Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 319013 times)

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.2 released!)
« Reply #465 on: August 22, 2017, 03:22:52 pm »

Any chance of a new Windows version?

I assume you mean 1.23, since 1.22 is available for Windows.
Don't worry I got this.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: August 29, 2017, 11:39:37 pm »

Version 1.24 released!

This is a very minor update, including a number of small bug fixes. There is one addition, however: workout suits.

Workout suits are a new clothing item that can be found on college students, athletes, yoga instructors, and various Terra Vitae roles.

Workout suits are considered disguises when on Terra Vitae property.

Workout suits give you a small bonus to escape from pursuers while on foot. They also give you a bonus to seduction when dropping pickup lines (although not as much of a bonus as being naked conveys).

Wearing workout suits when sexual freedom laws are C+ is illegal, a la being naked. Being female and wearing one while women's rights laws are C or C+ is also illegal.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #467 on: September 02, 2017, 02:50:32 am »

Version 1.24 released!

This is a very minor update, including a number of small bug fixes. There is one addition, however: workout suits.

Workout suits are a new clothing item that can be found on college students, athletes, yoga instructors, and various Terra Vitae roles.

Workout suits are considered disguises when on Terra Vitae property.

Workout suits give you a small bonus to escape from pursuers while on foot. They also give you a bonus to seduction when dropping pickup lines (although not as much of a bonus as being naked conveys).

Wearing workout suits when sexual freedom laws are C+ is illegal, a la being naked. Being female and wearing one while women's rights laws are C or C+ is also illegal.
And for Windows
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g9qit2el34h2edm/Terra_Vitae_1.24_for_Windows.zip
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Tarquin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 03, 2017, 04:19:04 am »

Okay, I just gave the new version a go. I found the minions, I kidnapped one and got the location of a supervillain lair, but when I tried to go there, the game froze up. It just sat there with the message "The Liberal Crime Squad has arrived at Secret Laboratory". Curiously, the game didn't seem to actually be frozen, nor had it crashed, it's just that it sat there and wouldn't move on or receive any new commands. The music was still playing, it gave me no error messages, it just stood still.

Also, I tried getting a different supervillain lair to raid, but the same thing happened.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 03, 2017, 07:11:55 pm »

Okay, I just gave the new version a go. I found the minions, I kidnapped one and got the location of a supervillain lair, but when I tried to go there, the game froze up. It just sat there with the message "The Liberal Crime Squad has arrived at Secret Laboratory". Curiously, the game didn't seem to actually be frozen, nor had it crashed, it's just that it sat there and wouldn't move on or receive any new commands. The music was still playing, it gave me no error messages, it just stood still.

Also, I tried getting a different supervillain lair to raid, but the same thing happened.

I have managed to replicate the bug at the underground mausoleum, and am working on fixing it.

Edit: it's a map loading bug. The game is trying to load the map and it isn't working. These maps are supposed to be randomly generated a la the crackhouse, but with traps scattered throughout. I am trying to figure this one out, but at least I know where it is bugging out.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 07:23:56 pm by SlatersQuest »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 04, 2017, 12:10:55 pm »

I have fixed the bug you found, but something causes the supervillain lair to spawn caged animals instead of traps. I am working on this.

CosmicHitman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 06, 2017, 01:02:43 pm »

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I cannot find it. What is the "Sierra_Club becomes more conservative" thing that pops up at the end of the month? Is it a location having more conservative/liberal people in it? Is it some invisible modifier on how voting will occur? I can't figure it out.

Tarquin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 08, 2017, 11:52:18 pm »

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I cannot find it. What is the "Sierra_Club becomes more conservative" thing that pops up at the end of the month? Is it a location having more conservative/liberal people in it? Is it some invisible modifier on how voting will occur? I can't figure it out.

I'm not a dev for this, but I think I can answer; the Sierra Club is one of the Lobby Groups added to this mod. The Lobby Groups are meant to push for issues based on their ideology, and you can influence their ideology through your actions in the game. If they're becoming more conservative, then it means they're being more influenced by conservative elements than by your actions.

CosmicHitman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 09, 2017, 11:15:48 am »

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 10, 2017, 09:28:16 am »

You can see what the relevant creature types are for any of the lobbies (as well as add your own lobbies!) in the lobbies.txt in the lobbies folder. The Sierra Club is one of the two sample lobbies that are included as examples.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 16, 2017, 12:55:51 pm »

Version 1.25 released

Get it on the opening post

More bug fixes, hopefully supervillain lairs work appropriately now.

p.s. sorry for the delay - internet trouble

JimmothyLeery

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 21, 2017, 03:12:56 pm »

How do you play this on Mac? When I open the crimesquad file in the src folder, I get the message:

Attempting to open filename: sitemaps.txt Failed to load sitemaps.txt! Reverting
 to old map mode.Failed to load vehicles.xml!Failed to load clips.xml!Failed to
load weapons.xml!Failed to load armors.xml!Failed to load masks.xml!Failed to lo
ad loot.xml!Failed to load creatures.xml!

Moving the art folder, or its contents, to the src folder did not resolve the issue.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 22, 2017, 05:18:49 pm »

You need to run ./config in order to make the installation - there are instructions on how to install LCS for Mac. Did you already do that?

JimmothyLeery

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 23, 2017, 09:13:07 pm »

Following the instructions in LINUX_README.txt did the trick. Thanks for the help, you're a real Bernie Sanders.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 24, 2017, 09:43:43 am »

Following the instructions in LINUX_README.txt did the trick. Thanks for the help, you're a real Bernie Sanders.

...not sure what you mean by that.

I must confess to being only somewhat knowledgeable about Unix - much of what I know was in learning to program this game.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 57