Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57

Author Topic: Terra Vitae Fork (version 2.0 released!)  (Read 315831 times)

couchchou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terra Vitae Mod (version 1.6 released!)
« Reply #750 on: November 24, 2018, 12:03:28 am »

Thanks for all the hard work!

I ran into some things that might not qualify as bugs, but they certainly seemed strange based on the comments in the code I was scrounging around for when I was experiencing that crash on TV missions (this was all after obtaining and publishing the NEC Conspiracy Evidence):

Just about all of my generic missions took 30+ days to complete, and I would only get the Final Mission if the TV Leader was not planning the secret missions.

This makes me think that something in the Windows 1.6 version is bugged with regards to that activity, since it is implied that the TV Leader is supposed to be the only one to enable the Final Mission.

Ikaruga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 27, 2018, 07:18:34 am »

Hi, I also have that bug in V 1.49 where Terra Vitae and Vivian Pines' house is permanently under siege. Is there a cheat code to stop a siege happening at those places ?
I know it's possible when a siege happens at an LCS place, not sure about TV.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
« Reply #752 on: November 27, 2018, 02:40:21 pm »

Visual Studio won't compile 1.61

Code: [Select]
      case SITE_EVIL_SUPERVILLAIN:
(767)  static int lairs_initialized = 0;
         static int lairlist[8];

if (!lairs_initialized)
         {
            lairs_initialized = 1;
            for (int i = 0; i < 8; i++)
               lairlist[i] = 0;
         }

for (;;)
         {
            nextlair = LCSrandom(8);
            if (!lairlist[nextlair])
            {
               lairlist[nextlair] = 1;

switch (LCSrandom(8))
               {
                  case 0: strcpy(loc.name, "Underground Mausoleum"); strcpy(loc.shortname, "Tomb"); break;
                  case 1: strcpy(loc.name, "Spacious Sewer"); strcpy(loc.shortname, "Sewer"); break;
                  case 2: strcpy(loc.name, "Mysterious Cave Complex"); strcpy(loc.shortname, "Cave"); break;
                  case 3: strcpy(loc.name, "Secret Laboratory"); strcpy(loc.shortname, "SecLab"); break;
                  case 4: strcpy(loc.name, "Ominous Castle"); strcpy(loc.shortname, "Castle"); break;
                  case 5: strcpy(loc.name, "Forgotten Temple"); strcpy(loc.shortname, "Temple"); break;
                  case 6: strcpy(loc.name, "Space Rift"); strcpy(loc.shortname, "Rift"); break;
                  case 7: strcpy(loc.name, "Black Skyscraper"); strcpy(loc.shortname, "Skyscraper"); break;
               }

break;
            }
         }
         break;
(800)      case SITE_MEDIA_MOVIES:

src\locations\locations.cpp(800): error C2360: initialization of 'lairs_initialized' is skipped by 'case' label
src\locations\locations.cpp(767): note: see declaration of 'lairs_initialized'

Visual Studio doesn't allow variables to be declared and initialized within a case statement.
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 12, 2018, 12:58:48 pm »

Version 1.62 released

Hopefully this will compile on Windows!

Thanks for all the hard work!

I ran into some things that might not qualify as bugs, but they certainly seemed strange based on the comments in the code I was scrounging around for when I was experiencing that crash on TV missions (this was all after obtaining and publishing the NEC Conspiracy Evidence):

Just about all of my generic missions took 30+ days to complete, and I would only get the Final Mission if the TV Leader was not planning the secret missions.

This makes me think that something in the Windows 1.6 version is bugged with regards to that activity, since it is implied that the TV Leader is supposed to be the only one to enable the Final Mission.

This is a bug and it has been fixed.

Hi, I also have that bug in V 1.49 where Terra Vitae and Vivian Pines' house is permanently under siege. Is there a cheat code to stop a siege happening at those places ?
I know it's possible when a siege happens at an LCS place, not sure about TV.

"Cheat Test Super" will create a superhero.

"Cheat Move Me TV House Los Angeles" should move the active character (say, the superhero you created with the above cheat) to the TV house.

Now you can make a squad and fight a defense. This should clear it.

IsaacG

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Engineer
    • View Profile
    • JJoseph on Deviantart
LCS 4.12 Thread
https://discord.gg/HYbss8eswM
Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide.
Constitution of the Confederate States
Article I Sec. 9 4
No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passe

tykavanaugh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 17, 2018, 10:19:00 pm »

I experimented some more. I used a wine wrapper to run the windows version as an .exe, which works "fine" (unplayably unstable, but save file works). However, any attempt to run it natively works okay, right up until creating the save file, at which point I get hit with a segmentation fault. It WILL create a hidden .lcs folder, but no save file.

One odd behavior of the thing is that "movies" will be mentioned during the character backstory part, like 4-5 movies. Don't know if that helps.

Now, I've even tried uploading some else's save.dat, still TV won't pick it up. Any ideas?

How exactly should I run the crimesquad executable? Any way someone could elaborate on that, some magic ritual I missed lol.

Or if there is some way to tell it where to save the game instead or something.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:27:21 pm by tykavanaugh »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 19, 2018, 12:11:27 am »

Hmm... well if you can load the Windows version to where it saves, can you load that save file to the Mac version? It should have the same format.

Can you run the vanilla LCS?

If the answer is yes, then that means that there is something that your machine does not like about the system calls that the TV mod is using that the vanilla LCS is no longer using (I know IsaacG has been working on it, and seeing the last several posts in that thread indicates that it's still pretty buggy, and I also know that the save file is one of the things he messed with). What makes this particularly frustrating is that TV is derived from an older version of LCS, which did work and still does on my machine.

Incidentally, can you compile the code yourself?

Edit: does the code also create gamelog.txt and other files, or just the /.lcs directory?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 01:08:20 am by SlatersQuest »

tykavanaugh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 19, 2018, 03:37:20 pm »

Hmm... well if you can load the Windows version to where it saves, can you load that save file to the Mac version? It should have the same format.

Can you run the vanilla LCS?

If the answer is yes, then that means that there is something that your machine does not like about the system calls that the TV mod is using that the vanilla LCS is no longer using (I know IsaacG has been working on it, and seeing the last several posts in that thread indicates that it's still pretty buggy, and I also know that the save file is one of the things he messed with). What makes this particularly frustrating is that TV is derived from an older version of LCS, which did work and still does on my machine.

Incidentally, can you compile the code yourself?

Edit: does the code also create gamelog.txt and other files, or just the /.lcs directory?

Thanks! LCS works in other versions.

Yes, it creates xmllog, gamelog.txt, TVRecord.txt but no save file.

Other versions of LCS have worked, and the results are identical if I compile it myself.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: December 19, 2018, 07:46:33 pm »

All right, can it read a save file? For example, can you use your WINE-wrapped Windows installation to make a save file and then put it in the /.lcs directory an load it?

tykavanaugh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 20, 2018, 05:33:45 am »

Sorry, I don't have the wine wrapper anymore, and I didn't find where that was keeping the save file. But the very unstable wine wrapper version worked fine in that you could play 5-10 minutes and load saves.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 20, 2018, 12:00:57 pm »

Well, here's the code for LCSOpenFile(), which is the function that LCS uses to load and save the save game file, as well as TVRecord.txt:

FILE* LCSOpenFile(const char* filename,const char* mode,int flags)
{
   if(!initialized)
   {
      LCSInitHomeDir();
      LCSInitArtDir();
      initialized=true;
   }
   std::string filepath;
   if(flags & LCSIO_PRE_ART)
      filepath=artdir;
   else if(flags & LCSIO_PRE_HOME)
      filepath=homedir;

filepath.append(filename);

return fopen(filepath.c_str(),mode);
}

And here's the code for LCSOpenFileCPP(), which does the game logs:
bool LCSOpenFileCPP(std::string filename, std::ios_base::openmode mode, int flags, std::fstream &file)
{
   if(!initialized) //Check if the directories have not been initialized.
   {
      LCSInitHomeDir(); //Initialize the home directory of LCS. Where stuff like the save and score files are stored.
      LCSInitArtDir(); //Initialize the art dir.
      initialized = true; //Initialized.
   }

std::string filepath = ""; //The actual path to the file.

//This ifelse block decides which directory the file gets saved to.
   if(flags & LCSIO_PRE_ART) //Art dir specified.
      filepath = artdir; //Set the filepath to the artdir.
   else if(flags & LCSIO_PRE_HOME) //Home dir specified.
      filepath = homedir; //Set the filepath to the homedir.

filepath.append(filename); //Append the file's name/relative path to the filepath.

file.open(filepath.c_str(), mode); //Opens the file.

return file.is_open(); //Check if file opened successfully.
}

I really don't know what is happening, since you say TVRecord.txt works. What version of OSX are you using again?

Tarquin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 22, 2018, 11:46:40 pm »

Hi, me again, decided to pick this back up after a while. Have a new problem; I seem to be unable to give my people more clips. The usual method, clicking the letter for the ammo clips and then choosing a number for which person to give a clip to, doesn't seem to work. The prompts appear, but no clips disappear from my storage and my people still clearly only have one clip on them. I don't suppose you changed anything about how to assign ammo clips? Else it seems I am the victim of a bug.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 23, 2018, 10:35:46 am »

Hi, me again, decided to pick this back up after a while. Have a new problem; I seem to be unable to give my people more clips. The usual method, clicking the letter for the ammo clips and then choosing a number for which person to give a clip to, doesn't seem to work. The prompts appear, but no clips disappear from my storage and my people still clearly only have one clip on them. I don't suppose you changed anything about how to assign ammo clips? Else it seems I am the victim of a bug.

I have been unable to duplicate this bug.

Can you post screenshots of exactly what you are doing, and describe exactly what key strokes you are making, so that I can find out?

couchchou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 23, 2018, 02:42:15 pm »

I have been unable to duplicate this bug.

Can you post screenshots of exactly what you are doing, and describe exactly what key strokes you are making, so that I can find out?

It's that the prompt for "how many" of that item never appears. It's the prompt that you are supposed to enter a number for. It happens when trying to sell an item you have multiple copies of, and when trying to equip ammo when you have multiple clips.

If it's only ammo you're trying to equip, there's an alternate method to doing so: press the up arrow key while in the equip menu, and then it will ask you which liberal to add a single clip to.

Here's some other bugs I ran into:

When Supervillains attack the wilderness "just for kicks" trying to fight them off causes the error message Creatures : : Get_supervillain_Type: index 3 bad to appear, and then the game will crash.

Also, I had an incident where there were 2 Supervillain lairs with the same name, but upon reloading the game, one of the names changed to something else.

Thanks again for all your hard work on this mod!

Edit: Here's a picture of the prompt that appears in the 4.12.31 version of normal LCS:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I cannot get this prompt to appear in the Terra Vitae 1.62 version at all, while in some older versions it would appear. Without the prompt, nothing gets equipped at all if it needs to first use that prompt.

You get to this prompt by pressing the number assigned to the clips you are trying to equip: In my screenshot that is A.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 03:08:25 pm by couchchou »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 25, 2018, 12:30:12 am »

It's that the prompt for "how many" of that item never appears. It's the prompt that you are supposed to enter a number for. It happens when trying to sell an item you have multiple copies of, and when trying to equip ammo when you have multiple clips.

Can you tell me which screen you get to the equip liberal screen from? I just tested it myself from the main base mode screen and it works perfectly fine, complete with the "how many?" question exactly as depicted in your v.4.12.31 screenshot. I've never seen this bug...

When Supervillains attack the wilderness "just for kicks" trying to fight them off causes the error message Creatures : : Get_supervillain_Type: index 3 bad to appear, and then the game will crash.

At exactly what point does this happen?

Creatures::Get_supervillain_Type() is called in siegecheck(), but before the "for sheer kicks" line is printed, so you shouldn't see the for sheer kicks line if that's where it's crashing. Does it happen when you encounter an enemy?

Also, I had an incident where there were 2 Supervillain lairs with the same name, but upon reloading the game, one of the names changed to something else.

Fixed (will include in 1.63 when the supervillain one is also fixed)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 57