Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315844 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.3 released!)
« Reply #495 on: October 12, 2017, 04:45:47 pm »

Is it 32 bit, IsaacG?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

wafflesoflife

• Bay Watcher
  • Boy you can't put much here can y
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 14, 2017, 12:25:55 pm »

What does terravita even mean?
My favourite quote from the holy bible
 (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

CosmicHitman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 14, 2017, 07:03:23 pm »

The words themselves are Latin: terra (earth/Earth) and vitae (life). I'm guessing their name is meant to be a reference to the fact that they are an environmental group trying to protect Earth from dying. I don't know much Latin though, so I don't know if that is the grammatically correct form or order for the words though. Not that it really matters...

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #498 on: October 15, 2017, 07:07:53 am »

Is it 32 bit, IsaacG?

IIRC all versions of LCS are 32 bit.
There was an attempt a few years ago to port it to 64 bit, but it ended in failure.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 16, 2017, 01:44:40 pm »

Then why did my computer say it couldn't use the .exe, because it wasn't a valid 32-bit Windows program, a few months or so back?
Also what does IIRC mean?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 16, 2017, 02:00:36 pm »

The words themselves are Latin: terra (earth/Earth) and vitae (life). I'm guessing their name is meant to be a reference to the fact that they are an environmental group trying to protect Earth from dying. I don't know much Latin though, so I don't know if that is the grammatically correct form or order for the words though. Not that it really matters...

I do not know if I got the adjective declension correct either, but the order is correct (noun followed by adjective). If somebody knows this I would happily update it.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 16, 2017, 04:34:02 pm »

If I recall correctly, IIRC means 'If I recall correctly.'

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #502 on: October 18, 2017, 12:31:29 pm »

Then why did my computer say it couldn't use the .exe, because it wasn't a valid 32-bit Windows program, a few months or so back?

I would need more information to go on.  What version of windows you use, and especially whether you use windows update, are key points.

Someone on another, unrelated site gave this answer:
The message ".exe is not a valid win32 application" indicates that the EXE file did not download completely. When Windows then tries to run what appears to be an executable file, it finds that it is not a valid Windows 32-bit application file due to the incomplete download.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 18, 2017, 01:05:56 pm »

My computer is a Windows XP, and I think it downloaded correctly, both times.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #504 on: October 18, 2017, 02:29:39 pm »

My computer is a Windows XP, and I think it downloaded correctly, both times.

If you could post the exact error message, that should help.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 27, 2017, 01:59:59 pm »

The error says [Filepath]\crimesquad.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
Strangely, the old version, before IsaacG made his version, seems to work. Although, I am not absolutely sure the old thing is before IsaacG.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 02:56:02 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 30, 2017, 02:52:05 pm »

There can be other thing - if you try to launch win 7 app on win xp, and developer wasn't enough of a jerk to put in some fancy "no game for you" message, you will get the very same "not a valid win32 application" message.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 02:57:26 pm by MCreeper »

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 30, 2017, 09:01:41 pm »

I've only just started to try this latest windows version but see a couple small issues already. The Lobby screen under the liberal agenda doesn't display properly for me:

Some blurb about "Movie 0" came up before my character creation was finished, during the questions phase. And the Movie subscreen itself under the agenda doesn't seem to load. I press M and nothing happens. I'll play with this more and see if any more serious issues pop up. I should note this is under Windows 10, in case that has an effect.

Edit: More movies happened, the blurbs are kind of cut off in places and hard to read... also, I got a screen at the end of the month about the monthly Liberal Guardian, but I haven't set one up yet... I do have one lone recruit writing to regular newspapers, could that have triggered it?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:26:05 pm by Singularity125 »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 01, 2017, 07:31:56 pm »

Lobbies are presently buggy - I am trying to work out what the problem with them is.

The choices you make during character creation do trigger movies - that is not a bug. I thought I remembered testing the movie screen, but I will check again.

Right now, there is a blurb at the end of each month about the Liberal Guardian electronic newsletter. If that is what you are referring to, this is not a bug either. If it is not, can you post a screenshot?

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 04, 2017, 12:42:19 pm »

Ah, sorry, that game ended in fairly short order once I got in a car chase and I haven't started another one yet.

As for the movie screen, once a movie was actually produced and actors were named, then it seemed to come up fine. It was early on before a movie went to production that the button would not do anything. I don't think it's a bug then, but it would be nice to have a screen or message saying no actors are generated yet.

That blurb is what I was referring to, yes, but should it be coming up if I don't have anyone writing for the guardian? I hadn't even yet gotten a printing press. I suppose it does no harm either way but it was confusing.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 57