment liberals, with a chance of permanently disfiguring/killing them.

Ported over to your mod, this could give the option to give liberals superpowers!
(but again, with the risk of permanent disfigurement/death, reminds me of the "experimental surgery" event in Adam Ryland's Comicbook Hero game for Grey Dog Studios)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 24, 2016, 07:12:26 pm »

I have found and fixed the bug that prevents ending the day when you have a besieged location containing sleepers. This bug would have affected any location that has sleepers and that can be besieged (including apartment complexes), which means that it's a bug in vanilla LCS as well.

I have also fixed the bug that causes agents to remain in squads, etc. while on secret missions. I have not yet found the bug that causes the game to crash once the NEC is exposed, but am working on that.

Unfortunately, I am traveling at the moment, and my internet connection here is terrible, so I will not be able to upload the fixed version until next weekend. :(

One feature that the newest release of LCS has, but your mod lacks, is the ability to augment liberals, with a chance of permanently disfiguring/killing them.

Wow, I wasn't aware that things like that were being done to the current LCS! We need someone to synchronize the versions as Liberal Elitist did. Can somebody point me to the code where this is done so that I can incorporate it?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 07:13:59 pm by SlatersQuest »

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 25, 2016, 02:53:07 pm »

I have found and fixed the bug that prevents ending the day when you have a besieged location containing sleepers. This bug would have affected any location that has sleepers and that can be besieged (including apartment complexes), which means that it's a bug in vanilla LCS as well.

I have also fixed the bug that causes agents to remain in squads, etc. while on secret missions. I have not yet found the bug that causes the game to crash once the NEC is exposed, but am working on that.

Unfortunately, I am traveling at the moment, and my internet connection here is terrible, so I will not be able to upload the fixed version until next weekend. :(

Wow, I wasn't aware that things like that were being done to the current LCS! We need someone to synchronize the versions as Liberal Elitist did. Can somebody point me to the code where this is done so that I can incorporate it?

https://github.com/Kamal-Sadek/Liberal-Crime-Squad

Github version has augmentations. Also, what the heck happened to Liberal Elitist, anyways? He seems to have dropped off the face of the earth without a single trace of him just like Jonathan S. Fox did.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #278 on: September 25, 2016, 03:32:24 pm »

https://github.com/Kamal-Sadek/Liberal-Crime-Squad

Github version has augmentations. Also, what the heck happened to Liberal Elitist, anyways? He seems to have dropped off the face of the earth without a single trace of him just like Jonathan S. Fox did.

I've got a fork of that.  Still in the process of refactoring.  I'm dragging LCS into the 21st century kicking and screaming with test driven development, and maybe even object oriented programming.

Probably won't be fast, but I'm reading three books on the topic.  Dealing with legacy code is a common problem in software engineering, evidently.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 03:45:02 pm by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 25, 2016, 06:36:36 pm »

In the windows version I'm getting tons of gang, mob, and terra vitae raiders who are liberal or moderate, the raids go on forever because I can't fight them.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 25, 2016, 09:17:09 pm »

In the windows version I'm getting tons of gang, mob, and terra vitae raiders who are liberal or moderate, the raids go on forever because I can't fight them.

Shouldn't they disappear when you talk to them?

esran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 25, 2016, 09:47:15 pm »

That's sort of the problem. In order to fight off a raid you have to kill enough attackers, and you can't purposely attack liberals or moderates.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 29, 2016, 08:22:57 pm »

That's sort of the problem. In order to fight off a raid you have to kill enough attackers, and you can't purposely attack liberals or moderates.

Bug fixed.

I've identified that something is wrong when trying to encounter the Terra Vitae leader. I will release version 1.03 when I find that.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 06, 2016, 05:56:45 am »

Wow, glad I get to see that you managed to spit in your doubters faces.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 12, 2016, 04:38:37 pm »

All right; I am having some issues here. I cannot reliably replicat ehe bug that causes the game to crash in Vivian Pines' bed. Sometimes I get it, and sometimes I don't. This makes it a pain to debug...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57