Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 319617 times)

wafflesoflife

• Bay Watcher
  • Boy you can't put much here can y
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.1 released!)
« Reply #420 on: June 11, 2017, 03:27:45 pm »

Also the top bar on Isaac's build says 1.0, not 1.1. Is that normal? How can I find out if it's just the top bar or the game itself is 1.0? What are some major changes from 1.0 to 1.1 that I can test?
LCS uses a number of... bizarre features of the C++ language, and one result is that the internal version number has to be changed three or four times for it to show up properly.  I can't speak for SlatersQuest, but I usually don't bother updating the version number in the source code, because so long as you don't break save compatibility it doesn't impact the game itself.

I haven't seen Isaac for a while but I'm still here. I haven't had a chance to playtest the lobby display which is why 1.2 hasn't been released yet. I really should.
I'm always here, I'm just shy.  I also don't have an internet connection at home, so logging in is a bit of an uphill battle.

In the 1.2 version (which I plan on releasing soon), the movies will not be shown unless you are outside of prison.
Thank god when will it be out and can you compile a windows version I don't want to wait a year for one to pop up
Relax, everything is going to be fine.  Probably.
You don't have internet connection... I'm so sorry and why don't you have it are you in a rural area or something
My favourite quote from the holy bible
 (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 11, 2017, 11:09:48 pm »

Lobbies are organizations that lobby (legislate) laws, are independent of congress and the supreme court, and that the LCS can influence by recruiting or killing their members.

They are a feature that is being added in version 1.2, but I am trying to figure out what to include for the test run for 1.2 for you guys as the 'default' lobby list.

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 12, 2017, 05:25:34 am »

All right, gonna poll people:

The entire point of lobbies is that they are player-editable, and I have writer's block. So, please tell me what lobbies you want to see that I can release as a player-modifiable sample with version 1.2.

:D

Here's a sample:

• National Rifle Association: Gun rights association (C)
  • Greenpeace: Nuclear power (L), Biodiversity (L), Animal rights (L)
  • National ORganisation of Women: Women's rights (L), Sexual freedom (L)
  • ACLU: Election reform (L), Torture (L), Prison regulation (L), Police regulation (L), Privacy rights (L), Death penalty (L), Free speech (L), Flag burning (L)
  • Catholic church: Immigration (L), Death penalty (L), Sexual freedom (C)
  • AFL-CIO: Tax law (L), Nuclear power (C), Pollution (C), Labor law (L), Corporate law (L)
  • Fraternal Order of Police: Torture (C), Police regulation (C)
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #423 on: June 13, 2017, 10:39:47 am »

Also the top bar on Isaac's build says 1.0, not 1.1. Is that normal? How can I find out if it's just the top bar or the game itself is 1.0? What are some major changes from 1.0 to 1.1 that I can test?
LCS uses a number of... bizarre features of the C++ language, and one result is that the internal version number has to be changed three or four times for it to show up properly.  I can't speak for SlatersQuest, but I usually don't bother updating the version number in the source code, because so long as you don't break save compatibility it doesn't impact the game itself.

I haven't seen Isaac for a while but I'm still here. I haven't had a chance to playtest the lobby display which is why 1.2 hasn't been released yet. I really should.
I'm always here, I'm just shy.  I also don't have an internet connection at home, so logging in is a bit of an uphill battle.

In the 1.2 version (which I plan on releasing soon), the movies will not be shown unless you are outside of prison.
Thank god when will it be out and can you compile a windows version I don't want to wait a year for one to pop up
Relax, everything is going to be fine.  Probably.
You don't have internet connection... I'm so sorry and why don't you have it are you in a rural area or something
Yeah, rural area.  The only provider in the area refuses to supply a connection without bundling it with a phone line, and is already overcharging as is (1.5 mb/s for the same price as cable TV?  No flipping way).  It's this whole asinine thing, and it ends up being easier to use the WiFi at the public library.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #424 on: June 13, 2017, 10:46:19 am »

Lobbies are organizations that lobby (legislate) laws, are independent of congress and the supreme court, and that the LCS can influence by recruiting or killing their members.

They are a feature that is being added in version 1.2, but I am trying to figure out what to include for the test run for 1.2 for you guys as the 'default' lobby list.
I assume there should be one or more generic "corporate" lobbies generated that fund the CCS.  Currently the CCS is implied in game to be funded by unnamed corporations, and it could add interesting gameplay options for organizations funding the CCS to be legally separate from the CCS, and thus possible for indirect attack and infiltration.  That might be better left for a later version, however.

Edit: Come to think of it, that's more of a PAC thing than lobbies.

Autogenerated Corporate Name : Tax law (C), Nuclear power (C), Pollution (C), Labor law (C), Corporate law (C), Animal rights (C),

Arguably the Stalinist Crime Squad, Terra Vitae, and the Conservative Crime Squad could each have their own lobbies.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 11:27:12 am by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 14, 2017, 09:19:47 pm »

Isaac, you're thinking of factions, not lobbies. They'll be in 1.3.  ;)

Good ideas, Azerty. I'm going to have to modify them somewhat (unfortunately lobbies that can legislate both liberal and conservative at once tend to break the game, since the player can only win with everything at L+), but thanks!

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.2 released!)
« Reply #426 on: June 22, 2017, 05:23:58 pm »

Version 1.2 is released!

Download link (for Mac) is at the opening post. When Isaac recompiles it for Windows, I will link to his as well.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #427 on: June 23, 2017, 04:12:22 pm »

Version 1.2 is released!

Download link (for Mac) is at the opening post. When Isaac recompiles it for Windows, I will link to his as well.
https://www.mediafire.com/?8qgk5f5d8plovwn
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

wafflesoflife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 23, 2017, 04:21:04 pm »

Thanks Isaac

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

wafflesoflife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 23, 2017, 04:42:27 pm »

I was using isaacs and I was selling t shirts but the game crashed and wont load back up

wafflesoflife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 23, 2017, 04:52:12 pm »

Yeah the game is really buggy and crashes often please fix soon

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 23, 2017, 05:37:02 pm »

Can you tell me what you were doing that led to the crashes? Demanding "fix" isn't too helpful without an idea of where the bug might be that needs to be fixed.

wafflesoflife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 24, 2017, 05:09:07 am »

Can you tell me what you were doing that led to the crashes? Demanding "fix" isn't too helpful without an idea of where the bug might be that needs to be fixed.
In my first game I was just holding down w to get my tailoring skill up. I'm pretty sure it was the end of the month when the laws get changed then it crashed. The second play through I was doing the athletic raise awareness thing and it crashed. I'll see what happens in a different game

wafflesoflife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 24, 2017, 05:11:02 am »

It crashed after at the end of may when people were being elected also learning at the university doesn't do anything if I pick the ones added by the mod
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 05:14:34 am by wafflesoflife »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 24, 2017, 06:15:01 pm »

So it crashes during elections?

--

I thought I fixed the bug about taking mod-added classes, but I will look again.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 57