Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315903 times)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.3 released!)
« Reply #510 on: November 06, 2017, 03:21:38 pm »

I have found the display bug for lobbies and fixed it, but lobbies are still doing things that they shouldn't and I'm looking for the cause.

As for the movie screen, once a movie was actually produced and actors were named, then it seemed to come up fine. It was early on before a movie went to production that the button would not do anything. I don't think it's a bug then, but it would be nice to have a screen or message saying no actors are generated yet.

Not sure what you mean - movie characters are only viewable if a movie has been released, right?

That blurb is what I was referring to, yes, but should it be coming up if I don't have anyone writing for the guardian? I hadn't even yet gotten a printing press. I suppose it does no harm either way but it was confusing.

I just removed that code. It's causing more confusion than it's solving.

Edit: fixed another long-standing bug that caused non-conservative unarmed assailants to appear in some sieges.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 06:00:15 pm by SlatersQuest »

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 07, 2017, 02:27:14 pm »

Not sure what you mean - movie characters are only viewable if a movie has been released, right?

You are correct. It was user misunderstanding on my part - I assumed they would be mentioned once a movie was "inspired" or in mid-production. The Movies key will show under agenda from the start but does nothing at all until a movie is released. It's not a bug, I was just mildly confused at first as I hadn't played a version where movies were a thing before. So carry on. :)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 07, 2017, 03:38:47 pm »

You are correct. It was user misunderstanding on my part - I assumed they would be mentioned once a movie was "inspired" or in mid-production. The Movies key will show under agenda from the start but does nothing at all until a movie is released. It's not a bug, I was just mildly confused at first as I hadn't played a version where movies were a thing before. So carry on. :)

Ah - the reason why characters don't show up upon inspiration is because the fates of the characters can be changed at any point in the development of the film. For example, the sudden downer ending scene in which the heroine suddenly dies gets left on the cutting room floor even after the scene is shot, etc. Because the LCS can affect the movie at any time up until its release by infiltrating the production with sleepers, altering the script, etc., the outcomes to the movie's characters isn't determined until the movie hits the theaters.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 07, 2017, 08:52:14 pm »

All right, I need debugging help. Something is causing segmentation faults more and more frequently. I think it has something to do with movies, but it's not reliable, which means that I can't find it by printing things to the console. I need to know which line of code is causing the crash.

Does anybody know of a debugger that will work with LCS? Mac or Windows?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 08, 2017, 08:21:20 pm »

Version 1.32 released

No new features - this new version is mainly bug fixes. Lots of bug fixes.

These include:
-display problems involving movie characters and identities
-tweaks to how movies affect each-other
-agents no longer mysteriously disappear in TV secret missions and exit the game without fanfare
-fixed display problems having to do with the justice system and executions
-fixed some display bugs having to do with sieges at Terra Vitae locations while the LCS is elsewhere
-supposedly fixed a bug causing the game to crash when you recruit the TV leader's spouse but not the TV leader him/herself

and more...

...but the recurring segfault bug still happens and I won't be able to find it without a #&$! debugger.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 20, 2017, 03:35:41 pm »

Version 1.4 released

This is a very minor update in terms of features. I added a few tweaks, and most importantly three more movie genres: disaster, martial arts, and monster movies.

More importantly, I have laid the groundwork for factions, which are not fully implemented yet. This groundwork required altering the saved game file structure, which means that saves are not compatible with 1.3.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #519 on: November 28, 2017, 12:03:14 pm »

Version 1.4 released

This is a very minor update in terms of features. I added a few tweaks, and most importantly three more movie genres: disaster, martial arts, and monster movies.

More importantly, I have laid the groundwork for factions, which are not fully implemented yet. This groundwork required altering the saved game file structure, which means that saves are not compatible with 1.3.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ab3727j4rhwwdod/Terra_Vitae_1.4_for_Windows.zip
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 29, 2017, 04:06:28 am »

Version 1.4 released

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ab3727j4rhwwdod/Terra_Vitae_1.4_for_Windows.zip
Character creation seems broken, with the decisions being LCS related but what pops up afterwards being unrelated
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.4 released!)
« Reply #521 on: November 29, 2017, 09:27:15 am »

Can you be more specific? What do you mean decisions seem unrelated but what pops up is not?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 30, 2017, 07:53:45 am »

Can you be more specific? What do you mean decisions seem unrelated but what pops up is not?
It will list things which are clearly purely LCS related, but when you go to select them, new text, which is what I'm assuming the character creation text was meant to be, pops up in its place, something about crime squads and movies in most cases.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #523 on: November 30, 2017, 03:52:32 pm »

It will list things which are clearly purely LCS related, but when you go to select them, new text, which is what I'm assuming the character creation text was meant to be, pops up in its place, something about crime squads and movies in most cases.

That's not a bug.  Terra Vitae is set up to inform the player whenever a movie is inspired, and that includes during character creation.  The formatting is a little strange, and so people keep reporting it as a bug, but it is not.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 01, 2017, 08:04:40 am »

Yeah, people keep complaining about this one. How do you suggest I make it clearer that this is not a bug?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 57