Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315909 times)

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.2 released!)
« Reply #450 on: July 07, 2017, 11:42:22 pm »

Actually do you have the project file? I can just import that into winemaker apparently.

EDIT: I got it to build natively but get a segfault every election.
Updated:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4xgxese8agnl5s1/Terra_Vitae_1.22_for_Windows.zip
The project file is in the workspaces folder.  Technically the original release contains the source and project files, but they have to be changed somewhat to work with Windows.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 11:44:23 pm by IsaacG »
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Tarquin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 09, 2017, 05:39:59 pm »

Hi, finally got the NEC exposure to work with the new build, but I have a few things I wanted to mention;

-I wanted to ask, where can I find a supervillain's minions? I've poked around a few places, even waited for sieges to occur both on the LCS and Terra Vitae, but so far, I haven't been able to find a single minion or supervillain anywhere. When the sieges occur, even when it says supervillains are raiding a location, I don't get to fight their minions, only SWAT officers.

-I don't know if this is a bug, but when people raid the TV, it seems like everyone gets in on the action at once. I get a huge text crawl of the CIA, religious bigots, and even supervillains purportedly attacking TV locations, though as mentioned above, only SWAT officers spawn when I engage them if I happen to be there. Also, even if I shut down locations related to the raiding parties, I am still told they are attacking the TV.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 09, 2017, 05:49:37 pm »

Those sound like bugs. I think I've identified the problem with no superminions (I forgot to make them spawn). Can you tell me where the text crawl is occurring? When locations actually get besieged? I'm guessing that only one siege is resolved per day, which is why you're only getting the first siege type (the cops), but it also sounds like I'm falling through a switch statement somewhere.

Tarquin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 09, 2017, 08:12:59 pm »

Those sound like bugs. I think I've identified the problem with no superminions (I forgot to make them spawn). Can you tell me where the text crawl is occurring? When locations actually get besieged? I'm guessing that only one siege is resolved per day, which is why you're only getting the first siege type (the cops), but it also sounds like I'm falling through a switch statement somewhere.

The text crawl shows up at the end of every day, and it seems to be every location at once, hence how hard it is to read through it when you get just about every faction attacking both the TV office and Vivian's house as well as corporations and supervillains raiding the Wilderness, all while being repeatedly told that conservatives are coming to attack the LCS stronghold. I mean, it probably doesn't help that my ultra-violent playstyle probably provoked every faction, though I should ask; does the TV get attacked by people the LCS angers? Especially if Vivian Pines is currently a recruited member of the LCS?

But yeah, it's every day at the end of the day that I get all the messages, and if I happen to be at the locations, I do get a siege, but it's always SWAT members.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 09, 2017, 10:57:00 pm »

Weird. All right, here's what I want you to do: get someone at a TV location, go onto the Liberal management screen (type 'r', then 'a'), select the appropriate liberal at the location, type 'n' to change the liberal's name, and enter "Cheat Pacify Police". Then tell me what happens.

What should happen is that the police will be pacified at that location and the siege called off. I'm expecting that the next faction (corporations) will attack instead.

Tarquin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 10, 2017, 03:21:33 am »

Yeah, this cheat thing doesn't seem to be working for me. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, but I definitely tried changing someone's name to "Cheat Pacify Police" and nothing happened. I tried doing it before the siege, during the siege, nothing changed, still fighting SWAT officers.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 10, 2017, 10:04:13 am »

That cheat won't work if there's a siege already in progress. All right, let's try this: use Cheat Test Super to create an army of superheroes with which to break the siege (fifteen of them should be plenty). Now, break the siege, and wait a day, and tell me what happens.

Edit: what exactly does the siege text spam say? That could help me pin down where the bug is.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:14:29 am by SlatersQuest »

Tarquin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 10, 2017, 03:15:15 pm »

That code doesn't seem to be working for me either. Of course, I didn't exactly need an army of heroes just to fight off the SWAT guys, if that's what you needed. Obviously, I've already tried defeating them, and I tried it again recently just to make sure, and all that happens is that the siege ends, then the next time the SWAT team just comes back.

As for what it says, it's just what you would expect; a general message about who's attacking, one after the other, i.e. "Corporate Mercenaries are attacking Terra Vitae Office! Because the LCS is not on hand, TV will have to fight this off themselves. Press Esc to ponder the situation..."

Then you get the same thing, just with other factions, like "The CIA is attacking Terra Vitae Office!" or "Christian Bigots are attacking Terra Vitae Office!"

There's something I just realised, however; it's not Terra Vitae sieges I've been participating in, but regular ones where the police roll up to whatever TV location is my safe house, with the vanilla message about them attacking. I think I've never actually been able to participate in the TV sieges, as whether I have people there or not, it still tells me "Because the LCS is not on hand, TV will have to fight this off themselves". I got confused because I tended to skip through the text and assumed the police siege was a TV one. So I guess the problem might not be getting the police over any others, but that I just flat out seem to be unable to help the TV. I even tried getting around the likelyhood of having a police siege occur over the top of everything else, but I still couldn't help the TV.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 10, 2017, 04:50:13 pm »

Well, I found a bug and fixed it, but I doubt it's the one that is causing what you're seeing.

I think what you're seeing may have something to do with the fact that the Terra Vitae safehouses have been set to be owned by the LCS and the code in siegeturn() is checking to see if Terra Vitae is "renting" the location and not the LCS. This is also a bug, and something that I will fix and release shortly, but I'm not certain that it's the same bug.

Did you have a liberal at the TV safehouse when you were using the cheat codes to pacify the police, by the way? That cheat code only works if you have somebody at the safehouse about to be besieged.

Edit: I am also in the process of fixing the no super-minions spawn bug. They will now spawn at the public park, bank, intelligence HQ, army base, nuclear power plant, genetics lab, police station, and wilderness. They will only appear in cities containing a supervillain lair containing an active supervillain, however.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 05:04:10 pm by SlatersQuest »

Tarquin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 10, 2017, 06:22:00 pm »

Yes, I used the codes at a TV safe house (Vivian's house to be specific). It didn't, and still doesn't, seem to have any effect.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 21, 2017, 10:34:44 am »

Now it's a game about weapons, violent politics, really bad pickup lines... and magic.
I'm going to download it anyway.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 21, 2017, 05:15:08 pm »

I've still not written the function that does minion production, but should soon!

Now it's a game about weapons, violent politics, really bad pickup lines... and magic.
I'm going to download it anyway.

:D

To be fair, while the laws are anywhere between L+ and C+, it's pretty close to vanila in terms of realism. :)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 27, 2017, 05:24:38 pm »

Version 1.23 released - sorry for the delay. I fixed several bugs, including that superminions should now spawn as they are supposed to.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 29, 2017, 11:23:10 pm »

All right, time to discuss Movie Mode, which I plan on implementing in version 1.3. Here's the rub:

On the Liberal Agenda screen, you will be able to press "m" and see the list of movie characters, which will be treated as semi-real people when playing in movie mode. Here are the basic rules, below:

Each movie takes place in a shared universe with all other movies of the same genre. Movies of different genres do not take place in the same universe and do not interact with each-other.

Every movie has four main characters. Each character is associated with one of two views of the movie: the protagonist view is associated with the Protagonist and with the Henchman, while the setting view is associated with the Sidekick and the Antagonist. Each of these characters can also have a love interest. Each character also has a morality in one of four categories: heroic, antiheroic, antivillainous, or villainous.

The moralities that the characters in a movie have depend on the alignment of the movie. When a movie is being made, it will look for characters that are available for the appropriate views and morality. If there are no appropriate characters, then new characters will be created. The moralities that the movie will use, as well as what happens to them, depends on the movie's alignment, as follows:

Elite liberal movies will select heroic or antiheroic protagonists and sidekicks, and will select villainous antagonists and henchmen. A protagonist who begins a movie as antiheroic will become heroic by the end of the film. Protagonists, sidekicks, and their love interests will survive the movie. Villainous antagonists and henchmen will die or otherwise be vanquished. If such characters are not available, then the protagonists and sidekicks will be heroic and the antagonists and henchmen will be villainous.

Liberal movies will select heroic or antiheroic protagonists and sidekicks, and villainous or antivillainous antagonists and henchmen. Either the protagonist's love interest or the sidekick will die, or the henchman will survive, but the antagonist will be killed. If such characters are not available, the protagonist will be heroic, the sidekick antiheroic, the antagonist villainous, and the henchman antivillainous.

Moderate movies will select antiheroic or antivillainous protagonists, sidekicks, and henchmen, and the antagonist will be either antivillainous or villainous. At least one of the protagonist's side will die but at least one will survive, and the same will be true of the antagonist's side. If such characters are not available, then the protagonist and antagonist will be antivillainous while the sidekick and henchman will be antiheroic.

Conservative movies will select antiheroic or antivillainous protagonists, antivillainous or villainous sidekicks, and heroic, antiheroic, or antivillainous antagonists and henchmen. The majority of the protagonists' villainous side will survive but one of the heroic antagonists will survive as well. If such characters are not available, then the protagonist will be antivillainous, the sidekick will be villainous, and the antagonist and henchman will be antivillainous.

Arch-conservative movies will select villainous and antivillainous protagonists and sidekicks, while antagonists and henchmen will be heroic or antiheroic. An antivillainous protagonist will become fully villainous by the end of the film. Protagonists and sidekicks will survive the movie while antagonists and henchmen will not. If appropriate characters are not available, protagonists and sidekicks will be villainous while antagonists and henchmen will be heroic.

Stalinistmovies will select heroic and antiheroic protagonists and sidekicks, and villainous or antivillainous antagonists and henchmen. The protagonist will be the only member of the cast who survives, and will become villainous by the end of the film. If appropriate characters are not available, then protagonists and sidekicks will start out heroic, while antagonists and henchmen will start out villainous.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 11:24:58 pm by SlatersQuest »

Tarquin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 19, 2017, 07:11:06 pm »

Any chance of a new Windows version?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 57