Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315830 times)

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.49 released!)
« Reply #675 on: August 04, 2018, 11:24:30 am »

All right, let's try this: there is a cheat command "Move Me <location>". Try using it to move to the "TV House" or the "TV Office".

Every now and then when i lose liberals to combat(never tried this with liberals serving the death penalty or other form of death other than combat) one of the liberals appears in the newspaper article describing how this leader of Terra Vitae died bravely. This bug occurred to me with both a gang member i recruited and a superhero recruited through the cheat. When i save-scummed then later executed the "leader", nothing happened.
 I have not tried this with any re-educated conservatives. I also did not piss off  the terra vitae in my gameplay so I do not know if this "leader" happened to cause the Terra Vitae to back off.

I do not know what could have caused that. It's possible for the TV leader to be killed by conservatives in their own raids on Terra Vitae. Did the names of your liberal and the dead TV leader match?

Also an unrelated question, how do you convince the terra vitae to let the LCS use their bases?

This has caused bugs in the past, but it should happen if you recruit the TV leader (either by persuasion or seduction).

Hertz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 05, 2018, 03:42:13 am »

No, the TV leader was Vivian Pines the whole time
also the game seems to crash when I was victorious in single-handedly fended off gangsters from my homeless shelter.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 02:20:14 am by Hertz »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 13, 2018, 02:58:23 pm »

Fixed another serious bug in the First Trial of the Phoenix (dying with alternate lives caused you to be revived with 1 hp left)

Have you tried using cheat commands to find the TV House or TV office on the Windows version yet?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 17, 2018, 10:19:37 pm »

Found various bugs, though I'm not very certain where I could find an errorlog or anythng of such to help. Also, I'm playing on a Linux-compiled version, so that might or might be a partial cause to such problems.

1. Attempts at persuading a musically-liberated Vivian Pines or the first Corporate CEO encountered to join simply results in them vanishing into thin air (ie they never show up for a meeting). The former doesn't even get replaced.

2. Got a seg-fault when some movie was released. Even with savescumming, this made the rest of the playthrough unplayable.

3. Collecting a certain (unknown) object in the Superhero Headquarters likewise crashes the game.

EDIT:
4. Squads can't relocate themselves from the Wilderness to the Rural Homeless Shelter, yet can access the latter by going out of town then back again.

5. 'U'sing trees in the wilderness crashes the game if doing so would be treason.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 10:00:28 am by ShinQuickMan »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 19, 2018, 10:22:05 am »

Found various bugs, though I'm not very certain where I could find an errorlog or anythng of such to help. Also, I'm playing on a Linux-compiled version, so that might or might be a partial cause to such problems.

1. Attempts at persuading a musically-liberated Vivian Pines or the first Corporate CEO encountered to join simply results in them vanishing into thin air (ie they never show up for a meeting). The former doesn't even get replaced.

2. Got a seg-fault when some movie was released. Even with savescumming, this made the rest of the playthrough unplayable.

3. Collecting a certain (unknown) object in the Superhero Headquarters likewise crashes the game.

EDIT:
4. Squads can't relocate themselves from the Wilderness to the Rural Homeless Shelter, yet can access the latter by going out of town then back again.

5. 'U'sing trees in the wilderness crashes the game if doing so would be treason.

I will work on these. Can you tell me more about the movie that does the crashing (i.e. genre, protagonist, setting, any director or star, etc.?)

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 19, 2018, 11:30:04 am »

Looking again, I can't say 100% whether its a movie that's causing this, or something else that occurs monthly.

Spoiler: Possible culprit 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Possible culprit 2 (click to show/hide)

EDIT: I also just noticed this error message in game right before the monthly report showed up:

get_movie_view_for_creature: creature 127 not found

Also, by a glance at sitemode.cpp, I suspect that armors in SITE_LABORATORY_SUPERHERO are being misidentified as loot. I tried monkeying around with this, but can't seem to prevent a crash anyway. Guess I'll leave it to the pros then.

EDIT2: Derp. I forgot to replace the executable. Yup, I guessed right.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 11:59:20 am by ShinQuickMan »

couchchou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 19, 2018, 02:33:50 pm »

Fixed another serious bug in the First Trial of the Phoenix (dying with alternate lives caused you to be revived with 1 hp left)

Have you tried using cheat commands to find the TV House or TV office on the Windows version yet?

Using the cheat commands places the character into the TV House and into the TV Office, but the sites are still not revealed.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 19, 2018, 02:48:54 pm »

All right, fixed the superhero bug.

A word of heads-up: I am on vacation and my internet is spotty, but I will upload a new version as soon as enough of these are fixed.

My guess is that this has to do with the extremely clunky way that UniqueCreatures() are handled. Either that or you're in a strange place that doesn't allow recruitment meetings (unlikely unless you've been using cheat codes). I've never liked that architecture and will fix it if I can figure out how, but am more likely to put that off until I can make a Terra Vitae version of CheshireCat's graphical LCS remake.

I do know that Mrs. Pines can be seduced. I have done it many times!

get_movie_view_for_creature: creature 127 not found

Can you post a link to your save file?

My guess is that movie 26 is the culprit, and that the reason has something to do with either an actor or a director; however, the error in get_movie_view_for_creature() indicates that something else is going screwy as well and I'd like to see what is causing that.

This is the newly-fixed bug.

Found and fixed this one, too.

I really don't understand this one.

Question: what is the status of the CCS in this game?

Using the cheat commands places the character into the TV House and into the TV Office, but the sites are still not revealed.

Well, that means that those locations are in the game, but for some reason are being hidden. I really don't understand this. This is in the national but not the single-city mode?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 19, 2018, 08:22:43 pm »

1. Ah, I see. Maybe for the moment, you could also allow the LCS to use TV bases if you brainwash the TV leader instead? On that note, the TV leader's recruitment is a prerequisite for being allowed to use TV bases, right?

2. Here's the save. You might have to cancel several squads from going out to bases and such.

5. Basically, the game crashes whenever I try to harvest trees if doing so would be a crime. I suppose I should've mentoned that this game started with the CCS active in nightmare mode and national mode.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:24:35 pm by ShinQuickMan »

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 25, 2018, 12:00:37 pm »

Sorry for the doublepost.

Just took a stroll through a supervillain lair.There seem to be a few bugs here:

A. Traps don't trigger. Not sure if having a map of/a sleeper in the lair would affect this.
B. The supervillain doesn't spawn. In fact, when I step on the EVIL! tile, nothing happens at all, not even a message like "the supervillain isn't here...", or such.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 29, 2018, 08:54:28 pm »

Sorry for the doublepost.

Just took a stroll through a supervillain lair.There seem to be a few bugs here:

A. Traps don't trigger. Not sure if having a map of/a sleeper in the lair would affect this.
B. The supervillain doesn't spawn. In fact, when I step on the EVIL! tile, nothing happens at all, not even a message like "the supervillain isn't here...", or such.

@$%#! I thought I fixed those bugs!

I'll work on them, now that I'm back from vacation. I need to attend to my professional life, too, though, so stay tuned.

Cook100500

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 02, 2018, 05:38:07 am »

Every now and then when i lose liberals to combat(never tried this with liberals serving the death penalty or other form of death other than combat) one of the liberals appears in the newspaper article describing how this leader of Terra Vitae died bravely. This bug occurred to me with both a gang member i recruited and a superhero recruited through the cheat. When i save-scummed then later executed the "leader", nothing happened.

I've got the same bug, but it appeared from one to three liberals in the newspaper.
I was just creating alot of newlyrecruited/loveslaved 6 hippie-squad's and sending em to death in army base, police stations and ect. This bug caused me to stop diong that cuz i was afraid it will break my game.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 05, 2018, 09:33:52 am »

Version 1.493 Released

This update fixes the game-breaking bug that stopped ShinQuickMan's game (I hope you saved that save file, because it should now work!), as well as several more minor bugs.

If you're curious, Terra Vitae wife Ilse Delaney was still not in contact with the LCS, so assign_movie_director_and_star() was looking for her location to see if she was a sleeper at the movies, and breaking because she's not currently in a location of any type.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #688 on: September 05, 2018, 03:45:14 pm »

Version 1.493 Released

This update fixes the game-breaking bug that stopped ShinQuickMan's game (I hope you saved that save file, because it should now work!), as well as several more minor bugs.

If you're curious, Terra Vitae wife Ilse Delaney was still not in contact with the LCS, so assign_movie_director_and_star() was looking for her location to see if she was a sleeper at the movies, and breaking because she's not currently in a location of any type.
For Windows
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gs181wu1u848o43/Terra%20Vitae%201.493%20for%20Windows.zip
7MB for those who don't want to download the *.ogg music files.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h7k1x3a40v91p5o/Terra%20Vitae%201.493%20for%20Windows%20-%20NoMusic.zip
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

tykavanaugh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 13, 2018, 02:07:25 am »

Okay, I'm totally confused. I'm trying to run it on Mac. Where is the executable? I don't even see a readme that isn't the old LCS one.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 57