Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315864 times)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.4 released!)
« Reply #645 on: July 14, 2018, 01:08:46 pm »

How exciting
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 14, 2018, 06:08:16 pm »

Darn, I totally lost the website for this and forgot that I hadn't released it! 1.49 It should be out this weekend!

Edit: thanks Jonathan!

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 17, 2018, 11:20:09 pm »

Well, I was going to release it, but something is causing the game to crash on startup. Obviously this needs to be fixed. Stay tuned.   >:(

NyarIathotep

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 20, 2018, 11:24:56 pm »

Sorry if this is a question that's already been asked - this is a huge thread, but is there a way to cherrypick bits of the mod to disable? For instance, I'd love to turn off movies, since I get about a dozen notifications about them a month that I need to click through, and I sometimes accidentally miss important information because of how quickly I try to get through them.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 21, 2018, 11:29:02 am »

Sorry if this is a question that's already been asked - this is a huge thread, but is there a way to cherrypick bits of the mod to disable? For instance, I'd love to turn off movies, since I get about a dozen notifications about them a month that I need to click through, and I sometimes accidentally miss important information because of how quickly I try to get through them.

Yes, it makes me wonder if we should abandon this thread and start new ones for successive versions just so that it's easier to read through. I do find it amusing to look at the first several replies that say "this mod will never be playable because it's too ambitious"!  ;D

To answer your question: version 1.49 will have an option at game creation that allows you to set how common movies will be. The highest setting will have movies triggered by LCS/CCS activity at the same frequency as in 1.42, but with AM radio and cable news movies at 1/4 of that. The lowest setting has movies at 1/8 the frequency of the highest setting. That should make the number manageable, unless you're using a truly outrageously active LCS!

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.49 released!)
« Reply #650 on: July 21, 2018, 12:03:11 pm »

Version 1.49 released!

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

NyarIathotep

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 23, 2018, 01:26:22 am »

Version 1.49 released!

Gadzooks, you just patched the problem faster than it took for me to register an account! Bless your soul!

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 24, 2018, 04:38:59 pm »

Gadzooks, you just patched the problem faster than it took for me to register an account! Bless your soul!

You're too kind - actually, v.1.49 had been in the works for a while, and that issue had been a concern for months. You just happened to ask about it on the eve of its release!  :D

couchchou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 25, 2018, 07:33:26 pm »

I just tested out the new update, and I wanted to ask before I got too far into a new session:

In non-National mode (the default) I couldn't find the Terra Vitae Offices, and in National Mode I found them in California. In neither mode could I find The TV Leader's house.

I was just curious if this was an intentional change from 1.4 -- Since previously both were accessible right from the start. Thank you for making the new version, by the way!

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 25, 2018, 09:35:17 pm »

Bug found - they're there, but hidden (they shouldn't be - they were supposed to be hidden if Terra Vitae health was to start out at zero, i.e. Terra Vitae is already defeated. I made a typo in coding. This will be fixed in version 1.5).

Still, you should be able to un-hide them by recruiting/loveslaving a Terra Vitae spouse, student, or agent, the same way you can un-hide CCS safehouses. TV students show up as College Students, TV spouses show up as Political Activists, and TV agents show up as Agents, but TV agents can be of any political alignment, while CIA agents will always be conservative.

In multicity mode, the TV house is also located in Los Angeles, in the city outskirts. The TV house will also be known by the name of the current TV leader, e.g. Vivian Pines' house.

couchchou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 25, 2018, 11:38:02 pm »

Thanks for the quick update! I have yet to find a TV Agent in the wild, but I did acquire a sleeper TV Agent at the Office--this didn't reveal the location of the office, so I'll have to try out your suggestion--I'll update this post if I get results.

I did find one thing that is arguably  a bug--Although fighting Superpowered minions at the Secret Lair doesn't net you any crimes, if you try to leave the lair and get followed by conservative swine, fighting those minions WILL get you murder/assault charges. A case could be made that since it's outside the lair, the government would know about it.

Also, I have a suggestion--doing secret Terra Vitae missions is basically a skill check for those that go on the missions, and failure means instant death for all involved. I have a feeling this would be a lot more coding work, but maybe if you fail a mission, instead of having all those agents instantly get killed, you could be placed in a site surrounded by hostile, alarmed conservatives that the agent(s) need to escape from. It would still allow the raw randomness and importance of having skilled agents, but also would have at least a little bit of player control in salvaging the failed mission.

UPDATE: Loveslaves/recruiting doesn't seem to reveal the location of the offices. I have yet to successfully try interrogation since it's hard to do so against moderate/liberal characters.

Also, Supervillains spawning in the wilderness seems to crash the game.

Finally, you are correct about the TV Leader's house--It appears in National LCS mode properly. I think I will simply start anew in National Mode next time, and to recommend to anyone starting a game to use National LCS Mode, otherwise you'll not be able to work with Terra Vitae.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:52:11 am by couchchou »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 26, 2018, 05:07:33 am »

Version 1.491 released

This update fixes the bug identified by couchchou yesterday that made the Terra Vitae locations invisible in single-city mode.

couchchou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 26, 2018, 08:59:31 pm »

I was running into an issue when trying to find all the Supervillain layers in National LCS mode:

In only 2 cities could I find any Supervillain Minions--Seattle and Detroit.

In Seattle it worked normally, but the Supervillain Minions in Detroit would be from "Seattle" and turning them wouldn't reveal any new lairs. Is there a better way to go about finding these lairs in National mode?

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 26, 2018, 10:28:25 pm »

Great mod, but periodic crashes on windows. Is there a debug file I could post?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57