Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315835 times)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.4 released!)
« Reply #630 on: April 19, 2018, 07:45:40 am »

Another Bug report, Each time i end up fighting superpowered minions i supervillain sieges and attacks, the game crashes.

This bug has already been found and fixed in the new version.  :)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 19, 2018, 08:37:07 am »

Where do we get new versions?
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 19, 2018, 11:39:05 am »

Where do we get new versions?

It will be in the same place as the current version, as soon as I release it. Right now RL has been keeping me insanely busy and I'm still playtesting factions. Sorry I can't go faster on this, but you know this is a for-fun project and RL does come first  ;)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 19, 2018, 12:50:51 pm »

sounds about right, keep it up, I'm enjoying what i have played so far.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

moderate guardian

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 26, 2018, 12:04:32 am »

Another Bug report, Each time i end up fighting superpowered minions i supervillain sieges and attacks, the game crashes.

This bug has already been found and fixed in the new version.  :)
When I first encountered this bug I thought it was the conservative attempt at giving me an unwinnable battle in which all of my liberals were always summarily executed. Been happier to actually get through games without always running into the supermutants on peaceful playthroughs so far.

Hertz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 27, 2018, 01:12:48 am »

Just a quick question but if a person of a married couple dies, does the other automatically desert? Even if the dead person was a re-educated person?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 27, 2018, 10:56:50 am »

Just a quick question but if a person of a married couple dies, does the other automatically desert? Even if the dead person was a re-educated person?

I'm not entirely sure, actually - I did not write that code. I believe that the answer depends on the juice of the widow(er).

Jebediah`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 02, 2018, 06:06:33 pm »

Just came back to LCS and saw how much progress has been made on this mod, I'm so glad to see it's still getting updated after all this time!

I'm having crashes any time I try to pick up non-vanilla items from the superhero base, I'm not sure if it's been reported or fixed in the 1.5 update, I just didn't see it after having gone back a few pages. This is the Windows multi-city version.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 02, 2018, 07:23:32 pm »

I will test for that, but right now am busy with RL doing science and finding a new job.

When you say "non-vanila", can you clarify?

Jebediah`

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 04, 2018, 09:09:42 am »

I will test for that, but right now am busy with RL doing science and finding a new job.

When you say "non-vanila", can you clarify?

That's the thing, I don't know what the items are because it crashes before any text appears. I CAN pick up the standard LCS generic loot like smartphones, tablets, etc. that appear there without issue, but when I attempt to pick up (what I assume are) the unique Terra Vitae items, the game crashes to desktop before anything happens. I wish I could be more helpful.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 09:11:18 am by Jebediah` »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 04, 2018, 09:03:38 pm »

That's the thing, I don't know what the items are because it crashes before any text appears. I CAN pick up the standard LCS generic loot like smartphones, tablets, etc. that appear there without issue, but when I attempt to pick up (what I assume are) the unique Terra Vitae items, the game crashes to desktop before anything happens. I wish I could be more helpful.

That told me how to find it, and now it's fixed for the 1.5 release.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 30, 2018, 07:06:41 pm »

Due to Cheshire Cat's new remake, I am going to try to focus on that henceforth. I will be releasing an incomplete 1.5 shortly (does not have faction support yet, sorry).

I have also decided to change how I am going to do movie frequency again. There will be an option at the beginning of the game that determines how frequent movies are - it won't be possible to turn them off, but it will be possible to change them from being very common to very rare.

Edit: there will be movies in character creation, though! Your choices as a founder are important, and they should be!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 07:14:38 pm by SlatersQuest »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 04, 2018, 05:25:12 pm »

Is there a way to influence movies? I went to the film studio expecting something like that and found the president (twice) and CCS boss instead.

Honestly I like the film feature but they feel like very unconnected to the game overall. Your actions influence them but you can't do more direct things like funding a movie or kidnapping script writers, actors, etc. or sabotage a movie somehow.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 04, 2018, 09:47:01 pm »

Is there a way to influence movies? I went to the film studio expecting something like that and found the president (twice) and CCS boss instead.

Honestly I like the film feature but they feel like very unconnected to the game overall. Your actions influence them but you can't do more direct things like funding a movie or kidnapping script writers, actors, etc. or sabotage a movie somehow.

These are bugs that have already been fixed in the shortly-to-be-released version.  :)

The new version allows you to supplant the movie's director and lead actor, as well as steal the movie's budget ensuring that it will be a crappy, ineffectual movie.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #644 on: July 14, 2018, 12:15:00 pm »

I figure I should probably sticky this esteemed mod thread as well.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 57