Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315825 times)

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.4 released!)
« Reply #525 on: December 01, 2017, 04:38:38 pm »

Yeah, people keep complaining about this one. How do you suggest I make it clearer that this is not a bug?
Perhaps by clearing the screen and appending "This has inspired a movie".
At least during character creation.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 01, 2017, 06:09:19 pm »

Done - will be in the next version.

andresxdxd1

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Just some random guy who wants some fun playing ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 02, 2017, 03:42:23 pm »

Got back to report 2 bugs.
1st: Seems (to me) that 1.4 version saves gets changed to saveTV1.3, and i need to change it to 1.4 bcuz it doesn't recognize my save lol http://prntscr.com/hi8wcz

2nd: Director and lead stars appear into the church and not in (random name) Pictures and you can only kill the Director bcuz the lead star squad disappears and you're not able to fight him. Haven't tried into the 1.4, reconsidering, you should move them away to the Pictures localization and disperse them. It's a good method to farm weapons, ammo and maybe clothes lol.

Will keep comin' and reporting bugs :p
i love the LCS name generator.
http://i.imgur.com/RMgBGoz.png

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 02, 2017, 10:52:39 pm »

Found and fixed bug #1. You can solve it manually by renaming the save file to SaveTV1.4 in the .lcs/ directory while I work on addressing other problems.

#2 is a known bug, but I don't know what is causing it. It is bothering me.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 03, 2017, 12:55:20 pm »

All right, found another couple of bugs.

1. It is possible for the protagonist and the henchman of a movie to be the same character. Oops.

2. Casualty rates in most genres are too high.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 04, 2017, 05:47:36 pm »

Found and fixed yet another bug that caused segmentation faults when returning from a secret mission with a lover.

wafflesoflife

• Bay Watcher
  • Boy you can't put much here can y
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 05, 2017, 11:34:32 am »

For the windows 1.4 version the saves don't seem to work. When I exit, die (but without pressing c) or when it crashes it doesn't load
My favourite quote from the holy bible
 (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

wafflesoflife

• Bay Watcher
  • Boy you can't put much here can y
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 05, 2017, 11:46:30 am »

It's only 1.4 not 1.32 or anyother versions
My favourite quote from the holy bible
 (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #533 on: December 05, 2017, 05:38:22 pm »

For the windows 1.4 version the saves don't seem to work. When I exit, die (but without pressing c) or when it crashes it doesn't load
It sounds like the bug andresxdxd1 just reported.
You can solve it manually by renaming the save file to SaveTV1.4 in the .lcs/ directory while I work on addressing other problems.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 05, 2017, 10:32:35 pm »

I am quashing more bugs, some of them quite infuriating.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 06, 2017, 02:23:54 pm »

I have just fixed a looooong-standing bug: it is now possible to retake safehouses that have been occupied by the CCS!

More updates to come. Also, Nightmare Mode combined with We Didn't Start the Fire just got a lot harder, because you'll now have to fight for control of any upgradeable safehouses!

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 20, 2017, 08:34:13 pm »

Adding a feature by which it is possible to aim for the heart or of the head in combat. The effects of this are fairly intuitive. Different NPC creature types will have their own preferences.

Edit: after I finish coding this, I will release it.

Meanwhile, IsaacG, can you give me a low-down of what the improvements to base LCS that you've made are and where they are in the code since I started work on TV? I'd like to bring this mod up to date with the rest of LCS, so any pointers of where to go and what needs to be updated would be very helpful!  :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 08:43:48 pm by SlatersQuest »

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #537 on: December 22, 2017, 12:23:36 pm »

Meanwhile, IsaacG, can you give me a low-down of what the improvements to base LCS that you've made are and where they are in the code since I started work on TV? I'd like to bring this mod up to date with the rest of LCS, so any pointers of where to go and what needs to be updated would be very helpful!  :)
I'll have something for you when I return from the holiday break.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 22, 2017, 09:09:58 pm »

Would an option to only aim for the limbs also be possible? Would be cool to just run around kneecapping Conservatives rather than killing them and racking up murder charges.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #539 on: December 27, 2017, 03:26:18 pm »

Here's an incomplete copy of what I'm working on.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jycvrd8mal9w3xx/2017_2018_Getting_Terra_Vitae_Up_To_Date.pdf
Let me know if I should change my approach.  I actually haven't gotten to the major changes yet, but it is a start.
LCS 4.12 Thread
Article I Sec. 9 4
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 57