Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315781 times)

Ikaruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.49 released!)
« Reply #720 on: November 02, 2018, 02:35:53 am »

Thanks for the advice !

I'll try to camp in the Wilderness and see how it goes ...

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 02, 2018, 05:00:59 pm »

Just keep in mind that if both biodiversity conservation and corporate regulation laws are either L or L+, the corporations will leave the wilderness (and therefore you) alone.  ;)

Ikaruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 06, 2018, 07:02:57 am »

Another question about secret messions ? What are the necessary skills to start one once it is found ? I got a dozen of them already, but none of my agents had the required stats.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 06, 2018, 12:33:43 pm »

There are twelve different secret missions, each with its own skill.

You need at least five ranks in a skill to attempt a mission, although some job classes have special bonuses related to the theme of the mission (e.g. if you're going to fight in a war, soldiers get a special bonus).

Having combat skills (relevant weapon skill and dodge) will also help you succeed.

Ikaruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 07, 2018, 02:05:40 am »

Thanks !

Another question : I finally completed one of those missions and got the Terra Vitae secret files that I can publish. What's the point ? Aren't TV friends of the LCS ? Why would I want to expose them ?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 07, 2018, 10:54:54 am »

That's cause the TV are allowing it, if not outright entrusting the LCS to do so. Those papers contain findings that both convservatives and the NEC  don't want people to know. Having an independent source to publish as much only aids in corroborating the TV's work.

As far as game mechanics goes, publishing those documents positively shifts public opinion on the TV along with one or two other issues.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 10:58:52 am by ShinQuickMan »

Aster11345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 08, 2018, 03:00:16 am »

I'm noticing a glitch where I can't equip my liberals with ammo without buying it?

Ikaruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 08, 2018, 06:49:44 am »

Thanks for the answers !

I created a second business front, but its secrecy stays at 10%, unlike the first one. Is it a bug ?

Also, when I want to move all of my items from one place to another, I press Shift+number but it doesn't work ...
What is the best way to change views on biodiversity ? I know the wilderness is the best place, but what should I do there ? Spray graffiti ? Kill reds ? 
Finally, when I want to sell items selectively, I can't do it if there is more than one...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 07:26:31 am by Ikaruga »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 15, 2018, 06:24:08 pm »

Sorry for the late response - I forgot that there were unanswered questions here.

I'm noticing a glitch where I can't equip my liberals with ammo without buying it?

I'm not sure what you mean - how are you doing what, exactly? Yes, you need to buy (or otherwise possess) ammo before you can equip it.

I created a second business front, but its secrecy stays at 10%, unlike the first one. Is it a bug ?

Also, when I want to move all of my items from one place to another, I press Shift+number but it doesn't work ...
What is the best way to change views on biodiversity ? I know the wilderness is the best place, but what should I do there ? Spray graffiti ? Kill reds ? 
Finally, when I want to sell items selectively, I can't do it if there is more than one...

You should be able to have only one business front at a time, unless they're on different safehouses. If they are on different safehouses, then the business fronts that you have will only protect those safehouses that have business fronts. Other safehouses will be unaffected.

Anything that generates a news story will affect the views associated with a location. Actions in the wilderness include not only killing conservatives, but also conserving the endangered trees (the latter requires science skill). In addition to the wilderness, the athletics activity affects views on biodiversity, as do a number of the Liberal Guardian special editions, and some of the secret missions (particularly the one to the remote rainforest, which uses science skill).

Ikaruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 16, 2018, 05:43:48 am »

Thanks for answering !

I have two business fronts in two different safehouses, indeed !
But one has 10 % secrecy and the other one has 70 % secrecy.
Shouldn't both safehouses have 70 % ?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 16, 2018, 10:34:03 am »

Hmm... well, this is something I have never coded, so it sounds like a bug in vanilla LCS that got copied over.

Try this:

1. Use the "Embezzle" cheat command to give yourself $20

2. Burn the flag in the buggy safehouse

3. If flag burning is illegal, use the "Clear My Name" cheat command to remove the flag burning charge from your liberals at that safehouse

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 16, 2018, 01:02:46 pm »

More liberals at a safehouse = less secrecy, IIRC.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 16, 2018, 02:44:26 pm »

By chance, did you convert a crackhouse into one of your safehouses? Keep in mind that, unlike an abandoned property, setting up a business front in a crackhouse will not improve its Secrecy value whatsoever.

couchchou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 17, 2018, 05:13:40 pm »

The Terra Vitae mod for Windows links to a 1.493 version on the front page, while there's a 1.494 version posted a few pages back. Is there a difference there?

Using the 1.494 Windows version, here's some issues I had:

Like someone earlier posted, ammo can't be equipped in the inventory screen. It can't be equipped at the home base or from looted bodies--it would seem like the code that asks for "how many" clips are desired isn't functioning properly, because if you try to equip the wrong ammo type the correct error message is displayed. When the previous person was saying it can be equipped in stores, it's that when buying ammo for the correct weapon automatically equips the ammo, and doesn't ask "how many" clips you want, since you can only buy them one at a time.

At the start of the game, I can visit the TV Offices and Vivian Pine's house like normal, but after some time into the session the TV Offices and Vivian Pine's house are always (under siege) and can't be visited for me. I assume this is because I've built up enough of a relation to use them as safehouses, but they were attacked and put under a siege that's never lifted. I've never been able to use them as a safehouse.

Finally, this is the most nonspecific bug I have, but sometimes the game crashes when trying to start a Secret TV Mission. It seems to always happen whenever the mission is "You Find the Heart of the NEC" but it has also crashed for other missions too.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 19, 2018, 05:42:11 am »

Ugh - I thought I fixed these bugs. I will look for them again.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 57