Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315810 times)

couchchou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.49 released!)
« Reply #735 on: November 19, 2018, 11:32:44 am »

Am I using the correct version of the mod? The link on the first post goes to 1.493, but in the comments there's one called 1.494.

The 1.493 version has music, while for the 1.494 one only the NoMusic is available for download.

Sorenson

• Bay Watcher
  • Vote El Intendente - OR ELSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 20, 2018, 10:11:00 am »

Getting an unavoidable crash on 1.493 at month's end several months into the game, and which persists in transfers to 1.494, that seems to be related to film releases and other related activity since I've had several playthroughs killed off in that exact fashion before I finally found the xmllog file.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the save.

Also, there's a really annoying issue in 1.493 (didn't see any mention of it in the post about 1.494) whereby certain items, with no apparent rhyme or reason, are unselectable for selling in the pawn shop, forcing category sales in order to get rid of them. Not too annoying for clothing but having to juggle valuable loot like M4s and M249s to get rid of Gavels and Shanks blows.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 20, 2018, 07:05:45 pm »

Ugh - your save file appears to be corrupted and I can't read it using LCS. Can you reload, save again, and then try again?

Also, can you use the "Clear Movies" cheat command and see if that makes the bug go away? There is something very strange near the end of your save file that looks movie-related so I wonder if that's causing it.

I see that same material in the xmllog file but it isn't causing a crash (it is evidence of a bug, so I will look for it).

EDIT: gavels and shanks are treated by the game as weapons, not loot, which is why you need to sell them manually.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 08:40:24 pm by SlatersQuest »

couchchou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 20, 2018, 10:42:16 pm »

Getting an unavoidable crash on 1.493 at month's end several months into the game, and which persists in transfers to 1.494, that seems to be related to film releases and other related activity since I've had several playthroughs killed off in that exact fashion before I finally found the xmllog file.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here's the save.

Also, there's a really annoying issue in 1.493 (didn't see any mention of it in the post about 1.494) whereby certain items, with no apparent rhyme or reason, are unselectable for selling in the pawn shop, forcing category sales in order to get rid of them. Not too annoying for clothing but having to juggle valuable loot like M4s and M249s to get rid of Gavels and Shanks blows.

I was able to get your save to load on my system, but I also had a consistent crash right when the first movie is displayed. Using the cheat to clear movies caused the game to progress normally, and I made it to March 1st!

Also, I think the reason certain items cannot be sold is because there are more than 1 of the item.

Just like with the ammo equipping bug, if there's more than 1 of the item there's no prompt to choose how many of the item you wish to sell, so no item gets sold at all. Just like with equipping ammo, if there was a stack of, say, 5 clips, choosing to equip it does nothing (because the prompt to enter how many of the 5 to equip never appears), but if there was a single clip, it would be equipped.

There's something broken in the recent update with regards to whatever function handles the "How many would you like to sell/equip?" prompt.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 10:44:14 pm by couchchou »

Sorenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 20, 2018, 11:59:14 pm »

Ugh - your save file appears to be corrupted and I can't read it using LCS. Can you reload, save again, and then try again?

I actually have a backup from a month before since I decided to throw my theft-wanted goons into the slammer to get that out of the way and train a lawyer sleeper and decided to replay from that to see if the crash occurred at the same time as before (which it did).

Pre-crash save

Backup save

Game log starting from reloading the backup

Past the usual crap like tailoring and savescummed raids It's missing a few things like another movie getting inspired at the end of January and its note about getting a script-writer (which appeared in-game after updates on the other two movies in process at the time) but also has info about the TV leader getting killed in a fed raid (which didn't get displayed in-game, just the raid notice) so I don't know if there's anything else that could be gleaned from it.

Clear Movies was able to stop the crashing, though, so it definitely seems to be how all of that's getting handled, IIRC previous crashes all had several films in production at the same time whereas I've had one go through the process by its lonesome without issue in this current run.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 21, 2018, 12:25:03 am »

All right, playtesting - I was not able to replicate the shopping/equipment bug that you are referring to. I do note that you need to manually equip gear, which is not how it used to be, and I'm not sure how or why that changed, but I was able to equip my squad. Note that ammo will not actually be loaded into your gun until you enter site mode with it, though.

As for your bug, Sorenson, I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you. I seem to have done something that prevents me from loading your games, as none of the save files work. I will do some more hunting around, and release a new version (probably 1.6, to signify that saves are no longer compatible) shortly.

Edit: fixed the silent TV leader death bug.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 12:28:22 am by SlatersQuest »

couchchou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 21, 2018, 12:55:28 am »

I know earlier there were some issues that seemed exclusive to the Windows version, perhaps that's what's going on here as well?

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.6 released!)
« Reply #742 on: November 21, 2018, 12:36:26 pm »

Version 1.6 released!

No major features for the new release, other than a lot of bug fixes. Saves are not compatible with previous versions, hence the major update number.

Link is at the usual place.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #743 on: November 21, 2018, 08:41:34 pm »

Version 1.6 released!

No major features for the new release, other than a lot of bug fixes. Saves are not compatible with previous versions, hence the major update number.

Link is at the usual place.
Huzzah for bugfixes!
Full conversion download:
68.5 MB
https://www.mediafire.com/file/l50en3me5207k3p/Terravitae_1.6_for_Windows.zip/file

NoMusic version (since the music is unchanged, and possibly already downloaded.  Evidently there's confusion why I always upload two versions.)
1.7 MB
https://www.mediafire.com/file/z5u8c8c3c5c16ae/Terravitae_1.6_for_Windows_NoMusic.zip/file

Cheers.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

Sorenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 21, 2018, 11:03:59 pm »

Playing the pre-compiled 1.6 Windows upload, seems the game's only getting saved when X'ing out in the main screen instead of on W'ait as well, plus the Sell Multiple bug's still around.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 11:15:38 pm by Sorenson »

couchchou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 22, 2018, 01:52:21 pm »

I've tried out the new 1.6 Windows version, and I can now use the TV House and Office as safehouses! Yay!

One weird thing I had in this save was that there were two "Spacious Sewers" as Supervillain Lairs. I don't know if that's intentional, one was in Downtown and the other was outside of the city.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 22, 2018, 03:45:59 pm »

Playing the pre-compiled 1.6 Windows upload, seems the game's only getting saved when X'ing out in the main screen instead of on W'ait as well, plus the Sell Multiple bug's still around.

Found and fixed the saving when X'ing out bug. Unfortunately the DFFD website seems to be down at the moment so I can't upload the patch. I will check again later.

I cannot replicate the Sell Multiple bug, unless you are doing something radically different from what I am doing. Can you go through a step-by-step process of what you do, what you see, and what happens?

I've tried out the new 1.6 Windows version, and I can now use the TV House and Office as safehouses! Yay!

One weird thing I had in this save was that there were two "Spacious Sewers" as Supervillain Lairs. I don't know if that's intentional, one was in Downtown and the other was outside of the city.

This is a bug, and will be fixed in the next patch.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 03:57:21 pm by SlatersQuest »

couchchou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 22, 2018, 04:35:28 pm »

One weird thing I just realized is that my game seems to create two different save files: one named "saveTV1.5.dat" and one named "saveTV1.6.dat". They seem to have some sort of strange influence on each other, because I was having issues getting secret TV missions until I deleted the saveTV1.5.dat file.

I still seem to get random crashing when trying out secret missions too.

Basically, if both dat files are in the same folder as the .exe then the only prompt when trying to get a secret mission is "looking for possible mission goals" and will never find a mission.

If you delete/remove the 1.5 dat file, then the prompt will be to "weaken/destroy the NEC!" and missions CAN activate.

EDIT: The game used to save after each day, but now it doesn't. It DOES still save if pressing x to quit the game. Is the daily save function saving itself as 1.5 instead of 1.6?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 05:15:15 pm by couchchou »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 22, 2018, 05:23:32 pm »

One weird thing I just realized is that my game seems to create two different save files: one named "saveTV1.5.dat" and one named "saveTV1.6.dat". They seem to have some sort of strange influence on each other, because I was having issues getting secret TV missions until I deleted the saveTV1.5.dat file.

I still seem to get random crashing when trying out secret missions too.

Basically, if both dat files are in the same folder as the .exe then the only prompt when trying to get a secret mission is "looking for possible mission goals" and will never find a mission.

If you delete/remove the 1.5 dat file, then the prompt will be to "weaken/destroy the NEC!" and missions CAN activate.

EDIT: The game used to save after each day, but now it doesn't. It DOES still save if pressing x to quit the game. Is the daily save function saving itself as 1.5 instead of 1.6?

This is one of the bugs that I just fixed but am waiting for DFFD to be back up again so that I can upload the patch.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.61 released!)
« Reply #749 on: November 22, 2018, 08:34:53 pm »

Version 1.61 released

This patch fixes more bugs mentioned above.

Still no idea what is causing the sale bug in the Windows version because I can't replicate it on OSX. Still don't know what causes random crashes but will try to look into it.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 57