Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315907 times)

Lenin_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.0 released!)
« Reply #300 on: November 05, 2016, 04:48:53 pm »

Uh, am I doing this wrong? When I hit N on the characterreview screen nothing happens.

EDIT nvm, if I enlargen the console screen it (oddly) works.
EDIT Ok but now the cheat code function doesnt work for me....

EDIT ok only through review screen, got it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 04:55:41 pm by Lenin_Cat »

Lenin_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 07, 2016, 04:27:17 pm »

Sometimes get this segfault hen conducting a mission.
Code: [Select]
Thread 1 "crimesquad" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::_M_assign (this=this@entry=0x555fb032f7b0,
    __str=<error reading variable: Cannot access memory at address 0x121>)
    at /build/gcc-multilib/src/gcc-build/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/bits/basic_string.tcc:259
259 /build/gcc-multilib/src/gcc-build/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/include/bits/basic_string.tcc: No such file or directory.

TEH FAQ doing sa make install and running it from bin makes it work fine

Exposing the NEC causes this [
Thread 0x7fa78e28d700 (LWP 4478) exited]
[Thread 0x7fa78e46f700 (LWP 4477) exited]
[Inferior 1 (process 4476) exited with code 01]
After doing a make install the terra vita office and other tv locations are a blank map.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 05:30:39 pm by Lenin_Cat »

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 08, 2016, 10:45:02 pm »

Thanks IsaacG!

Sometimes get this segfault hen conducting a mission.

After doing a make install the terra vita office and other tv locations are a blank map.

Hmmm... it sounds like you're missing some maps from the dev/art directory. Can you look to see if there is a mapCSV_TerraVitaeHouse_Specials.csv in dev/art? There should be three TV maps in there.

Lenin_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 10, 2016, 04:44:08 pm »

Yah there there, I even copyed art over from /src to the user directonary. It only happens if its installed to the system.

EDIT: after copying from dev its fine/.

btw that NEC exposer error still happens after I did a make install
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 04:48:52 pm by Lenin_Cat »

Lenin_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 19, 2016, 03:33:18 pm »

When building on debian I get this error

common/consolesupport.cpp: In function ‘int addch_unicode(int)’:
common/consolesupport.cpp:246:38: error: ‘setcchar’ was not declared in this scope
       setcchar(&cch, &wch, 0, 0, NULL);
                                      ^
common/consolesupport.cpp:247:26: error: ‘add_wch’ was not declared in this scope
       return add_wch(&cch);
                          ^

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 19, 2016, 08:21:52 pm »

These look like compiler errors of the sort that can happen when you don't have the complete set of libraries. You were able to build it before, right?

Lenin_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 20, 2016, 08:16:12 am »

yeh

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 20, 2016, 01:11:08 pm »

Well, I didn't know what Debian was, but looking it up I get the impression that it's an open-source operating system? I don't know why it would suddenly be lacking in libraries, but...

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 20, 2016, 08:04:14 pm »

Is it me, or does Terra Vitae not have the "Vehicle dodging" mechanic that actually makes car chases survivable if you can't escape within the first turn? Got into a car chase today when the CCS chased after me for shooting up a Judge Hall, and nobody was dodging the bullets with their vehicles. Not even the CCS, who presumably had more skilled drivers than my Liberals.

Speaking of car chases, corpses are also able to "teleport" to safehouses if anyone dies in them for some reason.

"Vehicle dodge" messages look like these on the Github page for LCS:
Code: [Select]
case 1: strcpy(str, a.name); strcat(str," missed!"); break;
                  case 2: strcpy(str, a.name); strcat(str," just barely missed!"); break;
                  case 3: strcat(str," can't seem to keep the vehicle in either the lane or the line of fire!"); break;
                  case 4: strcat(str," swerves randomly!"); break;
                  case 5: strcat(str," cuts off another driver and the shot is blocked!"); break;
                  case 6: strcat(str," drops behind a hill in the road!"); break;
                  case 7: strcat(str," changes lanes at the last second!"); break;
                  case 8: strcat(str," accelerates suddenly and the shot goes short!"); break;
                  case 9: strcat(str," fakes a left, and goes right instead!"); break;
                  case 10: strcat(str," fakes a right, and goes left instead!"); break;
                  case 11: strcat(str," fakes with the brakes while powering ahead!"); break;
                  case 12: strcat(str," swerves to the other side of a truck!"); break;
                  case 13: strcat(str," weaves through a row of taxis!"); break;
                  case 14: strcat(str," dodges behind a hot dog cart!"); break;
                  case 15: strcat(str," squeezes between some bridge supports for cover!"); break;
                  case 16: strcat(str," squeals around a corner and behind a building!"); break;
                  case 17: strcat(str," power slides through a narrow gap in the traffic!"); break;
                  case 18: strcat(str," rolls the car onto two wheels to dodge the shot!"); break;
                  default: strcpy(str, a.name); strcat(str," misses completely!"); break; // You failed to hit someone who probably rolled a zero.  You should feel bad.

Another thing I noticed about Terra Vitae was that spouses of new recruits can occasionally join them in the fight for Liberalism, which is a feature that I absolutely love. Does anything affect the odds of a spouse also joining up?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:16:13 pm by Taberone »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 21, 2016, 06:34:37 am »

Is it me, or does Terra Vitae not have the "Vehicle dodging" mechanic that actually makes car chases survivable if you can't escape within the first turn? Got into a car chase today when the CCS chased after me for shooting up a Judge Hall, and nobody was dodging the bullets with their vehicles. Not even the CCS, who presumably had more skilled drivers than my Liberals

Sadly, no - that feature was added to vanilla LCS after TV was developed. We really need to re-sync the mod with the core game. Maybe we should embark on that this coming week?

Another thing I noticed about Terra Vitae was that spouses of new recruits can occasionally join them in the fight for Liberalism, which is a feature that I absolutely love. Does anything affect the odds of a spouse also joining up?

Yes, quite a lot of things, in fact. The code is in SeekRecruitSpouse() in additionalchars.cpp. To summarize:

1. The most important determining factor is how the liberal was recruited. Liberals recruited via persuasion are more likely to bring their spouses than liberals recruited via seduction. Enlightened liberals will never come with spouses (you didn't kidnap the spouse to enlighten xer).

2. The second main factor is the recruit's age. Recruits have a maximum chance of being married at age 32, and drop off rather precipitously if they are younger and more gradually if they are older. Thus if you want to recruit people's spouses, it's best to aim for recruits in their early thirties.

3. Conservatives are more likely to be married in the first place. Therefore if you recruit a liberal via persuasion, it is somewhat more likely that the recruit will bring xyr spouse if xe was previously conservative prior to recruitment. However, liberals are more likely to approve of and be open about their extramarital affairs with their spouses, so if you are recruiting via seduction, a recruit is more likely to bring xyr spouse if xe was already liberal prior to recruitment.

4. Every profession belongs to a social class, and some social ranks are more likely to have spouses than others (although only the destitute gang members and homeless people are markedly different). People you recruit are also typically more likely to marry within their social class or a nearby social class. The classes are destitute, blue-collar, academic, military, professional, respected, and rich.

5. CCS members are more relatively likely to be married to fellow CCS members than would be expected for people at large. The same applies to criminal professions like gang members and the Mafia, to the super-powered community, and to Terra Vitae. The Terra Vitae leader is always married (to a TV Agent).

6. People are assumed to be 80% heterosexual and 20% homosexual. Homosexual conservatives are less likely to be married than homosexual liberals. Vivian Pines is always heterosexual, but her successor(s) can have either sexual orientation (although in her case this doesn't matter for having a spouse).

Also note that there is a "Cheat Marry Me" code.

Lenin_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 21, 2016, 03:57:16 pm »

Yah, Debian is actually one of the main Linux Distros. IDK, but I can just use the windows EXE in wine.

enigma74

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 21, 2016, 11:01:09 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gdrauv80daz6zp8/Terra_Vitae_1.04_for_Windows.zip

Hi IsaacG,

I think you are missing some dll files with the 1.04 windows version.  I had to manually download vcruntime140.dll and msvcp140.dll to make the game work (running a fresh install of Windows 10).

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #313 on: November 22, 2016, 01:27:52 pm »

Hi IsaacG,

I think you are missing some dll files with the 1.04 windows version.  I had to manually download vcruntime140.dll and msvcp140.dll to make the game work (running a fresh install of Windows 10).
0.0;
That is an oversight on my part.
I was wondering why it didn't run on my laptop, but ran fine on my desktop.
Evidently vcruntime140.dll and msvcp.dll are parts of the Visual Studio 2015 environment, and required to run C++ programs compiled from VS2015.
(To be fair, Adobe Photoshop has this same problem, and they just tell people to go download the VS Runtime Environment, but I'm not Adobe!)
I'll go fix it now.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

enigma74

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 23, 2016, 01:26:16 pm »

Hi IsaacG,

0.0;
That is an oversight on my part.
I was wondering why it didn't run on my laptop, but ran fine on my desktop.
Evidently vcruntime140.dll and msvcp.dll are parts of the Visual Studio 2015 environment, and required to run C++ programs compiled from VS2015.
(To be fair, Adobe Photoshop has this same problem, and they just tell people to go download the VS Runtime Environment, but I'm not Adobe!)
I'll go fix it now.

By the way, this mod is really excellent and I've been addicted the last day or two. I noticed a few noncritical bugs with the interface in the windows version, and the occasional crash. But since it autosaves every day, its okay.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 57